Gransnet forums

Chat

Night owls?

(59 Posts)
Georgesgran Wed 22-Mar-23 04:03:23

Still up - I spent 2 hours uploading and sending ‘stuff’ to my local council earlier and my mind is working overtime!
I’m supposed to be driving to Cheshire in 6 hours time, so hope I can get some sleep before the dawn chorus starts up!

Kim19 Tue 21-Mar-23 06:35:46

adapted and seem to be surviving. Just a minor irritation and no longer a problem. Nice to see the daylight hours stretching. Very welcome.

Kim19 Tue 21-Mar-23 06:33:54

I'm with Bluebe!l on this. Fitful sleep has become my way of life so I've adaptex

NotSpaghetti Tue 21-Mar-23 06:30:18

Hope you felt able to get a drink and that by now, Gingster you're asleep again.

Georgesgran Tue 21-Mar-23 05:49:34

You’ve a lot in your mind Gingster because of your DD’s health - it’s not easy.
I’ve got my cuppa too (plus caramel wafer, of course). Mulling over yesterday - my friend’s funeral/celebration of her life. Still a bit surreal.
I’m conscious of a sore throat and runny nose - surely not a resurrection of this never ending cold?
Blimey, it’s dawn!

BlueBelle Tue 21-Mar-23 05:43:14

I m awake on and off in the night but I m happily awake I just listen to the radio or read on here or just relax and the sleep will come back If you worry and toss and turn sleep gets further and further away
I d go and make your cuppa gingster I bet she won’t wake, or in future take a flask up to bed with you
I now see my wakefulness as part f my life and not something to fight, that’s just me though

grandMattie Tue 21-Mar-23 05:22:06

Join the club! I’m usually awake from 3ish every morning, try to go back to sleep until half 4ish and give up. My only luxury is to have a post-prandial nap, if I can…
Sorry about your cold. if your DGD is disturbed, she’ll soon go back to sleep, in my experience.

NotSpaghetti Tue 21-Mar-23 04:33:44

Yes. But trying not to be!

Gingster Tue 21-Mar-23 04:16:35

Is anyone else awake?
I’ve been awake since 2.30 and I’m fed up with tossing and turning.
My cold is worse at night with blocked sinus and sneezing and coughing.
I don’t want to disturb little DGD or the dog so i can’t go and make a cuppa.
Roll on morning but I know I’ll feel like ‘death’.