Gransnet forums

Chat

Cooker clock!

(63 Posts)
eddiecat78 Sun 26-Mar-23 10:20:51

It has just taken me half an hour and much swearing to alter my Bosch cooker clock. Randomly jabbing the buttons achieved nothing. Following the instructions (several times) put the child lock on.
In the end we switched off the power completely and then followed the "setting the clock for the first time" instructions

MawtheMerrier Sun 26-Mar-23 10:22:46

I completely ignore mine! Every once in a while (2 months or so) the timer starts buzzing and I cancel that by pushing two buttons at once

Forsythia Sun 26-Mar-23 10:29:42

We did exactly the same. Got the Bosch book out, turned it off at the wall and started again. DH getting frustrated and jabbing all the buttons didn’t help ! 😂

Georgesgran Sun 26-Mar-23 10:30:59

I’ve just realized that I hadn’t changed the clock in my family bathroom (hardly used) last Autumn, so it’s been an hour fast for months! At least I don’t need to do it again until later in the year.
I’m tackling the range clock after another cup of tea. As I’ve only had my car a few weeks, I haven’t a clue how most of it ‘works’ let alone the clock!

SusieB50 Sun 26-Mar-23 10:36:23

My oven clock is correct for6 months of the year, just don’t bother anymore . Just need to change the two clocks that aren’t automatic

shysal Sun 26-Mar-23 10:43:44

Georgesgran

I’ve just realized that I hadn’t changed the clock in my family bathroom (hardly used) last Autumn, so it’s been an hour fast for months! At least I don’t need to do it again until later in the year.
I’m tackling the range clock after another cup of tea. As I’ve only had my car a few weeks, I haven’t a clue how most of it ‘works’ let alone the clock!

If your new car is modern, the clock should automatically change, as do our mobiles and computers.
My Jazz is older, so it is the first clock I change so that it doesn't get forgotten. Fortunately it is easy to do.

M0nica Sun 26-Mar-23 10:48:29

Changed it in under a minute. Turned the 'clock' knob to 'time and held it while I turned the other knb around an hour.

I have a Rangemasster Professional cooker.

Pittcity Sun 26-Mar-23 10:57:24

Reminds me of this old joke....

Calendargirl Sun 26-Mar-23 11:01:24

We have a Westminster chiming clock that I inherited from my mum.

I tend to leave it on wrong time for half the year, it’s a faff getting the chimes right and I dread messing the clock up and stop it working..

Shelflife Sun 26-Mar-23 11:13:42

I have a Bosch cooker , haven't had the courage to tackle the clock yet! Hate it 😡!

Ashcombe Sun 26-Mar-23 11:14:12

Because I take my car back and forth to France fairly regularly, I've become quite adept at changing its clock!

Juliet27 Sun 26-Mar-23 11:18:06

Trying to alter the bathroom towel rail heater got my DH in a temper. I looked at the instructions and said ‘did you do this bit?’ It was how to change to summer time. Had he looked at that - no of course not!!

libra10 Sun 26-Mar-23 11:23:53

@eddiecat78 We did exactly the same as you. Eventually we switched off the oven completely. Then clicked the clock button and sorted it.

Aldom Sun 26-Mar-23 11:26:04

I have a Bosch oven.
To change the time all I do (according to the instructions book) is press the clock button twice and change the time using the +or - button. Works every time.
smile

Forsythia Sun 26-Mar-23 11:39:58

You’re right Aldom but that doesn’t account for a DH jabbing all the buttons because he gets frustrated by it. As you say, it’s easy for us to do. Mine likes to ‘lend a hand’…….

eddiecat78 Sun 26-Mar-23 11:41:33

Aldom

I have a Bosch oven.
To change the time all I do (according to the instructions book) is press the clock button twice and change the time using the +or - button. Works every time.
smile

Tried that - it started the timer!
My instructions say to press and hold the clock button - but that just put the lock on

tanith Sun 26-Mar-23 11:48:06

On my Bosch oven I press the clock button once then the plus button till it’s at correct time then the clock button again,
done!

JackyB Sun 26-Mar-23 11:53:46

We have the typical German outside blinds. DH has electrified them all so they go up and down at set times. He will now spend the morning changing the clocks and then the timers on them all.
I keep telling him not to bother as if he leaves them, they will open and shut along with the sunrise and sunset just as they alwayso but no, he doesn't get it!

Shelflife Sun 26-Mar-23 12:01:33

Done it! I have followed the instructions every time but always had a problem , for whatever reason it would switch the timer on! I have just approached the job in fear and trepidation and to my amazement it worked !!

Greyduster Sun 26-Mar-23 12:05:23

My time on Neff oven, and I believe Neff are now made by Bosch, is very simple to set. I wish I could say the same for the automatic timer, where it’s supposed to switch itself on and then switch off when the cooking time is finished. Can’t get my head round that one.
My bedside electric alarm clock has been an hour fast since it refused to let me set the hours after a power cut recently, so that’s one I didn’t have to worry about today!

Jaxjacky Sun 26-Mar-23 12:06:21

Ours is off at the mains unless in use as part of not keeping electricals on standby using electricity.

Blondiescot Sun 26-Mar-23 12:07:34

I have a Bosch oven and changing the clock is a piece of cake. Takes literally seconds. Exactly as tanith describes.

Auntieflo Sun 26-Mar-23 12:30:55

Every time the clocks change, I have to get the book out for our cooker, even though we have had it for some years now. Our new(ish) car doesn't automatically change, although the old one did. So this morning I was stupidly waiting for it to change

Blossoming Sun 26-Mar-23 13:31:24

Our oven requires you to push and hold 2 buttons down at once while turning a knob. This is impossible to do one handed!

enabenn Tue 28-Mar-23 11:22:28

Same problem. Just leave it now. My husband who is very good at this sort of thing gave up.