Gransnet forums

Chat

Cooker clock!

(64 Posts)
eddiecat78 Sun 26-Mar-23 10:20:51

It has just taken me half an hour and much swearing to alter my Bosch cooker clock. Randomly jabbing the buttons achieved nothing. Following the instructions (several times) put the child lock on.
In the end we switched off the power completely and then followed the "setting the clock for the first time" instructions

Blondiescot Tue 28-Mar-23 18:47:50

jerseygirl

I never change mine. You dont notice it after a bit!!

Oh, I notice! It even drives me made if the microwave clock is at a different time from the oven.

lixy Tue 28-Mar-23 19:02:33

Blondiescot

jerseygirl

I never change mine. You dont notice it after a bit!!

Oh, I notice! It even drives me made if the microwave clock is at a different time from the oven.

Me too!
OH deliberately set them to random times after a power cut while I was away - took approx three minutes for me to notice, tried to ignore it but just couldn't. Guess whose job it is to change the clocks here!

Treebee Tue 28-Mar-23 19:09:25

We have 2 Bosch ovens, and as we are both happier if they tell exactly the same time, we get the instruction booklet out and co-ordinate our actions. He changes one and I change the other. It’s a faff, but at least it’s only twice a year!

Hetty58 Tue 28-Mar-23 19:16:14

I never did set the clock when it was new - as I like to turn things off at the wall (or the consumer unit) if/when I clean them or replace light bulbs. Better safe than sorry - and having had a major electric shock once, cautious. Yes, I've had this place rewired and all electrics properly installed - but there's still human error.

I have a little wind up, retro, magnetic kitchen timer - impossible to get wrong, portable and reliable.

pinkprincess Tue 28-Mar-23 20:33:04

I have a Beko oven. To alter the clock I just switch it off at the mains then back on again.

knspol Tue 28-Mar-23 21:33:34

Siemans oven here, followed instructions several times and got nowhere and then left it for a while, came back did sme thing and it changed at first attempt. Changing the landline phones was even more frustrating and still haven't managed to change one of my watches -aaargh!

Kartush Wed 29-Mar-23 06:35:18

when we bought this house it came with a fancy oven with no instructions so the clock has stayed on whatever setting it was on. 4 years later I still do not use it

Whiff Wed 29-Mar-23 06:45:37

I tried the first clock change on my new oven in 2019 and couldn't do it so I haven't tried since. It's the right time half the year. Anyway I have the clock on the microwave which is always the right time. I forgot this year my clock radio automatically changes the time . So I did it manually when I went to bed. Then of course it was a hour ahead of the real time 🤦🤬.

Saggi Wed 29-Mar-23 10:06:23

If you think those clocks are difficult try changing a ‘dementia’ clock . I bought this for my husband as he had trouble with time, especially in winter he sometimes didn’t know daytime from nighttime.
He’s now in full time care, but thought I’d keep the clock on…sits on shelf under tv. All other clocks are manageable BUT this clock…made for dementing folk …had me completely stumped! Took me a total of 25 minutes to sort my head around the buttons on back. My son originally set it up for his dad!!
Anyway …after that I walked down to husbands ‘home’ for a chat and take a banana cake ( loves them) and there was a dementia clock in reception with wrong time showing!!
I asked why …and they said “ none of staff can figure it out …the only man who could , a dementia patient , passed last year”….. I volunteered. I’m now a hero !

twiglet77 Wed 29-Mar-23 13:01:22

I switch my oven off at the wall after use and don’t need the time on display. When the oven is switched on the time shows 12.00 and I just press the centre button to “ok” it before using the oven. I have a small battery clock on the windowsill, the time is on my wrist and my phone, no need for an irritating constant LED display (which uses power too).

Keeleklogger Wed 29-Mar-23 16:06:05

Turn the switch off, problem solved

M0nica Wed 29-Mar-23 22:43:01

My cooker sits in an alcove, and the switch is low down on the wall behind the cooker.

To switch the cooker off would mean moving the cooker out and doing a handstand over the top to reach the switch or alternatively climbing over it with the aid of a step stool both sides.

Under the circumstances, I will leave cooker and clock on. I can change the time in seconds, the system to do so is so easy.

Carenza123 Thu 30-Mar-23 20:26:15

I must say I cannot change the time on my cooker, microwave and now more recently Peugeot 207. It’s an age thing. My husband has no idea how to do these things so I have asked my son in the past but am a reluctant to ask him(again!) as I am told “Mum, I have shown you how to change the time before!”, so don’t fancy asking him again, how inadequate I am. My best friend is You Tube!