Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 28th March 2023

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 28-Mar-23 06:12:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in brackley.
Todays plans to bus it to Bicester but return via Buckingham ,as I want to see the changing scenery as to HS2 work and EWR work .
Return home from Buckingham having had lunch there.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Tue 28-Mar-23 06:17:32

Good morning from a cloudy Torbay.

When I drove back from my exercise class yesterday afternoon, I stayed in the car to hear the end of Counterpoint, a music quiz on R4 and promptly fell asleep! Either the class must have done me good or the lost hour is still affecting me.

Today, instead of going to Props, I’m going back to the Sports Centre for a Women's Well-being Morning in aid of our local hospice. It includes talks from a nutritionist, an Olympic weightlifter and a Dance Fitness Instructor, the daughter of our teacher on a Monday. It’s being funded by our local council.

Wishing you all something to raise your spirits today. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Grandmabatty Tue 28-Mar-23 06:23:50

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 4° and damp. Too dark to see what the sky holds yet. Ash your morning sounds very interesting.
Yesterday I had to pick up dgs1 from nursery at lunchtime as he was poorly. He certainly wasn't himself. After they had gone home, I had a lovely surprise of an enormous bunch of tulips sent by a friend. It was very kind of her and cheered me up.
Today I'll have both boys as dd feels dgs1 would benefit from a wee day at home. Hopefully whatever is working on him, will pass through quickly. Have a good day all

grandMattie Tue 28-Mar-23 06:26:11

Good morning from E Kent.
Apart from not bending or lifting anything heavy, my eye is blooming marvellous. I hadn’t realised how difficult i was finding it to focus, or the reason behind my semi-permanent headaches.
Several people called unexpectedly yesterday, and were surprised to see me looking so well.
Today, No tai chi, but I’m meeting the “girls” at the pub afterwards.
Still no moving-in date, but loads of payments and phone calls to make.
I have to find some boys to move heavy furniture and stuff from upstairs, ready for the council collection. Such a shame that very, very minor damage on furniture is not acceptable to charities. When we first got married, we had tea chests and would have given our right arms for good furniture, even with a little damage!
Carpe diem, maytoday be kind to you. 🦩🦩🦩❤️🦩

cornergran Tue 28-Mar-23 06:43:31

Morning Mick, morning All. It looks damp outside, I think a changeable day ahead for our corner of Somerset

Yesterdays very early start saw a successful audiology appointment for Mr C and an uneventful if long trip to a different hospital where it was confirmed there should be surgery within four months to sort two heart issues. We’re to expect a 10 day hospital stay, it’s good to have more clarity after so much testing. A major positive was stumbling across a warm, comfortable and welcoming church cafe for a much needed break.

A routine day today. Grocery will appear, small tasks will be tackled and an ironing mountain will vanish - I hope! My spine is still making its presence known, I’ve decided planned ignoring is the way forward.

Sounds a good day ahead ash. Excellent news grandmattie.
Hope the poorly one improves grandmab. Enjoy your outing mick

Take care everyone.

Nannagarra Tue 28-Mar-23 06:49:11

Good morning from Sefton where the dawn chorus has been in full swing. Currently dry, it’s due to rain: we’re contemplating scarifying in the small window available.
Today we plan to visit Homesense for some plant supports and a large articulated parasol. Inevitably I’ll be attracted beyond the remit!
Have a good day everyone.
🌻🌸🌻

BlueBalou Tue 28-Mar-23 06:59:13

Good morning from a wet spot on the Dorset coast.
I had a wonderful few hours with a fossil hunter yesterday, and I actually found some ammonites and a wonderful chunk of fossilised wood. Now I know how to do it hopefully there will be more!
DH and DDog did a long coastal pathway walk, both were knackered so it was a quiet evening.
Today definitely going down on the beach, I’m hooked!

Greyduster Tue 28-Mar-23 07:02:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s not quite light in South Yorkshire yet but the day looks set to be overcast. My surgery appointment yesterday revealed that my lovely GP is retiring this week. She’s been treating me since we moved here nearly twelve years ago and I am very sorry to see her go. I’ve no idea who any of the other doctors at the practice are now. Nothing much on the cards today. I too have a pile of ironing to tackle and if it doesn’t rain I will go for a walk.
Have the best day you can folks.

kittylester Tue 28-Mar-23 07:07:48

Good morning all from a, currently, dry North Leicestershire. There is rain in the forecast.

Dh is about to leave for a voluntary drive. He is getting a fair few early drives lately. He is also doing one late this afternoon.

I have choir at 11 and our cleaners will arrive at lunchtime. The plumber might appear at something too.

Today is Persie's 10th birthday so we will call in later this afternoon with her present and to be introduced to her new 🐹.

Have the best day possible everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Mar-23 07:08:57

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey and damp here in S E Essex. A busy day here, I have to pop into work to sort out some paperwork, then hopefully a trip to M & S Foodhall and Next to purchase the final bits and bobs for Easter Gifts for GC and nieces. The 8yr old is performing in school play and DH and I are invited to watch.

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Pittcity Tue 28-Mar-23 07:19:18

Good morning from a grey, damp and cold Colchester. A stark contrast to yesterday's sun. The sky was clear last evening so I saw the alignment of the moon, Mars, Venus and Jupiter when I went to put the bins out, but wasn't able to get a photo.
Tuesday is charity shop volunteering day. The new managers are in the keen phase and have made a lot of changes.
Love to all 🦩 x

ginny Tue 28-Mar-23 07:23:06

Good morning. Must get up and shower. DD3 will be dropping off smallest DGS whilst she goes to her exercise class.
DGS 1 is visiting today so we will all go for some lunch in town. He wants to see his small cousins and their new house.
Kind and healing thoughts to those who need them and hoping for a good day for all.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 28-Mar-23 07:27:28

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. I should have been volunteering at the Oxford Literary Festival today but due to a migraine yesterday, I’m not. It would have been a long day - 9 am - 8 pm - with no lunch break probably. It’s a pain, but it takes a day or so to get over a migraine, mainly due to the medication I take! Never mind. I have to do a Waitrose shop as I couldn’t yesterday. Apart from that, I washed the bathroom curtains yesterday (I made then over ten years ago!) so will iron them and rehang then. OH has his final beekeeping lecture tonight then he’s all set to go! Have a good day.

Susan56 Tue 28-Mar-23 07:42:37

Good morning from Shropshire.Rain forecast all day.

I had a lovely lunch with my friend yesterday.We were so busy talking we hadn’t noticed the restaurant had closed!

Today I have the podiatrist coming this morning then a quick trip into town.

Happy birthday to Persie.I don’t think she had started school when I joined gransnet.How time flies!

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

monk08 Tue 28-Mar-23 07:44:02

Good morning all from an overcast Black country.
Been awake most of the night DH was coughing and although he went in other room I'm a light sleeper, we are due to fly out to Spain Saturday so hope he can get sorted. He has done a covid test it was negative. The last holiday abroad with the family we had to cancel due to his heart attack.
Just some banking to do then try and catch up on some sleep.
Best wishes to anyone celebrating, safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Take care and enjoy your Tuesday may you all find some ☀️.

NanKate Tue 28-Mar-23 07:55:40

Morning Mick and All from a cloudy South Bucks.

What a lovely photo of you Persie Kitty. Recently when DH was giving our 10 year old DGS his nightly inhaler for asthma DH started coughing. DGS asked ‘Are you alright Grandad ?’ DH replied ‘It’s only my old nasal trouble’ to which DGS said ‘Do all old people get that cough’ 😀

Gala Tue 28-Mar-23 07:56:34

Good morning from a very gloomy Sefton. As Nannagarra says, rain is forecast - what a difference to yesterday's sunshine.
Zoom strength class this morning. Then a visit to the fish man & a bit of food shopping. Another appointment with the "blinds" man this afternoon after an unavoidable no show yesterday. Also need to fit in a visit to the library. I now find I am less able to remember all the 1000s of books I must have read over the years. 4 or 5 pages in, sitting comfortably with a cuppa, yes, I've already read it! That will take care of today.
Have a good day all.

brook2704 Tue 28-Mar-23 07:58:59

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and cloudy with rain in the forecast
Wishing Persie a very Happy 10th Birthday🎂🎉🎉 What a beautiful photo, thanks for sharing
That sounds really interesting Ash, enjoy your morning
Fingers crossed your DH is feeling much better soon monk and you can get away in your holidays
Nothing planned for me today, I’ve picked up covid and feeling a bit rubbish with aches, pains , a cough and tiredness so I’ll be staying in for a few days 😞
Sounds like you’re having a lovely holiday BlueBalou - enjoy the beach!
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

NanKate Tue 28-Mar-23 07:59:18

Having seen you post about your husband’s cough Monk. I realise my joke might seem inappropriate, sorry 💐

Marydoll Tue 28-Mar-23 08:02:42

Good morning all from a showery Glasgow, where it is 3°C.

You sound more upbeat GM, glad to hear your eye is improving.
A busy day for you Corner and sounds as if it was a successful one, treatment wise.

I've had an awful night. I had a great sleep, until I got up at 3.33pm ( strange time) to go to the loo and had an episode of positional vertigo. It's days since I'v had one. It took a hour to settle down. To compound my misery, Mr MD, half asleep, asked me if I was OK , then duly elbowed me in the face and fell asleep! 🤬
He remembers nothing!!!!

Yesterday turned out to be quite busy.
I went to morning Mass and was cheered up by the welcome I got, including the PP's two dogs.
Invited for coffee, I suggested the other person drove. ( Kalu, after nine weeks of little driving, I couldn't face the dams road.)
A doze after lunch, in the warm conservatory then I spent an hour foutering in the garden. I thing the bending triggered the vertigo, for I had to give up. 😞
My lovely garden has been neglected recently and needs lots of tidying up, its so frustrating, that I am not up to it.

GMBatty, you are a trooper! I hope your day isn't too tiring.
*Gingster, I hope your daughter continues to improve.

Wishing you all a good day and best wishes for all in the sick van.

Gingster Tue 28-Mar-23 08:03:01

Good morning all and it’s dreary here in Essex.

I’ll, hopefully, go to Bridge club this afternoon. Dd has help from friends today.

You needed that nap Ash 😴.
Good luck with finding more fossils Blue. I’d love to do that.
Happy birthday Persie - a lovely age to be. 🎂
Enjoy the school play GG. They’re always fun. 👦🏼.
Sar hope you’re feeling brighter.🙏.

Take care all 🌷🪴

Marydoll Tue 28-Mar-23 08:04:52

brook, hope you feel better soon. Such a pity, after having a good holiday.

monk08 Tue 28-Mar-23 08:05:02

No worries NanKate he's doesn't cough much in the day it's just at night time.

Ashcombe Tue 28-Mar-23 08:05:16

cornergran: it’s good that your DH is being offered cardiac surgery. In preparing for (and recovering from) mine, I found the BHF site really helpful.

www.bhf.org.uk/

Jaxjacky Tue 28-Mar-23 08:08:51

Morning from a damp S Hampshire, quiz last night, we came second!
My son is coming to help put bark on our main flower bed later, drizzle or not.
Daughter to pick up an adaptor for Europe, Imogen is off skiing with school later this week.
Enjoy your day🦩🦩