Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th March 2023

(47 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Mar-23 05:54:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning.
Today a small local shop hoping to get some jersey royals?
Then cycling later on TV , yesterdays trip out taking in the ever changing scenery thanks to HS2 , north of Aylesbury .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 29-Mar-23 06:05:27

Good morning from E Kent. It’s grey again. It drizzled most of yesterday, was very chilly, but my tulips in pots are doing wonderfully.
I did nothing yesterday, after a very busy Monday. I joined my T’ai Chi friends at the pub for a coffee after not attending the class. I’m being very obedient re. not bending over, etc.
I slept very well last night for some reason and am grateful for that.
I hope your day goes well, with nuggets of joy, that your worries and anxieties are fewer. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩❤️🦩🦩

Ashcombe Wed 29-Mar-23 06:17:59

Good morning from a damp and misty Torbay.

The Wellbeing Morning was most interesting, not least because the attendees comprised some retired ladies, some of whom were from my Move It Or Lose It Class, and some young mothers with babies, which was lovely! It was most interesting, especially hearing from the Olympic weightlifter, Emily Godley, about her journey to participating in the Tokyo Games in 2021. Prior to that she won a gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in 2018. I felt quite emotional when seeing it on display afterwards.

Today brings the joy of a dental check up before Wednesday Club this afternoon. Sleeping well is so beneficial when it doesn’t happen often, grandMattie. Perhaps your current enforced inactivity is leading to more relaxed nights.

Happy hump day, everyone! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Mar-23 06:20:11

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 7° and damp. Yesterday I had both boys all day. Dgs1 wasn't his usual bouncy self as he's fairly unwell. Dgs2 is teething so it was a challenging day to be sure.
Today I'm doing an extra day of childcare for DD. Dgs1 will still be off nursery so a repeat of yesterday. I'll sleep well tonight! Have a good day all

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 29-Mar-23 07:07:10

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. It looks a bit damp. I have to take a key to my friend over the road, first thing. She will be feeding the cats from Friday when we go away. Bits of pottering today. I hope OH will fix the downstairs loo seat! I bought a new one several weeks ago. I’m afraid it’s not the sort of thing I can do with an arthritic thumb. It needs to be fixed before we go away as only a couple of days after our return my sister and niece are coming to stay. Have a good day everyone.

karmalady Wed 29-Mar-23 07:12:52

Good morning from s somerset, wet, fog later and damp all day. Roll on the sparkly days to match the glorious magnolias that I have spotted this week

Rhubarb picking to make a batch of crumbles for the freezer and maybe an oat and date traybake as I will have the oven on.

I have something heavy to take to the charity shop later, we have two of those shops here. One is neat and sorted with racks and rails the other is more of a jumble and half the size but both are lovely and prices are fair.

Have a good day

ShazzaKanazza Wed 29-Mar-23 07:13:56

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Hull it’s damp and dreary with rain forecast.

Yesterday afternoon I helped DD with the little ladies as they are both poorly. They all ended up asleep in the afternoon which was much needed after they had a bad night. I’ll message her soon to see if they had a better night sleep.
Today i am busy with my Mum and my uncle. Mum is going to her caravan and uncle a follow up eye check from his cattaract op.
I have an eye test first thing. The optician is only a five minute walk away. I don’t feel I need any new glasses this time.

Have a lovely day everyone. Hoping those suffering stress and worries have some respite today. 🌻🌻

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Mar-23 07:19:57

Morning Mick and all

It looks dry out, but feels chilly.

The cleaning fairies are here this morning, I have a manicure/pedicure first thing which will be sad. I have been going to the same beautician for 16yrs but she is moving away and this is my last appointment, I will miss her very much. Afterwords it’s the gym.

Have a good day follow 🙋‍♀️🦩

Pittcity Wed 29-Mar-23 07:30:31

Good morning from a grey but mild Colchester. 14° forecast today.
Usual Wednesday coffee meetup in the city centre this morning. I have more clothes purchases to return and I'll try hard not to buy more.
We'll need a Lidl shop this afternoon.
Love to all 🦩 x

ginny Wed 29-Mar-23 07:31:23

Good morning everyone.
DH is off to golf so, a quiet day in my craft room for me I think. Also need to make some lists of jobs to be done over the next few weeks.
Wi committee this evening.
Yesterday I booked a sea /riverside apartment for a week, just for me.
I should have been going to an art and well being retreat but it has been cancelled. Never had a whole holiday on my own before but I’m quite happy to eat out on my own and will spend most of the time sketching and painting.
Hope Wednesday is good to all especially those with worries or illnesses to cope with.

Alygran Wed 29-Mar-23 07:47:08

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a grey start.
Dentist at 9 then the opticians to see where I am in respect of the not made referral. I’m a little worried at the progress of the degeneration of my sight.
Then I’m serving soup at the village lent lunch, visiting a neighbour to help with some IT stuff and finally a ladies evening in the pub!
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Wed 29-Mar-23 07:47:19

Good morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire.

We had a lovely time with Bertie, Persie and Wolfie when we popped over with Persie's present. Wolfie is getting quite cheeky - funny for us to see but hard work for his mum and dad.

Today, I plan to buy trousers!

Have the best day possible, everyone.

Susan56 Wed 29-Mar-23 07:51:50

Good morning from Staffordshire.

We had a last minute request to look after B today as he is still unwell with chickenpox.We had to get up at 4.45 to get here in time😴DD and SIL have parents evening tonight so it will be a late one.Our main objective today is staying awake!

Have a good day all🦩

Greyduster Wed 29-Mar-23 07:51:51

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a grey, chilly South Yorkshire. It rained constantly yesterday so no chance to get out for a walk. Must try today. I’ll head off to the country park for a walk round one of the lakes if it stays dry. It’s a very short drive away. I didn’t eat much yesterday and what I did eat was at lunchtime, so I’m starving this morning. I feel a bacon sandwich coming on.
A big hug for anyone who needs it today. Have a good day folks.

cornergran Wed 29-Mar-23 07:55:21

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, wet corner of Somerset.

Quiet day yesterday, a bit of a repeat today unless the sky brightens. Will tackle the dust then could well retreat into my book.

Good luck with the shopping kitty, hope the optician can help alygran. An apartment overlooking both sea and river sounds bliss ginny. A decent sleep does wonders grandmattie. Hope the energy holds out grandmab.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Gingster Wed 29-Mar-23 07:56:24

Good morning all and although grey it isnt raining….yet!

I’m off to pick up Dd and little gd soon and take her to school. Dd will come back here for the day for a change of scene.

I have to pick up my new glasses this morning and pop into town as it’s market day.

Ginny your holiday sounds wonderful. Doing just as you please! 🧑‍🎨🎨.

Sar hope you’re feeling a little brighter each day. Will be in touch. 👋.

Hope all your days are ‘good’ ones.🌷

Marydoll Wed 29-Mar-23 07:59:09

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow, where its 8°C.

I'm praying for a better day today, the vertigo didn't ease much yesterday, so a day of doing little.

Last night, I got a surprise phone call from DS2, he rarely phones, always messages, so I knew something was afoot.
It turned out that DIL had been admitted to hospital, as baby is stuck in an awkward breech position and despite intervention, not changing position.
They will speak to the consultant tomorrow to discuss the options. This baby is coming sooner, rather than later.
It looks like this baby, like its dad, is an awkward wee so and so!
I was discharged from the maternity hospital at my mum's after becoming unwell with DS2, while visiting her, three hours later and back home thirty miles away in Ayrshire, I was readmitted to a different hospital and had him.

If I'm feeling OK, I am off to church to unblock a blocked drain in the sacristy.
I have my Mr Muscle drain blocker, gloves, plunger and rods.
It has old fashioned fittings, so we can't unscrew the u bend.

I wish you all a pleasant day.
GM Batty, I hope you have an easy day.

multicolourswapshop Wed 29-Mar-23 08:09:20

Good morning everyone from a bright cold day in the east of Fife. I’m off to do some food shopping today and hopefully change my credtcard pin there’s been trouble there but all will be good soon

I managed to visit my friend on her birthday to give her a mug looking like a ball of wool
I do love those novelty websites
Have a good day my fb friends smile

Teasel57 Wed 29-Mar-23 08:09:23

Good morning everyone from West Sussex. Foggy and cold here this morning. Sad news about Paul O'Grady. He did such great work for Battersea. 67 is far too young. We lived in the Chilterns for several years Michael. The huge HS2 works at Denham are something to behold. A chilly walk this morning and then a walk into town this afternoon. Have a lovely and relaxing day. Hope your grandchildren get better soon Grandmabatty.

brook2704 Wed 29-Mar-23 08:13:43

Good morning everyone from a grey and cloudy Inverness, at least it’s dry after yesterdays non stop rain
grandmabatty, susan, shazza hoping all the DGC are feeling much better soon
Enjoy your walk greyduster and you coffee meet up pittcity
Your sea / riverside apartment holiday sounds lovely Ginny, a anywhere near water is my favourite place to be
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

brook2704 Wed 29-Mar-23 08:16:02

Hoping all goes well for your DiL marydoll, exciting times but worrying too! 👶

BlueSapphire Wed 29-Mar-23 08:16:11

Good morning everyone from a grey but dry Northampton. Although rain is forecast later I have decided to chance some washing.

An interesting afternoon yesterday - I managed to go to the wrong health walk start point! We do two different walks depending on which week of the month it is, and I miscounted the Tuesdays. However it was but a 15 minute walk and I could meet the walkers at the halfway point in the other walk. I'm so glad I made the effort, as I needed to get out, and the weather was kind and had stopped raining.

Did nothing much the rest of the day; an easy dinner of cold chicken, new potatoes etc, and then caught up with some recorded tv programmes.

A bit of pottering this morning then out to book club (and lovely cake) this afternoon. Shall make a large chicken stew in the pressure cooker when I get back.

Happy Wednesday to all.

BlueBalou Wed 29-Mar-23 08:32:41

Good morning from a damp, misty, breezy spot on the Dorset coast, the haar has rolled in and it’s very atmospheric 😄
Off for a bracing DDog walk shortly before high tide late morning then will probably stay indoors and do some sketching or knitting. No rush to do anything!
We went into Lyme Regis yesterday, gosh, such tiny lanes to navigate in the town 🫣!
It rained, very little was open but we wandered around and were bemused by schoolchildren being taken along the Cobb as waves were breaking over the top! They must have been soaked.
Hopefully it’ll dry up somewhere sometime!

monk08 Wed 29-Mar-23 08:37:45

Good morning all from a dull Black country rain overnight.
DH still coughing away during the night but I did manage a bit better sleep.
Its nursery pick up today and then we have a meal booked but will see how DH is as his appetite not good and we cancelled Mondays booking.
Hope all goes well for DiL Marydoll
Speedy recovery for all those grandchildren under the weather.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ☀️.

Grammaretto Wed 29-Mar-23 08:40:31

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another dreich day here.

I was hoping to take DMiL out for a drive to the seaside but it involves going into central Edinburgh and back afterwards so not quick. I could just go on the bus and visit her and save the outing for a warmer day.

All the best for your DDiL Marydoll. We await news.smile

Yarn group today. Onto the last leg with the cardigan. or should that be arm

Have the best day everyone.