Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 30th March 2023

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 30-Mar-23 05:49:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but signs of wet on the ground here in brackley this morning.
Quiet day in yesterday, I managed to get some Jersey Royals locally .
Today , bus to Bicester only returning home for lunch, then an easy afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Thu 30-Mar-23 05:55:10

Good morning from a breezy but dry Torbay.

Glad you found some Jersey Royals, Mick; such a wonderful flavour!

Yesterday’s Wednesday Club at the Theatre was well attended for the launch of Stephanie Austin's latest book, Death Comes to Dartmoor. This is her sixth novel, based in Ashburton with Juno as the main character. We were enthralled as usual as she recounted anecdotes about the process of writing then promoting her books. Stephanie is a long-standing member of Toads Theatre Company, having directed, acted and been chairman in the past. More information available here:-
www.stephanieaustin.co.uk

I hope all is well with Marydoll’s DIL and others with health or other worries. I wish you all a good day. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

grandMattie Thu 30-Mar-23 05:57:16

Good morning from E Kent. It looks like it has dried up now. We had what I believe the Irish call a ‘soft day’ yesterday.
A quiet day yesterday. I made a chocolate fudge cake to take to Spanish today. I’ve got a friend to take me. Although I see well, I’m reluctant to drive for the moment.
This afternoon, I’ve got a farewell visit from my lovely decorators, bless them…
Only a fortnight before the move from here but still no moving in date. I’m getting rather cross with the freeholders and the vendor’s solicitor, leave the anxiety.
As Julian of Norwich said, “All will be well, all will be well, all manner of things will be well…”
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

cornergran Thu 30-Mar-23 06:06:59

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset is wet and windy. Nice.

We’ve not ventured out since Monday. A decision made to have lunch in a tiny garden centre with an excellent cafe, all food is cooked to order, that will tempt us out.

I do understand grandmattie, we had similar issues purchasing our current home on a retirement development. All seemed unnecessarily slow.

Take care everyone. Hope Thursday will have a smile in it.

NannyJan53 Thu 30-Mar-23 06:12:21

Good morning from a dark and damp Black Country.

Landed around 6pm yesterday to lots of rain! After a week of clear skies and sunshine hitting 26 deg it was a bit of a shock. The photo is our last early evening in Lanzarote at the hotel.

Unpacking and putting washing on this morning. MrJ has a hospital appointment this afternoon. It's all go smile

Wishing you all a lovely day

karmalady Thu 30-Mar-23 06:12:49

Good morning from s somerset, I am expecting sun and also quite heavy showers with wind.

I had been hoping to go cycling, not a long cycle, just to see if I can still get up the hill with the catseyes that I count to the top. I am weather averse so a walk into town will do and I now also have a craving for jersey royals. I will buy some

Have a good day

BlueBalou Thu 30-Mar-23 06:36:00

Good morning from the Jurassic coast where it’s been stormy and very wet! Quite possibly it’s the same this morning, I haven’t looked yet 😄
Regardless of the weather I am really enjoying the chance to do plenty of beach walks and fossiling even if it means getting very wet. DDog is loving charging around on the sand, she’s sleeping well too!
Going to Bridport this morning then probably West Bay . Hoping to find a crab sandwich- my favourite - or have lunch out.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 30-Mar-23 06:46:23

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. Obviously I’m still in bed! In fact I came to bed at 8.30 pm last night with a migraine. Such a pain. Our two cleaners are making their last visit today. We have managed to find someone locally at half the cost. Our gardener is coming after lunch. Mainly weeding and tidying up but also planting a mint in our herb garden. The new wardrobe is being delivered sometime today. The new spare room will then be finished. It is Book Group this afternoon. WI admin too as I’m missing the next committee meeting. At some point I should do some packing. We are off on our Danube cruise at the crack of dawn tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it. Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 30-Mar-23 06:46:35

Good morning from Shropshire.Rain overnight but seems to have stopped now.

After yesterdays early morning dash to Staffordshire I was absolutely exhausted and went straight to bed when we got home.

Today is an H day but he will enjoy a day at home.They have a busy life so he is always happy to stay in the house and play with his toys.

I’m fancying Jersey Royals too!

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Marydoll Thu 30-Mar-23 06:47:56

Good morning all from Glasgow, where its currently 8 °C.

Firstly, belated birthday greetings to Mr Luluaugust, I hope you had a lovely day.
Glad to hear you op has been successful, GM and I wonder how * Gingster's daughter is doing.

I didn't sleep well last night, due to some anxiety about both my own hospital appointment and DIL's one with the consultant today.
I am attending a hospital, which is unfamiliar to me. Hospital appointments rarely phase me, but this appears to be for a clinic where patients are offered investigations, diagnosis and treatment all in the same day.
I have no idea what is going on, but am not allowed to take my three inhalers for twelve hours beforehand, so I presume I will be having tests in the respiratory lab. No a pleasant experience, if I remember correctly.
I suppose its quite opportune, that I have a hacking cough! 😉
We have a very early start, having to brave the rush hour traffic to the south side of the city. Mr MD is no longer used to driving in rush hour and he doesn't know this area at all, it should be fun! 😄

Wishing you all a pleasant day and of course thinking of those, who are poorly.

Shel69 Thu 30-Mar-23 06:57:51

Good morning from Killarney Co Kerry, the birds are singing loudly outside and I'm getting up to make my grandson packed lunch for school, after dropping him off I will head to macdonalds for a latte and a chat with the morning regulars, then to visit my husband in hospital, he has been there now for 5 months, had covid, long covid, stroke,now rare brain cyst, while waiting for a biopsy he caught covid again in the ward, then chest infection,urine infection, but now hopefully he's on the mend again, did well after the stroke at rehab, now back to square one, thankfully now we see light at the end of the tunnel,
After seeing dh I will have lunch out and then collect my grandson from school, we will pick up the dog and go to Killarney national park(seen last week on wild isles) which is beautiful and is a place to walk and relax on a bench looking out onto the lakes, home, cook supper, tidy up from the morning, check shopping list and go to the shopping centre, home sort out homework etc,uniform for next day,after growing up in London I find this is a beautiful place to live now,
Blessings to all

NanaDana Thu 30-Mar-23 06:58:29

Good morning all, from an overcast but exceptionally mild Tyneside, where we're expecting a most unseasonal 15 degrees today. Just back from spending a pleasant week at bonny Berwick upon Tweed, where we were fortunate enough to have lots of lovely town wall/riverside/coastal walks with our two pooches. Always pleasant to get back home, though. Hope your day goes well.

kittylester Thu 30-Mar-23 07:03:53

Good morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

A slow start today for me although dh has yet another very early drive. I'm very tired after yesterday's clothes shopping.

I have a pedicure today and then we have a Sainsbury's delivery this evening.

Have the best day possible everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 30-Mar-23 07:16:20

Morning all

The sky looks as if it is brightening up after the torrential rain of last night.

Ironing this morning, then I shall gaze into the freezer for some inspiration for dinner.

Sending (((hugs))) to all in need

Have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Gingster Thu 30-Mar-23 07:18:43

Good morning all and it’s a grey day.
Monsoon like rain last evening after quite a pleasant day.Dh went fishing and Dd spent the day with me. She’s much better than she was but lots of aches and pains still. Steroids being reduced slowly. I’m doing the school run with help from other mums too.

Hoping to go to bowls club this morning, all being well. 🤞.

Goodness Shel69 you do have a busy life. How do you fit it all in. I hope your Dh will soon be better and out of hospital. 5 months is a very long time. 🙏. Killarney is indeed a beautiful place.

Marydoll I hope all goes well for you today. A stressful rush hour journey doesn’t help does it. ! Thoughts to your DIL. 💐.

Take care all 🌷

Greyduster Thu 30-Mar-23 07:23:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s grey on one side of the house and blue on the other this morning! It rained heavily last night and I’m going out with the walking group this morning, so I guess it will be a muddy slog. After that I’m having lunch with DD who is now over her bout of covid. There is a garden centre just up the road from her house so we may have a walk round there as I need some alpines to fill a few gaps.
Whatever you’re doing, have the best day you can.

Grandmachrisy47 Thu 30-Mar-23 07:26:53

Good morning from a damp but mild Co Durham.
Just waiting for dgd to arrive for breakfast and walking to school, then I’m heading for a local town for a pedicure and facial. What colour do have on my toes? Decisions, decisions 😀. After collecting a poorly dgd from school on Monday she bounced back and was in school on Tuesday. So resilient at 8 aren’t they?
Have missed two days of your posts so I hope everyone is ok.
Thoughts for Shel69, hope your hospital trip goes well, Marydoll. I’ll read alll posts later.
Have a good day.

Grandmabatty Thu 30-Mar-23 07:31:32

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 8° and damp. Grey skies above. Susan a quieter day for you. Marydoll best wishes on your appointment today.
Yesterday was a pleasant day with the boys. Dgs1 was much better and dgs2 was his usual happy wee self. I was exhausted by evening though, as I'm not used to having them for three days.
Today's excitement is a trip to the dentist this morning. Then I'll have to pick up milk and bread. I have no other plans. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Thu 30-Mar-23 07:32:32

Good morning from cloudy Colchester. It rained heavily last night and is forecast to be mild with a chance of rain. There is a bit of blue between the clouds so the sun may peek out.
Housework and bed changing this morning as I am waiting in for the annual boiler service.
DH has a blood test and is then off fishing.
Just had a text from DD1 to ask if she can park at ours as she's working nearby today.
Love to all 🦩 x

Georgesgran Thu 30-Mar-23 07:34:17

Good morning from Durham. It’s raining again. Problems with the heating at my rental house, the poor tenant has only been in 2 weeks, so I need to sort that for him asap.
DD2’s dog to walk and coffee with a friend to fit in and a bit of admin later.
Good luck with the appointment and journey to it Marydoll I hated it when DH had to go to an unfamiliar hospital.
Best wishes to all. X

multicolourswapshop Thu 30-Mar-23 07:54:38

Good morning all from the east coast of Fife where it’s nice and bright but feels a little chilly I’m hoping the weather warms up soon I’m needing to get my bedding plants in I’ve also got last years begonias ready to be replanted they’ve been drying off in the shed all year they’re really beautiful one of my favourites
Have a good day my fb friends friends

karmalady Thu 30-Mar-23 07:58:16

Shel69 flowers you are one strong woman. All the best to you

Taichinan Thu 30-Mar-23 08:01:28

Good morning all. The sun is desperately trying to burn through the must this morning but so far the must is winning. Visibility at the momentum is only about a couple of hundred yards.
I have attached a couple of photos of Dancing GD - she has a whole string of them for her portfolio.
Yesterday was a stay at home day, courtesy of the weather but today it's tai chi followed by taking my friend up country where we shall go for lunch at our favourite place - I've warned her I shall still be in my tai chi togs as I won't have time to go home first.
So sorry to hear about your DH - I hope that light at the end of the tunnel continues to shine ever brighter. Where you live sounds lovely.
Marydoll I hope your hospital visit goes well.
Not the best of beach weather bluebalou but you seem to be enjoying your break.
The sun here has lost its battle against the mist so I shall just go and get on and ignore it. Have a lovely day everyone x

monk08 Thu 30-Mar-23 08:01:36

Good morning all from a damp Black country.
Welcome back NannyJ we are off early Saturday morning just hope DH cough improves.
We need to collect the boys from child minder and school then we will have tea at theirs.
Hope all hospital visits go well and any poorlies are improving.
Enjoy your Thursday whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Taichinan Thu 30-Mar-23 08:03:06

Sorry - I forgot to proof read!