Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 24th May 2023

(39 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 24-May-23 05:50:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny this morning in brackley already this morning.
Yesterday a slight miss apt on the bus going into Bicester yesterday on the bus, we was just turning down the main road into the town, on a roundabout and a car took us on the inside scrapping the bus , but he realised what he done ,because the driver pulled into the first stop to look asking if anyone had took the car number details , but the car driver turned up and himself and the bus driver exchanged details before we continued .
I also heard on the Monday just gone they had a fire at Bicester Village designer outlet , causing shops staff etc to come into the town centre and taking available space in cafes etc whilst there.
Today will do my usual routine of housework plus going on the bus to Bicester and hopefully relax after .
Take Care,
Mick

harrigran Wed 24-May-23 08:38:30

Good morning from another sunny day in the NE.
Sister stayed several hours and we had a good chat. She brought me some gifts including a rucksack which she thought would be good for holidays.
I need to get the washer going and decide what I am going to need for my Scottish holiday this weekend.
Have a good day.

hulahoop Wed 24-May-23 08:47:36

Good morning from a bright West York's. Washer on forgot we were going to jet wash patio 🙄.Everyone sounds busy, we have school pickup this afternoon ,think I will go and look for some sandals this morning.
Have a good day .

EkwaNimitee Wed 24-May-23 08:51:34

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright but cloudy Carlisle. Looks like there could be a shower or two.

I got to the station yesterday lunchtime to find my train had been cancelled at short notice-no staff available. Fortunately there was another due less than an hour later which proved to be one of the faster ones with fewer stops. A taxi got me from the station to arrive just in time for my appointment with the physio.
It was a very slow trip back to the station, an horrendous amount of cars as it was now rush hour. Before my first trip over here, I had thought I would drive over the next times after I'd familiarised myself with the roads but now I think not! When it's not rush hour, there's too much fast traffic and lane changes for my aging brain to cope with in the city itself. The train ride is very pleasant with pretty scenery to look at.
Today, catch up with housework and planting out in the garden plus some pesky essential admin.

Wishing you all the best of days....

aggie Wed 24-May-23 09:01:45

Good Morning from a slightly overcast Co Armagh, it’s only 8 degrees here
Did a lot of sorting in the greenhouse yesterday , I’m itching to plant out the tomatoes , they are strong but tiny .I seem to have managed to get 3 cucumbers to grow too
Club this morning, I must take my decaf coffee , I need the taste if not the kick 🙄
A friend has had bad news about her eldest , I’ll light a candle for her and add it to the several on the go for poorly grands and daughters

hollysteers Wed 24-May-23 09:18:36

Good morning Mick and all from a mixed up northwest coast. Sun then cloud etc, But I’ve had a couple of good drying washing in the garden days.
Good time at the music club yesterday with one regular celebrating her 94th birthday. I coincidentally took some string lights to drape round the music stand.

I overate last night and woke up with the worst heartburn I have ever had (hiatus hernia) burning violent coughing for what seemed an age. Gaviscon taken etc, but a horrible night. Have put off my usual lunchtime recital today, but my friend with macular degeneration is due tonight for a meal here and overnight stay. Don’t feel I can put him off as he’s v depressed and looking forward to it. Will just rest today.

Thoughts to all with worries and will read through later.

luluaugust Wed 24-May-23 09:28:49

Good morning from a sunny W Kent. Lovely chat to DD1 last night who says er figure is now similar to one of my aunts!! discussed where she could go in Edinburgh for a dress for a friend’s wedding.
Off to meet friend I haven’t seen for a while and then DH and I hope to go to a local garden whilst the sun is shining.
Take care everyone

BlueSapphire Wed 24-May-23 09:34:23

Good morning everyone from another bright and sunny 🌞 day in Northampton. The washing is in the machine including the t-shirt I managed to throw red wine all over recently. It has been soaking in cold water and stain remover, and am keeping my fingers crossed.

A good health walk yesterday then cut the front grass, and attacked the weeds on the drive; then an hour in the sun with my book.

Well-being cafe this afternoon, but first to make a tomato, pepper and lentil soup in the pressure cooker. Found the recipe in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago, sounds.really good. Should make some good lunches.

Have a happy Tuesday in the sun 🌞🌞🌞!

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 24-May-23 10:01:49

Good morning from another sunny day near Llandeilo, we had a good day in Tenby yesterday, beautiful weather.
Off to the Mumbles later.
MrOops has chosen a beautiful area for our holiday cottage, but it might be a bit too far from the M4 for us to move to.
We will see what the scenery is like ‘down there’ today.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Auntieflo Wed 24-May-23 10:03:37

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Lovely upbeat posts mostly this morning. What a lovely way to start the day.
I have been trying, in our small town, to buy a plain white tee shirt, like many others. The thing just doesn't exist here, and our shops are getting fewer. After mooching around and a reviving coffee, I popped into the charity shop, where I volunteered for many years, and lo and behold I found 2 tee shirts. Admittedly not plain white, but at least they didn't have slogans, stars or glitter.
Later I had a phone call from the volunteer drivers desk, to say that the allocated driver for next week had been changed. I had to ask, as he has a low slung sports car, and I can't manage those any more. Shame!

GrandMattie you sound as though you are settling in nicely.
You made me laugh Marydoll with your driving escapades and CT scan 'helpers'.
My sunflower seedings are growing apace, but I am loathe to plant them in the garden just yet, as the slugs/ snails would just chomp them in no time.
Thinking of all the poorly ones and those in need of a bit of TLC. Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Wed 24-May-23 10:05:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Baggs Wed 24-May-23 10:25:10

Morning all from a ⛅️⛅️ Boggy Brae. Quite chilly this morning when I went out at ten to seven.

Yesterday I found a whole new spread of Northern Marsh Orchids so I've marked the area with sticks and some stones. I might intend to mow round it this morning.

Swim this afternoon. The hand attached to the smashed wrist is getting stronger every day so I might manage more lengths than last week.

Good day wishes to all 🌱

Ziplok Wed 24-May-23 11:01:54

Good morning,
Had a busy morning ironing all the washing from our holiday. All done now and put away, so time for coffee. DH has just made a batch of scones so I think we might have to sample one, just to make sure 😂.
We had a lovely holiday, but the garden took on quite a growth spurt whilst we were away so needed attention. It looks better now, I’m pleased to report. This lovely warm weather helps, of course.
Lovely photos of the flamingoes, Gwenisgreat1. We saw some whilst on holiday, but they were being rather shy and remained huddled together behind a bush. We caught a glimpse of them, but they weren’t really coming out to play. Glad you had better luck 😁.
That looks a lovely, peaceful spot, Greyduster.
Well ☕️ and scones beckon.

Borrheid55 Wed 24-May-23 11:29:48

Granmattie sorry to hear about your Menieres diagnosis. I was diagnosed with it in 1990 only to be told last year that I didn’t have it! Been on daily medication for 33 years that I didn’t need. I now have a precise diagnosis of ( deep breath ) - Bilateral Vestibular Hypofunction . I really hope your ENT appointment is thorough. I had all sorts of tests with an audiologist last year. Good luck!