Gransnet forums

Chat

You have £100 and must spend it on yourself, what would you buy?

(166 Posts)
Oopsadaisy1 Wed 01-Nov-23 17:08:10

I already get my hair done every 6 weeks, I have plenty of clothes and jewellery, and enough electronic equipment.

Whatever would I spend it on?

In the good old days I would probably buy a Record Album or 2, film for my camera, a couple of good books a new pair of shoes…….

Over to you, you can’t put it towards household expenses or food.

Grammaretto Wed 01-Nov-23 20:14:19

Boots for me or maybe some good quality trousers.
If you have a pamper day do you not have to have somewhere to go with your new facial?
I know nothing about this kind of thing as you can guess.

Hetty58 Wed 01-Nov-23 20:15:46

I'd spend it on some help - either a house one-off deep clean or a garden tidy (as I'm feeling a bit lazy and in need of hibernation). Still, I think it would cost a bit more.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 01-Nov-23 20:17:15

A theatre ticket depending on price maybe 2.

Georgesgran Wed 01-Nov-23 20:52:50

Boringly, 3 bottles of CK Obsession (on offer wherever) - that would be a year’s supply.

SueDonim Wed 01-Nov-23 21:07:16

At this very moment? A heated throw. I’m freezing!

Oreo Wed 01-Nov-23 21:51:53

A new Winter coat

Teebles64 Wed 01-Nov-23 22:19:07

A new pair of sweaty Betty yoga pants. They really are the best- fit well and lovely colours. The remainder would go on Lindt chocolate teddy’s for Christmas.

nanna8 Wed 01-Nov-23 22:29:06

A nice Scandinavian sweater probably- though I dare say with postage it would be more than £100 for us over here.

Hetty58 Wed 01-Nov-23 22:45:11

SueDonim, my new heated mattress cover and heated throw were paid for from the Winter Fuel Payment - very appropriate, as I'm sure they'll soon pay for themselves. I can turn the thermostat down and still be comfortably snuggled up. There's something about direct heat, even minor direct warmth, that heating the room just doesn't provide.

LadyGaGa Wed 01-Nov-23 22:57:39

I’m a simple soul. A new handbag and another pair of silver earrings. Job done.

henetha Wed 01-Nov-23 23:14:16

Hopefully it would be enough for a gold chain necklace. I've some silver but hardly any gold, and I do love jewellery.

Callistemon21 Wed 01-Nov-23 23:21:19

Casdon

I was looking today at a tour of the Royal Mint, and a VIP tour costs £99, so that’s what I’d get.

😲 Do you get a souvenir set of coins included Casdon

I went on a tour but obviously it wasn't a VIP one at the price I paid. I did get to strike my own £1 coin just before they went out of circulation 😁

GrannyRose15 Thu 02-Nov-23 02:58:20

I’d buy flowers every week until the money was all gone.

grandMattie Thu 02-Nov-23 05:31:35

I’d get a manicure regularly and have steak for dinner every week until the money runs out. Good shoes?
I would get flowers, but I already always have flowers in the house and too many house plants…

BigBertha1 Thu 02-Nov-23 06:43:31

Difficult question as I already have some nice things but maybe some good trousers from Hobbs.

karmalady Thu 02-Nov-23 06:51:33

I would buy the wool to make myself a new gansey

Cabbie21 Thu 02-Nov-23 06:58:16

A chauffeur to drive me somewhere different.

M0nica Thu 02-Nov-23 07:08:38

A spa day at my favourite spa with DH and DD or DGD

Maggiemaybe Thu 02-Nov-23 07:18:34

I have more than enough party outfits from the days when I used to have more parties. smile But M & S have an embroidered black velvet jacket that would be perfect for Christmas. £99.

Wheniwasyourage Thu 02-Nov-23 07:22:46

Bella23

A family photo at a studio.

That’s what I would like too.

Maggiemaybe Thu 02-Nov-23 07:25:57

Actually, scrap the jacket. I’d like the family photo too.

downtoearth Thu 02-Nov-23 07:26:37

I cant think of anything I want or need,would probably be books and bits and pieces that dont cost much.

Casdon Thu 02-Nov-23 07:59:30

Callistemon21

Casdon

I was looking today at a tour of the Royal Mint, and a VIP tour costs £99, so that’s what I’d get.

😲 Do you get a souvenir set of coins included Casdon

I went on a tour but obviously it wasn't a VIP one at the price I paid. I did get to strike my own £1 coin just before they went out of circulation 😁

Sadly no coins included, but it sounds really good.
‘This tour gives you an exclusive talk from a curator of The Royal Mint Museum, which hosts a world-famous collection of rare historic coins, medals and precious numismatic artefacts that aren’t on public display. This spectacular tour includes visits to the commemorative coin production line along with lunch and afternoon refreshments at the café.’

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 02-Nov-23 08:14:46

grandMattie

I’d get a manicure regularly and have steak for dinner every week until the money runs out. Good shoes?
I would get flowers, but I already always have flowers in the house and too many house plants…

Sorry, no food allowed.

I like the idea of flowers but MrOops is allergic, so would be sneezing all day. Every day.

Oldnproud Thu 02-Nov-23 08:20:42

As a craft addict, probably more wool to knit or crochet with.

For the last couple of months I have been longing to knit a lovely sweater that I saw a pattern for on Ravelry but even the 'cheap' version ( i.e., using a cheaper yarn than the one stated in the pattern) felt too expensive to justify, coming in at over £40 for yarn and pattern, but with £100 I wouldn't hesitate, and might even push the boat out and go for the recommended wool for once!