Gransnet forums

Chat

You have £100 and must spend it on yourself, what would you buy?

(166 Posts)
Oopsadaisy1 Wed 01-Nov-23 17:08:10

I already get my hair done every 6 weeks, I have plenty of clothes and jewellery, and enough electronic equipment.

Whatever would I spend it on?

In the good old days I would probably buy a Record Album or 2, film for my camera, a couple of good books a new pair of shoes…….

Over to you, you can’t put it towards household expenses or food.

Callistemon21 Sun 05-Nov-23 15:44:22

Cyclone and CBBL have you looked at Wider Fit Shoes? Some come in a 3, various widths (not sure about a 2) but some have removable insoles too so you can fit orthotics, gel insoles etc.
www.widerfitshoes.co.uk/pp+ladies-ladies-boots+lcb1

NotSpaghetti Sun 05-Nov-23 15:49:15

At the moment I think I'd donate it half and half to:

St Martin in the Fields Vicar's Relief Fund
www.frontlinenetwork.org.uk/about-us/
and to
Hughs House & Garden in Mountjoy Dublin.
www.hughshouse.ie/

If the "rules" wouldn't let me donate it I'd like one of those fabulous woven (fair-trade) African baskets for shopping and a bottle of the super unctuous Primitivo di Manduria Settanni from San Marzano. 🍷

Cheers!

NotSpaghetti Sun 05-Nov-23 15:55:15

In my defence I'd like to say that "gifting" is such a lovely thing to be able to do - I know it would bring me happiness.

dogsmother Sun 05-Nov-23 15:56:36

Been trying to think how to indulge and think it migh5 have to be a massage.
I’ve only really done this with dd when she’s treated me and it is an indulgence that I’d probably not pay for.

Juliet27 Sun 05-Nov-23 15:59:33

MrsKen33

I’d buy a jumper from toast.

I see what you mean! I’ve just looked at their site and rather liked the look of the Polka Stripe Ikat Dress, but not the price!

Callistemon21 Sun 05-Nov-23 16:37:00

Juliet27

MrsKen33

I’d buy a jumper from toast.

I see what you mean! I’ve just looked at their site and rather liked the look of the Polka Stripe Ikat Dress, but not the price!

I'll buy some yarn and new knitting needles 😲

0ddOne Sun 05-Nov-23 19:41:11

I could put it towards any number of things! Craft supplies, art supplies, walking accessories, new tech gadgets, photography accessories, the list is endless! grin

JudyBloom Sun 05-Nov-23 20:26:19

Books, fabric stash and water colour sketch pads.

AngieP Sun 05-Nov-23 21:32:49

Perfume!

Margiknot Sun 05-Nov-23 22:11:11

At this time of year I start dreaming of nice warm jumpers! £100 is quite a lot so perhaps a cashmere one?

Snowbell Sun 05-Nov-23 22:52:55

How strange that this pops up the day I won £100 on the premium bonds! I am grappling with myself as to whether to spend it on myself or be sensible and pay off some of what I owe my energy supplier!

Sasta Mon 06-Nov-23 11:30:49

I love this idea icanhandthemback. The gift that keeps giving if you learn a new skill too.

JaneJudge Wed 08-Nov-23 17:22:26

I wanted to let you all know, the dressing table reappeared and was reduced by the seller and I picked it up on Monday smile It was £100 but my husband subbed me the missing £5 smile

Mollygo Wed 08-Nov-23 17:39:00

JaneJudge, so pleased for you. I had similar luck when the Fame perfume I wanted was reduced by 20%. It meant I had change!

nannyjoe Wed 07-Feb-24 10:25:32

There is nothing i need ,id share it out amongst the grandchildren ,wouldnt go far though £20 each lol.