Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 23rd March 2024

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 23-Mar-24 05:41:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Nice start to the day its daylight and a clear sky over brackley at the present moment .
My usual Saturday routine , of bus to Bicester for a couple of hours where I seem to meet more people I know .
Then return have a light lunch, a bit of a nap then cycling on TV before I go and get a Chinese Take Away .
Looking out of the window even the birds are flying around as well.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 23-Mar-24 05:52:22

Good morning from Bristol. The birds are singing, the woodpeckers drumming away, the sky is light…. Rain forecast!
I had a good Spanish class yesterday, the last for this term.
I visited one of my neighbours for a cuppa in the afternoon. I returned home to make sone coffee and walnut fairy cakes for this morning’s church coffee and chat. I am serving; the second of three consecutive Saturday mornings. As there were too many cakes to fit in my tin, I gave some to two of my neighbours.
Today, serving coffee. In the afternoon, I’m going to DD’s for an early dinner then off to DGD1’s school. She is taking part in a musical presented by the VIth form drama students.
Hope Urms got home ok, that MD is taking things easy and that everyone in need has a quiet day. Thinking especially of the poor princess of Wales and family.
Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

RosesandLilac Sat 23-Mar-24 05:56:11

Good morning Mick, clear skies here too in south Glos.
Another restless night here, I’ve clearly overdone it and this is the consequence 🤬
My newly painted bedroom looks lovely, I’m delighted with it. I did start moving furniture back in but haven’t got far because so breathless 🙄
I will do more today.
My new garden fence is finished and my neighbours have done a wonderful job of it! Now I need to sort out the border in front of it….. I think I know what I want to do and I will get help to do it.
Hopefully a quiet weekend here, I hope you all enjoy yours 🌹

Susan56 Sat 23-Mar-24 06:11:29

Good morning from Shropshire.Sunshine and showers forecast.

We are up early as we are going over to Cheshire to my mum’s village where we will meet DD’s and the grandchildren to have breakfast with the Easter bunny!Not sure what the plans are after that.

My thoughts too are with the Princess of Wales and her family.Such a brave, dignified lady I wish her all the best.

Roses is it worth phoning 111 if your breathlessness is getting worse?

Gingster I hope your DD is getting the treatment she needs and is on the road to recovery💐

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

karmalady Sat 23-Mar-24 06:13:09

Good morning from s somerset, cool, wet and dull for most of today

I am happy with the weather this week, I spent a couple of hours getting the nematodes in, with accurate dosing and mixing. They need wet soil for several days and I am expecting the correct conditions for several days

There is a lot of exercise involved in gardening, all that carrying and moving. I am glad to be back into it and roll on to me getting an allotment. I have resigned myself to waiting patiently. It was a lovely day for outside work so I grab those times when available

Definitely inside stuff today, I did about an hour of sewing yesterday, made a cover for my juicer, from a lovely remnant of fine cotton with spring colours. Back to a bit of zen sewing today and I will carry on knitting pyjamas for my mouche bear. I don`t see dust so it does not get priority but I might go on a dust hunt later

Have a good day

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 23-Mar-24 06:40:24

Morning all from West Oxfordshire,
I have to do some dusting today - I just couldn’t fit it in yesterday with ironing, laundry, shopping, moving money around and finally baking a batch of lemon ice cream and cooking dinner. OH has a bee 🐝 meeting this afternoon so I’ll take the opportunity to catch up on the two V&A lectures which I should have watched last week.
I hope Urms in safely back home.

Ashcombe Sat 23-Mar-24 06:42:03

Good morning from a beautiful start to the day in Torbay with clear skies and the odd pink tinged clouds but chilly!

I was at our theatre last night for a folk music evening but my DS texted with the news of the Princess of Wales. What a courageous person she is and so composed as she delivered a difficult message.

I agree with Susan56 that you should seek advice about your breathlessness, RosesandLilac, just for peace of mind.

I'm sure you’ll enjoy your DGD1’s performance, grandMattie and the church folk will enjoy your cakes!

Have a good weekend, everyone! Safe journeys to those who are, or have been, travelling.. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

GrannyGravy13 Sat 23-Mar-24 06:42:27

Morning all the sun is shining and the sky is blue here in S E Essex.

Today I shall be sorting out bits and bobs, have a good day folks 🙋‍♀️

Pantglas2 Sat 23-Mar-24 06:48:52

Good morning all from a dry but colder North Wales where I’m enjoying my second chamberpot of Yorkshire Gold 😋 before trotting off to fetch my paper - love my solitary walk listening to birdsong and looking out for wildlife scurrying away when they see me 🤫

Such sad news from KP yesterday and it does bring it home that illness comes to most families 💐 to all on this thread with their own worries x

I shall pop in later to see what mischief you’re all up to….

RosesandLilac Sat 23-Mar-24 06:51:57

Thank you Susan56 and Ashcombe for your kind words, I have severe heart failure and have been waiting for 15 months for a consultant review- I have an appointment for a telephone consultation mid April.
I greatly suspect that there’s little that can be done, I’m 5 years down the line from getting viral myocarditis that wiped out my left ventricle 🤷🏼‍♀️At my last review I was pretty much told that it would progress and that I need to pace myself but it’s hard when not doing that much knocks you out!
Thank you again xx

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-Mar-24 06:53:20

Good morning from a beautiful sunny morning, but forecast rain.

Yesterday I drove my sister to East Grinstead to see her oncologist and have more cancer removed which had spread from the original site. She now has to have further scans and then see another oncologist to discuss further treatment. It is such a huge thing to get ones head around when you are facing such a ferocious foe, particularly when you hoped the first lot of treatment had been entirely successful. Still, the whole family is there for her.

I went to get a couple of sandwiches from “The Spitfire” restaurant and I’m sure it was in the original building. It had Crittal windows and was a 30s architecture low lying single storey. I wondered what it had seen in its lifetime. All those poor men.

Today is a day of emotional rest as it were, and I shall pot up my dahlias, I also have lilies, galtonias and gladioli to plant.

Easy supper - prawn stirfry with black bean sauce.

Enjoy your day all

Peace and harmony to the world.

cornergran Sat 23-Mar-24 06:58:54

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright start to our corner of Somerset, rain forecast to arrive very soon.

We have doors! So pleased. A bit disappointed in myself in the afternoon as I needed to sit for most of Tai Chi. Mr C on the other hand didn’t (never does), smug? Would he be? Indeed. The feedback on my MRI experience brought initial responses from both PALS and the service provider. Both seem to be taking it seriously.

Some financial juggling this morning, a short trip out and not much more today.

Have the best day you can everyone.

brook2704 Sat 23-Mar-24 07:03:57

Good morning everyone from Basel in Switzerland where we arrived safely yesterday afternoon.
Enjoy watching your DGD this evening gMattie I’m sure you must all be very proud of her
It was quite warm here yesterday about 20 and we sat enjoying a drink in the sunshine by the river Rhine. Today we’re all travelling to Saas Fee in the mountains and staying there a few days. DS and his partner are keen skiers so they’ll be enjoying their skiing and we’ll be watching and soaking up the atmosphere.
I’ve just seen the news about Kate, such a brave lady and wishing her all the very best
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Bellasnana Sat 23-Mar-24 07:07:30

Good morning from Malta where we have another sunny day with a high of 20°C.

Was disappointed the tennis in Miami was rained off yesterday as I’d planned to watch, then came the shocking announcement from the Princess of Wales which moved me to tears. She’s just a few days older than DD1. 😞

WWM, I’m so very sorry to hear of your sister’s ongoing battle with cancer. Having been in a similar situation with both my sisters I can really empathise. 💐

No particular plans today other than the usual catching up with laundry etc. I shall be babysitting the boys tonight as their parents are having a night out for DD3’s birthday which was yesterday.

Wishing a good day to you all.☀️

Grammaretto Sat 23-Mar-24 07:13:42

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Cold here. Yesterday we had it all: snow, hail and a little sun.

My helpers left for their next host and my df who joins me most Fridays appeared with part of a meal and a bottle of wine.
I lit the fire and steamed some vegetables. We had a pleasant evening.

I'm now swithering whether or not to drive to an all day church meeting near Falkirk. I could watch on zoom.

I have a cake to make first for the community café and pick flowers for the tables.

Sorry that so many here have health woes and worries.
Thinking of you and sending healing vibes.

Mizuna Sat 23-Mar-24 07:13:54

Good morning from a bright, breezy Cornwall. A friend and I sat on a café terrace overlooking the harbour yesterday and watched yachts being moved. The wind was icy but she is outdoorsy like me and we had a lovely refreshing time. I reduced a double duvet to a single one in the morning by much cutting and sewing. Still chasing duckdown filling around my flat even though I thought I'd caught most of it.

Today I may get a visit from the smallest grandchildren. If not I'll go on a jaunt somewhere.

Sar53 Sat 23-Mar-24 07:17:10

Good morning from a lovely bright and sunny Essex coast.
DH is off to London later to see the Saracens v Harlequins rugby match. I shall take the opportunity to do a little retail therapy.
We have booked a couple of nights away over Easter in Winchelsea. DD2 and family have a small holiday home there which we have not visited before, so a spur of the moment decision to go.
Have a great time in Switzerland, Brook. Enjoy the weekend everyone xx

Grandmabatty Sat 23-Mar-24 07:21:49

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 4° and chilly. It's been wet and more rain is forecast.
Brook that sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy your trip to the mountains. Corner I'm glad your doors are sorted. Whitewave my best wishes to your sister. Susan have a lovely time looking for the Easter Bunny. 😂
Yesterday dd and dgs2 popped in for a couple of hours. It was lovely to see them both. Afterwards I went to Aldi and did a food shop. It wiped me out so I had a nap. The virus I had has left me a bit lacking in energy generally. Later dd took dgs1 to the opticians where it was discovered he needs glasses for reading. He's delighted!
Today I'm meeting a friend for breakfast at my local garden centre. I'm looking forward to it as we have catching up to do. It's a year since my best friend died and today will be a retrospective one. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. I will message her partner later.
Fish pie for dinner. I made a huge one yesterday and had some last night and frozen some. The rest tonight. I wish you all a good day.

baubles Sat 23-Mar-24 07:27:02

Good morning from South Lanarkshire where the sun is peeping through a watery sky.

I got caught in an icy squall yesterday on my ten minute walk to DGD’s school, by the time I got there the sun was shining from a blue sky.

DH and I have an afternoon tea booking in town, not the date I would have chosen but the voucher was a gift and today was the last day it could be used.

Wishing everyone the best possible day especially those coping with illness.

monk08 Sat 23-Mar-24 07:27:14

Good morning all from the Black country where the sun is breaking through.
Video call from DS yesterday with the boys smiling in the background both had won 1st prize in their classes for their Easter bonnets.
Meeting friends later.
It's that time again usual full English calling, will come back later to catch up with everybody's happenings.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️

Jaxjacky Sat 23-Mar-24 07:27:41

Morning Mick and all, we have 🌞 at last, colder with it. I’m sorry to hear the news about your sister WW.
Yesterday Tesco delivered everything ordered, I had another practice drive in my car and had a long chat with my sister.
Today is newspaper, a visit to lend some garden tools to my son, then football.
🦩🦩

Bonnybanko Sat 23-Mar-24 07:31:33

Good morning all from a bright lit sky here on the east coast of Fife I heard the wind again last night and I heard the dawn chorus this morning, and like you Michael I met an old acquaintance and others while shopping in Sainsburys yesterday.

Today I’m going to have loads and loads of happy hugs from my DD my SIL and 2 growing GS’s it’s going to be a fun fun fun day, I’m so happy thinking about it.😘😘
have a good day my friends be happy for me x

Georgesgran Sat 23-Mar-24 07:36:16

Good morning from Durham. Another bright, sunny start, but it’s very windy and cold.
Not a good night’s sleep at all, so I’ll have TIB and not rush to get up and about.
Catherine’s announcement last night shook me - so calm and bravely spoken - as others say, our own DDs are about the same age. I wish her well and that she gets her treatment and is left alone and not hounded by the press.
No plans today, so definitely a bit of pottering about in the garden and shed, unless my DDs have a better plan.
Have a good weekend.
Best wishes to all. X

Kalu Sat 23-Mar-24 07:37:15

Good morning from Glasgow. The heavy rain and sleet we had yesterday continued into this morning but has just stopped and the sun is shining, for the moment, as the forecast is bleak.

DD1 and SiL popped in for a couple of hours late morning yesterday along with Millie dog who is 1yr old today but still acting like an adorable puppy. It was lovely to hear a dog padding around the house again and of course her owners are always welcome. DD messaged me later to tell me the sad news of the PoW. Heartbreaking news for this young woman and her family. Chemo is brutal but hopefully her treatment eliminates any remaining cancer cells.

DDs asked if I had watched One Day, I haven’t but both girls told me they knew the writer, Nicole Taylor from school and have urged me to watch the series which they both enjoyed. This may be tonight’s viewing.

Best wishes to all for a good weekend, more so to those continually struggling on through worries and ill health.

Kalu Sat 23-Mar-24 07:43:12

WW I am so sorry to hear this news of your sister. And also sorry to hear your health updated news too Roses.