Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Monday 1st April 2024

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 01-Apr-24 05:27:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its raining at the moment here in brackley .
Nothing planned for the day due to to the weather making it impossible to visit graves and do some work on them .
I will have a mid morning coffee and spend the day watching TV with cycling on this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

RosiesMaw Mon 01-Apr-24 05:36:03

Good morning Mick and all to come.
I cannot explain why putting the clocks forward should result in my waking up earlier than usual! Especially when I realise that in “real time” it is only 4.30. confused
I have no real plans for today - very tired after yesterday - and possibly way too much to eat and drink - think I need a day of pottering and regrouping.
Wishing you all a pleasant day and new month 🌼 🌼

Ashcombe Mon 01-Apr-24 05:55:10

Good morning from a chilly but dry Torbay.

I'm rather disorientated by the time change, too, RosiesMaw. (It doesn’t take much, in my case!)

The combined service at 10.00 a.m.yesterday was well attended, with the pleasing sight of families being reunited for Easter. At the end, our priest gave out a crème egg to each member of the congregation.

A dry day is forecast so I shall probably have a walk later. I hope it's a good day, whatever you have planned. 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Bellasnana Mon 01-Apr-24 06:35:46

White rabbits!🐇🐇 and good morning from Malta where it is hazy and going to reach 30°C today.🥵

No big plans today other than a small shop for milk etc, babysitting this afternoon, and hope to meet my Canadian relatives to say au revoir as they leave early tomorrow. They are currently living in Ireland for a few years so I hope to be able to visit them.

Wishing you all a good day ☀️

karmalady Mon 01-Apr-24 06:55:16

Good morning from s somerset, wet interludes will be arriving here today

The sooner I get myself back in order the better and today I will be taking an aerobic walk up that hill. I have been inactive for six long days, getting my mouth sutures out tomorrow will help normality come back.

I am hoping that I can get into the mood to at least cut out a kaftan to make for the hot summer days, it struck me that it could actually be hot next month, right now I am still in cosy winter layers

Have a good day

RosesandLilac Mon 01-Apr-24 06:57:11

Good morning everyone, chilly and a dull start to April here in south Glos.
I managed to almost finish sorting out the borders in the back garden yesterday, overdid it but I’m pleased it’s done. DH is reseeding the lawn so I will have to keep off it for several weeks.
Off for lunch with his sister and BIL which will be nice.
Hope today goes well for you all 🌹

grandMattie Mon 01-Apr-24 07:01:05

Good morning from Athens. It is nearly 9 am and I have just woken up! Unheard of. The sun is shining and goodness knows what we are doing today other than pottering.
The apartment is very fancy, 6 floors up and has a side view of the acropolis, lit up at night.
Haven’t read any posts yet but I’d like to wish everyone a good day. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

NannyJan53 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:12:46

Good morning from a rainy (again?) Black Country. Although we avoided rain yesterday.

Had Mum over for dinner yesterday. Gave her a lovely Lindt Easter Egg. As we were leaving I said ,'don't forget your egg'. She said...'oh is that for me'. Short term memory now is shot to pieces!

No plans today, doubt I will go on my Monday walk as it's raining, and our gym closed down last week.

Going to make chicken and veg soup shortly, then probably more sorting out of wardrobes. Already have a large bag of clothes for charity shop.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

Grandmabatty Mon 01-Apr-24 07:13:11

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 6° and dull. GrandMattie that sounds very posh indeed. Bellasnana that is warm. No chance of Scotland hitting 30° for quite a while.
Yesterday we had a lovely family lunch with lots of chat. The boys behaved well and ate quite a bit. Later I visited mum who is not good.
Today I'm looking after the boys for a while. Dd and Dsil are heading to Livingston to buy last minute holiday things and then go for lunch. They're all off to Tenerife on Wednesday. I shall miss them but have a couple of things planned. Have a good day all.

cornergran Mon 01-Apr-24 07:13:20

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset is dry after overnight rain, showers due later.

It was a quiet one yesterday, both very tired. Nothing major planned today, some pottering. I should be sorting the garden, need more energy and less pain for that. Must buck up as we’re off over the bridge tomorrow. Our friend needs some support as she is very down at the moment. A grave to tend on the way.

Hope Monday is kind to us all.

cornergran Mon 01-Apr-24 07:15:32

That sounds wonderful grandmattie. Enjoy.

BigBertha1 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:16:24

Good morning from a rainy Melton Mowbray..looks like golf is off what with the rain and a night of sciatica and sore thr poo at. Garden centre browse I think today. Best wishes to all for a restful day.

kittylester Mon 01-Apr-24 07:16:29

Good morning all from a soggy North Leicestershire.

Had a lovely day with Dd2 and co yesterday and today most of the Lesters will all be having tea at DD1's house - 19 in all.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Mizuna Mon 01-Apr-24 07:20:02

Wow, a view of the Acropolis, how wonderful gM! Good morning from a damp but bright Cornwall where the air feels fresh. Spent yesterday sorting my patio and failing to identify some large rogue plants that have seeded into my tubs from the wood above. I also renovated a pair of black M&S slip-on canvas shoes which have seen better days. I painted the bottom edges red with an added pattern on top. They'll do for a few more months.

Today I'm at my friend's house for lunch. I always enjoy chatting to her husband about DIY.

Pittcity Mon 01-Apr-24 07:20:06

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's rained overnight but we're forecast 14° with sunshine. A bit of rain may arrive later.
I have fishing laundry to wash and, hopefully, line dry.
We also need a big shop as we have 2 DGSs staying from tomorrow for a couple of days. 4 men plus me equals a lot of food.
Love to all 🦩 x

baubles Mon 01-Apr-24 07:30:13

Good morning from soggy South Lanarkshire.

I’m envious gMattie, Athens is one of my favourite places. Hope you enjoy it.

Nothing on the agenda today, I may attempt a little sitting down ironing.

DD sent a video of her just turned five year old having a ball on his first outing on the nursery slopes, the rest of them are seasoned skiers but she wasn’t sure if the littlest would take to it. I hope he’s as keen today.

DS is taking his eldest wild camping today, they will stay overnight somewhere not far from home and have fun together. Rather them than me though.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

grandMattie Mon 01-Apr-24 07:31:53

The acropolis, with an unlovely view of the street…
Fancied making everyone jealous! 😂

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:34:56

Pinch punch everyone 🐇🐇🐇

Good morning from a very sunny and bright Oxfordshire, let’s hope it lasts.

Nothing much happening today, dog walking, shopping delivery later then a cooking marathon to restock the freezer.

Your apartment sounds great GM have a lovely few days.

Have a good Easter Monday everyone, thoughts are with those who are unwell and those caring for others.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:36:12

You won’t be bored with that view GM

Greyduster Mon 01-Apr-24 07:40:57

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a very grey, wet South Yorkshire. It’s in for the day, so no chance of getting out for a walk. DD and the menfolk came over for lunch yesterday which was very enjoyable. We spent the evening playing cards which was fun. DS phoned about eight for a chat. As I can’t get out today I will bake, and clear the walk in airing cupboard as GS is coming to give it a lick of paint tomorrow.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:44:14

Good morning from a gloriously sunny South Downs. Spring is beginning to win the battle, and it is feeling different out. The bottom layer of leaves are out now snd some trees are beginning to show their lovely spring green leaves. The horse chestnut is one of the earliest, with our oaks being the most tardiest. But I suspect that the horse chestnuts are in Mediterranean mode (the romans brought them over) and our oaks are in northern hemisphere mode. Still, they are all so welcome.

More ornamental grass moving today - after housework - also digging up and potting up the perennials that will be replanted once the ground is clear and replenished.

Pan fried mackeral today with a beetroot and apple salad. Something light after yesterdays excesses.

Enjoy the day all

Peace and harmony to the world.

GrannyIvy Mon 01-Apr-24 07:45:45

Good morning from dry cloudy Cambridgeshire but the weather looks fairly promising. We have a quiet day planned with maybe a walk late morning and watching tv and reading our books this afternoon. It was a busy day yesterday with the family here, a really lovely day doing lots of Easter bits and bobs with GC and lots of laughs. Days like that are very precious

Have a great Easter Monday to all💐🐣

brook2704 Mon 01-Apr-24 07:47:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s a grey and cloudy start to the day and quite cool at about 4°
How exciting to be in Athens gMattie I hope you enjoy exploring today
We’ve got one more week NannyJan before our gym closes so I’ll be making most the of it this week whilst I can!
Sounds like the family are having lots of fun baubles and hope you feel a bit better soon
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 01-Apr-24 07:47:58

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.
Younger son, elder son and his family are still here. Not sure what’s happening today. Younger son is back to work tomorrow so will go back to London.
It is lovely spending time with my granddaughter. Unbelievably she is 8 next month!
Have a good day.

GrannyIvy Mon 01-Apr-24 07:48:11

Changing the clocks whatever way they go always makes me feel discombobulated for a couple of days🤷‍♀️ my dear mum was the same😂😂