Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen, a place of refuge, reflection and revelry.

(466 Posts)
GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Aug-26 10:09:55

Popped in to see if we had a new ā€˜kitchen’ couldn’t find one so have opened this.

Hope all is well, will catch up next week šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø

Redcar Thu 08-Oct-26 20:00:56

Hello everyone. A lovely sunny day here, but with a chilly wind. The heating came on this morning for the first time since April. I put socks and proper shoes on to go out this morning - felt quite restrictive!
I had my Covid jab this morning, the other arm from the one that had the flu jab on Monday. The pharmacist had a look at the sore arm and said it looked inflamed but didn’t offer any treatment. I guess it will eventually get better on its own.
I defrosted the freezer in the garage and sorted out some very out of date food.

fgt some positive news about one of your stepfather’s eyes, and I hope the other eye can also be treated.

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 08-Oct-26 22:30:11

Hello kitchen people.

I’m snuggled in bed wearing a winter nightdress! No heating on yet although OH is champing at the bit.

We had lunch out today. OH announced at breakfast that it would be nice if we went out for lunch. So I booked a table at one of our favourite places. We had a delicious lunch and got home in time for me to watch a live thing from the V&A. Grace Coddington being interviewed by Anna WIntour, it was excellent,

I did a couple of hours quilting. I can’t do more in one go as my hands start to seize up and my eyes clap out.

Dinner for me was a bowl of Special K as I was still full from lunch.

Sleep šŸ’¤ tight.

Charleygirl5 Thu 08-Oct-26 22:34:06

Redcar at present dry Macular cant be treated. I was on a 5 year trial so hopefully my small contribtion will help. One he gets an injection in his other eye, it will not improve but it will be a much sloweer process and if he is lucky will not get any worse. It is the only time I am pleased =to be 83 and not 38.

Last Jume I was driving, now I can see the bus but have no idea where it is going.

My heating was on yesterday evening and off and on all day today.

I can't have my flu jabs yet as I have a possible UTI. I don't want one arm injected with both because if there is a problem, I would like to differentiate. I haven't decided which to have first.

I am hoping everybody is recovering, especially Jax You have had an awful year.

I had new (expensive) locks fitted to my rear doors, I live in Fort Knox. Just my stairlift to be serviced then I may retire to bed until Easter. Another month of handing out money.

Nannytopsy Thu 08-Oct-26 22:41:51

I hope your stepfather can be successfully treated FGT. My mum had the injections for WMD for some years.
We are not so far from Redcar and I wore socks and shoes today too. A big shop this morning and then a spell in the garden this afternoon. I should be gardening tomorrow but it may rain.
We are on the school run tomorrow - need to be at DS’s house by 7.20 😳. Perhaps I should be in bed

brook2704 Thu 08-Oct-26 22:46:49

Hoping your feeling a bit better tomorrow charley and you can go ahead with your flu jabs soon
I’ve also enjoyed a lovely lunch out today llfl with one of my closest friends. We arrived at a country pub restaurant just before 1pm, settled into a quiet corner and didn’t leave until almost 4. Although I see her most days at the gym or dancing we never run out of things to talk about!
I didn’t want anything to eat this evening so DH made himself egg, bacon and chips which he thoroughly enjoyed.
Watched the traitors earlier and can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode now
Hoping everyone can get a good nights sleep tonight, take care all

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-26 12:06:34

Ta da well over nine hours sleep with one brief toilet visit, what a difference it makes. I was at my dentist yesterday whete the dry socket was repacked, got the green light for a glass of wine and my vape, no charge either! Diet slowly improving, I’m the lightest I’ve been for a long time, I’ll enjoy carefully putting some back on, probably next week.
Sorry I’ve been rather distant, poor MrJ deserves yet another medal, breathing air with a grumpy tired woman.
Have a good day all x

Grandmabatty Fri 09-Oct-26 14:29:13

I'm very glad you slept well and feel better Jaxjacky.
I've been to the chiropodist and done a couple of washes. The low carb diet is working because I'm starving! I'm obviously not, but I feel hungry. Shortly I will remake my bed and then make spiced red cabbage for Christmas. Dinner will be salmon on a bed of mashed sweet potato, roast tomatoes, spinach and some red cabbage.

BlueSapphire Fri 09-Oct-26 15:00:10

Just letting people know that Bellasnana is fine; she is just taking a break.

Jaxjacky Fri 09-Oct-26 15:01:38

Thanks BlueSapphire she will be missed, I look forward to her return.

cornergran Fri 09-Oct-26 17:24:53

You do sound so much better jax. Good news.

We were flu jabbed on Wednesday, no reaction at all. Covid jab next week as I much prefer them separately.

Good to know bellasnana is fine We’ll be here when the time is right for you to be back bellasnana. Look after yourself.

Get better soon charley. UTIs are more than unpleasant.

It’s been an ironing afternoon here. The autumn clothes swap around is in full flow, we’ve not got the wardrobe space for clothes for all seasons so ironing post storage it is.

Mr C headed off for a nap over an hour ago. I’ll not wake him as nothing stops him sleeping at night. We hope to be out wandering tomorrow after Mr C’s morning hearing aid appointment, no nap time then smile

Hope you all have a decent weekend. Take care.

Redcar Fri 09-Oct-26 19:24:37

I’m pleased you’re feeling better jaxjacky and even more pleased that you are able to vary your diet again! Enjoy your glass of wine this evening!

Good to have news of bellasnana, I hope she’ll soon feel able to join us again.

I had my Covid jab yesterday, no reaction at the time but I woke up this morning with a stiff and aching arm and feeling a bit groggy. I felt very tired this afternoon but am better now. Several friends have reported feeling very tired after the Covid jab.
I had an urgent dental appointment this morning, to put a temporary dressing on a broken tooth. Apparently a crown is needed so my next check up has been brought forward for my own dentist to do the preparation. Oh Joy!!

cornergran I hope you get your day out ā€œwanderingā€ tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone.

brook2704 Fri 09-Oct-26 21:47:10

Thank you for letting us know about Bellas, BlueSapphire it’s good to hear all is well
So pleased you’re feeling a bit better Jax you very much deserve your wine and vape
I got my flu jag this afternoon, I was just passing the vaccination centre in town, I didn’t have an appointment but they were doing walk ins so it worked out fine. Just a bit of an achey arm this evening
Just finished watching the traitors, it’s a long time to wait until next week!
Hoping everyone sleeps well, take care all x

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 09-Oct-26 22:07:01

I’m just home. The new Spanish restaurant was very nice. I had a lamb, bean & spinach stew. We shared a bottle of wine. Ā£80 between us so not cheap. We’d go again, the place and the staff are lovely, friendly and attentive but it’s just ā€˜one for rotstion’ not our favourite. That said it’s where book clubbers have booked for our Christmas night out.

I’m just about to watch Traitors on catch up. Bit late but I’m keen to know who got murdered. 😁

I’ve just put the washer on for a quick freshen up wash. I want to take the trousers I wore tonight to Northumberland on Sunday morning! Always the way isn’t it?

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Fri 09-Oct-26 22:13:15

Wonderful to hear you sounding so much more upbeat Jax. āœ”ļø

Charleygirl5 Fri 09-Oct-26 22:42:09

Jax slowly your getting there.

I wasn't aware that Bellasnanna was ill. Thanks for the update.

corner a good job I am not in competition with Mr.C re sleeping. I think he would win by a whisker.

I feel 100% so it may be contamination. The urine bottles are actually tubes for blood so a ridiculous size. Thanks brook

No heating on today, only twice.

Why I set my alarm for early am is beyond me. I haven't worked for at least 15 years.
Please look after yourselves.