Good morning from s somerset, sunny and windy today, we had some rain overnight
My garden is still very productive and will be loving the gentle rain, I have mini cabbages, one sprout plant, everbearer strawberries and lots of chard and perpetual spinach. Carrots and parsnips are still safe in the ground. All this from only a few beds all 1 x 1m. It is saving me a fortune and could not be fresher
Having this veg at home made life so much easier during my downtime. I am almost into week 2 and healing is progressing very well, one more week and I will start cycling again
Greyduster I have the same as you, neighbours who care but I also think like you and indeed, what will be will be
I spent a lot of time on changing a much-liked pattern to my new older size. Gone from regular bust to full bust, having realised that I needed to have the tape measure taut on the over bust measurement, which changed my bust cup on several makes of pattern. This pattern was Helens closet, the Ashton top with the sleeve extension. I bought it a very long time ago and obviously body size changes over time. I have made lots of these tops over time and have at least 4 in my wardrobe at the moment, I will give them away
My finished dress is lovely, the fabric is a huge upgrade and is a relative pricey linen/soya blend, the long sleeves fitted but look better gathered at the wrist, so I did that. There was enough left to make a top which I have started, a hack made from two patterns I combined
I must nip out this morning, I want to buy colour catcher, one of my ordered quilted fabrics has arrived, cheap from Pound fabrics, basically cerise and white and it looks like indian cotton, will be lovely made-up but I suspect the pink would run
More lovely calm sewing today, it still excites me