Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 30th September 2026

(57 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 30-Sept-26 04:56:05

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley .
The usual routine with a bus trip into Bicester to shop and maybe have chat with people I know.
Come back have Lunch and relax this afternoon .
Health OK ,
As to the buses very few users so operators can withdraw services if poor use.
Take Care,
Mick

Borrheid55 Wed 30-Sept-26 11:23:39

Morning all from a dreich Ashford in Kent. We need the rain. As many will know, I read the posts every day but don’t post often . I am somewhat housebound and my world has become very small. I don’t think I have very much of interest to report! But I do look forward to reading Marydoll’s post, we met at school in 1967!
What a lovely picture Marydoll. Happy anniversary to you both ! flowers Where have the years gone? I was in Paisley Mat on that day, had been there for nine weeks and was told that I would be having my baby on Sunday after one final complication had arisen. I had toxaemia, pre-eclampsia and premature labour to deal with and then they suggested I might have placenta previa! Fortunately, all went well and baby arrived healthy if a little groggy from the anaesthetic that I was given.
I hope you enjoy your quiet night with DH.
I look forward to the photo from last day at school! All the plans we had, all the different paths we took.
Hope everyone has a pleasant day. ☔️

Grandmabatty Wed 30-Sept-26 11:24:03

Marydoll what a lovely photo of you both!

Cressy Wed 30-Sept-26 11:36:23

Happy Anniversary to Mr&MrsDoll. Keep going 💐
And to you Madeleine and the rest of the very strong, brave women on this thread who deal with their struggles and challenges so well. I am in awe of you all. X

Redcar Wed 30-Sept-26 12:14:27

Happy anniversary marydoll and your DH. I hope you have a good day and are able to go out tomorrow to celebrate!🥂🥂

TheWeirdoAgain60 Wed 30-Sept-26 12:54:13

Good afternoon, Michael12 and everyone!

karmalady, the garment is a beauty!

Thankfully, I've not seen that awful ''date'' creep that came into the shop a few days ago, so hopefully he's moved on to somewhere else!

The monster migraine I have now started just after 10:30 yesterday morning, making me feel sick and ''swimy''. Took a couple of Paracetamol here at work with milk, but they made no difference. Another 2 about 6 pm with tea, and still not easing! Drinking water is supposed to help, but I guzzle about 2 litres every 24 hours as it is!

It started at the top of my head, then over the hours, in bed, it did an avalanche down my face, then both sides of my head, next to the right eye, then into the left neck.

As I was lying in bed about 10:30 pm on my right side, my brain felt as if it had splodged onto the right side of my skull, like grabbing a jelly and wobbling it to the right!

I took another 2 Paracetamol, washed down with a can of Coke. Woke up about 2 am to refill my water/orange juice bottle at the kitchen sink, and I was all over the place; I didn't really know what I was doing, as everything- waking up, switching the bedside light on, getting out of bed, walking to the kitchen, switching on the light, refilling, then reversing everything- it all seemed in slow motion!

Arrived at work this morning at 7:30, and my brain is still frazzled! It will eventually go; I've had tons of migraines over the years!

When I moved here to Whitby from Appleby in January, just before I left, I went into the Appleby Brysons Bakery and bought a 70CL bottle of Wicstun Distillery Toffee Cream Liqueur. £29.50.

Four days ago, I opened it for the first time, and oh my cod, it's GORGEOUS! A nice glass at home, snuggled on the settee, wrapped in a cosy throw, while reading a book, with my 2 RoboPets next to me!

I'm going to have to shoot; my entire head and brain are pounding!

See you later!

brook2704 Wed 30-Sept-26 13:42:24

A very Happy Anniversary to you both Marydoll ❤️💐🥂