Gransnet forums

Chat

Beards... disgusting

(184 Posts)
Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 18:57:56

Just watching the news on TV and a hideous beard appeared. What is it about this latest trend?

I seriously can'too stand looking at them and I ALWAYS end up sitting on the opposite table in a restaurant to one, ughh i see soup dripped upon this ugly mound of hair, I see spaghetti caught up on the bristles as its been sucked up, ohhh my life there is absolutely ziltch attractive about them.

Get this, last christmas I even saw a chap decorating his beard with miniature baubles.... no need for words as my expression said it all hahaha.

Yes, each to their own, Im all for each to their own BUT beards are excluded hahahahaha.

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 19:02:20

Ohhhh and I forgot to mention the THOUGHT of ? all that hairy mess...
Ohhhhhhhhhh pleeeeeeaze, perish the thought !!!!

Sparklefizz Thu 18-Aug-22 19:04:10

Yuk! I hate beards too, and think they're very unhygienic. I especially hate the untamed beards that resemble pubic hair. Yikes!

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 19:15:40

Sparklefizz

Yuk! I hate beards too, and think they're very unhygienic. I especially hate the untamed beards that resemble pubic hair. Yikes!

Hear, hear.....

I could be sick just thinking about it.

Ailidh Thu 18-Aug-22 19:17:12

Oo, I don't mind a beard. They certainly tickle your fancy.....

(Pauses to check "fancy" hasn't autocorrected to something else)

VioletSky Thu 18-Aug-22 19:26:05

My eldest son has sprouted a beard, it took a bit of getting used too as I don't like change but it suits him...

I don't really worry about other people's appearance that much, as long as they are happy

Baggytrazzas Thu 18-Aug-22 19:27:53

Serendipity22

Just watching the news on TV and a hideous beard appeared. What is it about this latest trend?

I seriously can'too stand looking at them and I ALWAYS end up sitting on the opposite table in a restaurant to one, ughh i see soup dripped upon this ugly mound of hair, I see spaghetti caught up on the bristles as its been sucked up, ohhh my life there is absolutely ziltch attractive about them.

Get this, last christmas I even saw a chap decorating his beard with miniature baubles.... no need for words as my expression said it all hahaha.

Yes, each to their own, Im all for each to their own BUT beards are excluded hahahahaha.

was it just a beard or was it attached to a person?

Personally, seeing an adult sucking up spaghetti in a restaurant would offend me more than a beard.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 18-Aug-22 19:30:48

I hate beards too. Horrid things. Especially long ones. Ghastly.

JackyB Thu 18-Aug-22 19:33:40

My mother really hated them too. Two of my boys have them - I don't judge.

DiL sent me a cute video of DS tickling their two-year-old's feet with his beard. Not sure what else it's good for though.

Yammy Thu 18-Aug-22 19:34:43

I don't mind them both SIL have had them at times and relations who were in the Navy often came home with them and were persuaded to shave them off.
I wonder how George the fifth kept mock turtle soup out of his?

MrsKen33 Thu 18-Aug-22 19:35:49

MDH, his father and now my son, have beards. All well groomed. I’m used to them and quite like them.

MrsKen33 Thu 18-Aug-22 19:39:39

my DH

M0nica Thu 18-Aug-22 19:41:05

Well, I love beards, always have always will. DH and DS are offshore engineers and archaeologists respectively and you simply cant be taken seriously in either profession without a beard.

As for all this stuff about food in beards, not in this family, and in fact I have seen very few beards with food in. Why is worse than food alround the mouth or dribbling down people's shirt fronts?

DS grew his beard because he has a sensitive skin and no matter what emollients he tried, after shaving his face was be red and itchy for hours, so, not unreasonably he decided against it.

I think you are in the minority Serendipity. You rarely see a bearded man without a partner. Who wants a partner who gives your face a wirebrushing everytime he gets intimate. Like DS I have sensitive skin and I certainly dont want to have my face constantly itchy and sore.

BlueBelle Thu 18-Aug-22 19:45:35

My last partner had one I don’t mind them it suited him anyway one day I encouraged him to shave it off but I never could get used to his face without it so he regrow it My eldest grandson has a nice neat little beard very well groomed and
I ve never seen any food near it hes clean as a new pin

AreWeThereYet Thu 18-Aug-22 19:47:42

MrA grows a beard most Winters to keep his face warm. Usually it's quite close cropped but when he doesn't bother to trim it it gets quite bushy and he looks like Father Christmas when he has his glasses on. Not that he lets it get long though. He suffers a bit shaving so really enjoys not having to do it.

denbylover Thu 18-Aug-22 19:49:34

Some really men suit them, James Middleton comes to mind.

MerylStreep Thu 18-Aug-22 19:53:39

I love them, always have.
I always see it as rather childish when a grown woman uses the word disgusting about something as innocuous as a beard.

Casdon Thu 18-Aug-22 19:53:41

I’m not keen, I like stubble on say, David Beckham, but a full blown Uncle Albert beard no, not on anybody.

pinkprincess Thu 18-Aug-22 19:58:19

There seems to be a fashion amongst male soap opera actors to grow beards just now.
Some of them look gastly, e.g. Kevin Webster of Corrie.

kittylester Thu 18-Aug-22 19:59:18

DH has beautifully kept beard and has for most of our married life.

HowVeryDareYou Thu 18-Aug-22 20:01:03

Beards hideous? I can think of worse things than a bit of facial hair. My eldest son has got a beard, keeps it neat and clean (never once seen food in it). He's meticulous about his appearance, and uses lots of products on his skin, hair and beard.

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:06:39

Ailidh

Oo, I don't mind a beard. They certainly tickle your fancy.....

(Pauses to check "fancy" hasn't autocorrected to something else)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Grandma70s Thu 18-Aug-22 20:12:31

Horrible. I always think men with beards are trying to hide some ugly feature, or have an insecure personality.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:12:42

Our 4 sons go between clean shaven, goatees and full on beards, their choice.

They look handsome whatever their facial hair.

I am partial to a nicely trimmed beard.

Jaxjacky Thu 18-Aug-22 20:13:07

MrJ has a lovely tidy beard, love him, love his beard.