Gransnet forums

Christmas

Fir wreath or one made of baubles?

(29 Posts)
minimo Thu 30-Nov-17 11:55:49

I usually go the natural traditional route but am thinking a bauble version might look quite good for a change. Have you put your wreath up yet? What are you going for?

ninathenana Fri 01-Dec-17 17:12:39

H staples ours to the wooden front door. No good if you've got UPVC though.
I read an idea the other day. If you tie two wreaths together with ribbon and loop the ribbon over the top of the door they will hold each other in place, one inside and one out.

Lazigirl Sat 02-Dec-17 09:35:45

I love the sprout wreath. Add a few carrots and parsnips and you can keep them fresh on front door, taking off what you need for Christmas dinner? Saves fridge room.

Witzend Sat 02-Dec-17 10:04:22

I usually buy a pine one with a few bits added, take off anything a bit tacky and add my own, plus a big red ribbon.

Have never made one. Do always make a table decoration though (it goes on the hall table) with various bits from the garden, and a candle, stuck into oasis, in a copper bowl.
I'm not at all artistic generally speaking, but as long as I stick enough different greenery in it always looks very nice!

Every year I do it, put it on the hall table and wait for Dh to a) notice, and b) say something - he never does, but then he never really notices anything much anyway. Have always said I could go out topless with my nipples painted green and he wouldn't notice - that might be a slight exaggeration, though. ;-)