Gransnet forums

Christmas

Approaching Christmas morning with trepidation!

(102 Posts)
phoenix Sat 16-Dec-17 17:55:35

Evening all, hope you are well, and sending every good wish to all.

Well, Mr P has finally opened his own Amazon account, I think my irate response to being told that an air purifier that I had (not) ordered, was on it's way (In fairness to him, I had told him that I had been diagnosed with COPD, and he has a bit of a knee jerk reaction.) has finally made him stop using mine! )

But now the worry starts. He has proudly declared that he has bought "all" of my Christmas presents shock

On previous Christmas mornings, I have opened a parcel that by the shape I was pretty certain/hoping that it was some kind of tablet, perhaps a Hudl?

No, it was a digital air compressor, because I had had an unfortunate incident a few months earlier with a flat tyre. confused

On another Christmas morning, I was presented with a beautifully wrapped toilet seat.hmm In all fairness to him, I had been complaining about the seat in the downstairs loo, which had the tendency to try to throw you off sideways like a bucking bronco, or let the lid slam down on your back, so I suppose it did at least show he had been listening! grin

In his defence, some years ago when I was at the height of menopausal hot flushes, he bought me 2 gorgeous chrome sort of retro fans, one for the kitchen, one for the bedroom.

But I'm still a tad apprenhensive..................................!

kitlong Sun 24-Dec-17 06:30:35

I've already posted about the outside lights I had one year from my DH. Not for Christmas but this made me remember what he gave me for my (long ago) 40th Birthday - a hoe, a pair of wellies and a calculator.