Gransnet forums

Christmas

So, before we all forget, share your Christmas tips ready for next year!

(56 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Wed 26-Dec-18 14:21:38

I wrap grandchildrens presents in different coloured wrapping paper (This year one red and t'other blue).
Instantly recognisable to each child (especially helpful with toddlers) and parents.

My DD colour codes her wrapping paper.

This year we also gave our 2 grandsons a couple of board games which I had wrapped one half in red and the other in blue xmas paper, to hopeful reinforce the idea that the games for sharing. ?

BBbevan Wed 26-Dec-18 14:12:48

Start tomorrow ????????

ninathenana Wed 26-Dec-18 14:11:52

The family will shortly be arriving for buffet meal, I have foil trays for the cold cuts sausage roll etc. and paper plates to eat off.
Elegran great minds. Anything that needs taking with us is always left by the front door at any time of year.

Elegran Wed 26-Dec-18 13:52:38

If yu are going to family for Christmas dinner, and promised to bring items with you, put them behind the front door ready to lift, then you won't get there and realise that the box of crackers is still in the wardrobe.

kittylester Wed 26-Dec-18 13:38:52

I use foil dishes too phoenix even though we have a dishwasher otherwise the kitchen has relays of dirty pots that never get washed before you add to them.. I find it useful to use them inside proper roasting tins to keep them more stable.

phoenix Wed 26-Dec-18 13:16:51

Happy Boxmas to all!

May I recommend, especially for those who (like us) don't have a dishwasher, buying a few tin foil trays?

Mr P and I used them for the turkey, roast potatoes, parsnips, extra stuffing and pigs in blankets. Much reduced the amount of washing up, and they can all go into the recycling.

And for those with littlies, from past experience when my own were small:

Have 2 identical pillow cases/sacks/stockings, one for them to leave on the end of the bed, the other ready filled in the wardrobe.

If you want to avoid the risk of them waking up at silly o'clock, and being tired and ratty by mid morning, set your alarm for 6am ( or 5, if you can face it!) and do the big switch then.

This gives you time for a cup of tea in peace, and be fully awake to enjoy watching them open their presents.

(I appreciate that everyone does things differently, we had presents from FC at the end of the bed, presents from family under the tree.)