Gransnet forums

Christmas

Minor kitchen disasters yesterday, anyone?

(30 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 26-Dec-18 14:38:27

I made a vegetarian pie for DD's fiance, complete with a home made mushroom sauce. I was chuffed to bits with my fancy effort, until I noticed when he was eating it, it looked a little dry. I had forgotten to put the feta cheese in it.

This morning I found the pigs in blankets at the back of the fridge. The upside is, DH can have them for dinner tomorrow. grin

phoenix Wed 26-Dec-18 14:34:01

None! Which is an improvement on last year, when a tray of one of the two varieties of stuffing went missing, we never did find it,...................tchconfused

mumofmadboys Wed 26-Dec-18 14:26:44

Found packet of stuffing this morning! We are in a holiday house and Christmas dinner was veggie so veggie stuffing. Also yesterday found fresh rosemary which I forgot to put with the roasties!

EllanVannin Wed 26-Dec-18 13:51:25

Hahahaha waste not want not.

Only the mushy peas boiling all over the top of the cooker. You have to virtually stand over them sometimes.
No real incidents to report.

Witzend Wed 26-Dec-18 13:45:58

While taking them out of the oven, I managed to drop a whole, sizzling hot tray of pigs in blankets all over the floor. I hadn't even had much Buck's Fizz, either.
Luckily the kitchen floor was (reasonably) clean, so a dd and I just retrieved them. It was no use pretending it hadn't happened, since my very loud expletive echoed all round the next door dining room, but luckily I have a very non-fussy family.
Anyone else?