Gransnet forums

Christmas

Lodgepole Xmas trees.

(33 Posts)
Gonegirl Sun 08-Dec-19 10:53:42

Anyone had one?

kittylester Sun 08-Dec-19 18:49:13

We have various other 'trees' about the place which we gave had for years but have always had a real one until about 5 years ago but I hated the artificial one so renting seem the way to go!!

Whitewavemark2 Sun 08-Dec-19 19:46:11

This year I have the wheeze of trying to do everything as natural,as possible and picking and making stuff from the garden.

The wreath is being made from vine stems that climb up the wall and I zip off this time of year. I’m winding them into a wreath shape then using holly, evergreen and ivy from the garden to make a wreath. Also using holly and ivy to decorate the mantelpiece and perhaps the stair rail. Might run out of stamina as it will have to be done on Christmas Eve to last.

Callistemon Sun 08-Dec-19 19:50:26

I've done that many times but - my knees are not up to it this year.

NfkDumpling Sun 08-Dec-19 19:56:30

I’m afraid we have a plastic one. It’s fifteen years old now and still going strong. Hardly any needle drop! When it eventually gives up the ghost I shan’t have one, but decorate an arrangement of branches instead. There’s always a load of evergreen and red dog wood which needs a prune.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 08-Dec-19 19:58:37

We do pruned branches in the conservatory, sort of hang them in the roof hung with baubles and lights. Quite effective.

Callistemon Sun 08-Dec-19 20:18:44

I used to wire the assorted greenery together then hang it in the corners of the room upside down iyswim.

I always like to have holly in vases but I think ours is male (no berries)

Would anyone like some ivy? You're welcome to come and prune it!

Gonegirl Sun 08-Dec-19 20:53:17

Yours sounds lovely Hazel. Excellent reviews. (wishing I'd gone for one now) Never heard of them before.

sendmeachristmastree.co.uk/real-christmas-trees/canaan-fir-christmas-tree/#reviews