Gransnet forums

Christmas

Gransnet Christmas Party 2019

(62 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Dec-19 11:24:56

It's official, the silly season is upon us and we've finally got round to dusting off the baubles and embracing the tinsel. We'll be hosting our annual Christmas party from Christmas Eve till the big day itself and everyone is welcome!

If you've got a busy day planned please feel free to pop in and wish your fellow Gransnetters whenever you can, and if you find yourself on your own for Christmas for whatever reason, bring a (virtual) bottle or plate of mince pies, put on your paper hat, tell us a cheesy snowman joke and join the party!

Thanks to your suggestions from last year, we have a Christmas playlist all ready to go but if any of your favourites are missing please add them to this thread and we can include them.

In the meantime, if you've got any virtual decorations to add to the mix, please do. The gaudier the better obviously. tchgrin

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Dec-19 10:30:54

Love those decorations HillyN! Shall we get a white baby grand for the festivities? Anyone willing to play? Or sing along?

computor Thu 19-Dec-19 17:01:35

we like fairy tale of new york

vickya Sat 21-Dec-19 09:53:40

I love I believe in Christmas too and love trifle, lovebeigecardigan. Please save a big plateful for me as other person here doesn't eat it and individual ones are not good.

mancgirl Sat 21-Dec-19 11:00:48

Oooohh, wondered when the invite was coming! Please can I do the music and dancing again. I think I have provided a successful playlist in past years! Sixties, northern soul, cheesy pop finishing off with a good old sing song of carols. Also love Greg Lake one!. See you all theresmile

Jeanlizzie Sat 21-Dec-19 11:06:30

I love solstice bells by Jethro tull and stop the cavalry by jonah lewie x

Pittcity Sat 21-Dec-19 11:58:37

We've got to have this year's Christmas number one, " I Love Sausage Rolls" and last year's, "We built this city on sausage rolls." Both festive and catchy!

grandtanteJE65 Sat 21-Dec-19 12:50:46

We got the tree up yesterday, a bit of a job, as the stand broke and DH had to make a new one! It's decorated, the cat has had his first Christmas snooze behind it, and is currently driving me mad.

Our son is coming this evening and the cat cannot wait to see him, so is making a blinking pest of himself wandering around meowing!

Mollygo Sat 21-Dec-19 15:09:49

Tree up, hen picture hung (don’t ask), lights twinkling everywhere and Christmas music plinky plonking from various decorations activated by enthusiastic GC.
Make up beds, finish vacuuming, oh and wrap the last few presents. Feeling festive!???

computor Sat 21-Dec-19 15:44:41

Merry Christmas everyone

oldgaijin Sat 21-Dec-19 18:46:45

I'll don my kilt and do a Highland Fling.

Merryweather Sat 21-Dec-19 20:04:35

Baby has dropped down in to my pelvis and I can barely move, on the plus side there's more room for stolen and ice topped mince pies ?
Merry Christmas all. ???

narrowboatnan Sat 21-Dec-19 23:19:31

I've just opened a Christmas card and a load of rice fell out. Must be from Uncle Ben. Boom! Boom!

Pittcity Tue 24-Dec-19 08:35:11

Has anyone got any Rennie's in their handbag? I think I might have overdone it already!

Paul270656 Tue 24-Dec-19 10:49:47

Merry christmas one and all and Chris Rea has been given a SatNav for Xmas only problem was directions are in Chinese so he can't find his way home!

Jules59 Tue 24-Dec-19 11:47:52

Happy Christmas to all you Gransnetters. Your posts are wonderful and always make me chuckle ?!
I wish everyone a peaceful New Year too xxooxx tchsmilewine

Nona4ever Tue 24-Dec-19 11:50:13

Help! I thought I was good at anagrams but just can’t figure out the ‘elf conga’ one. Anyone know?

Pittcity Tue 24-Dec-19 11:54:05

Nona4ever... it's a parody of the "A horse goes into a bar and the landlord says,'why the long face'?"

Skweek1 Tue 24-Dec-19 12:25:50

Enjoy my virtual luxury mince pies and mulled wine everone - love your decorations, HillyN and perhaps some kind knitter would like to supply a new Christmas jumper. Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone and enjoy our party with all your favourite songs!

DanniRae Tue 24-Dec-19 14:11:00

Happy Christmas and a Great 2020 to EVERYONE!! tchgrin

Wishing you all a wonderful time at the PARTY - See you there. Won't be able to bring the promised mince pies as had them cooling on the table and the dog ate them all - serves her right if she gets a tummy ache. I guess you could say that she is in the dog house!!

Bobdoesit Tue 24-Dec-19 15:07:58

What's worse than Rudolph with a runny nose? Frosty the Snowman with a hot flush! tchblush Happy Christmas.

Foxyferret Tue 24-Dec-19 15:47:31

Please A baby just like you by John Denver. It was written for his son and is lovely.

patricia1958 Tue 24-Dec-19 17:33:16

Well done all wrapping of 2 grandsons presents so everything is ready go 2 daughters all can say is cant wait to get home she puts me on edge and makes me feel nervous so know wonder I dont want to go does anyone else feel they could just stay at home

busybee6969 Tue 24-Dec-19 22:21:00

merry xmas to all. to ill to think of a joke,full of cold and ear infection,hoping that i will get better with a few lie in beds and a rest, and of course a few drinks .

Pittcity Wed 25-Dec-19 08:42:58

Merry Christmas! Tea and bacon butties on the buffet table. The more traditional breakfast of bucks fizz and chocolate is also available.
Let's get this party startedtchsmile

Jane10 Wed 25-Dec-19 08:46:13

Happy Christmas everyone! Has anyone else started on the chocs yet or is it just me?