Gransnet forums

Christmas

Gransnet Christmas Party 2019

(62 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 11-Dec-19 11:24:56

It's official, the silly season is upon us and we've finally got round to dusting off the baubles and embracing the tinsel. We'll be hosting our annual Christmas party from Christmas Eve till the big day itself and everyone is welcome!

If you've got a busy day planned please feel free to pop in and wish your fellow Gransnetters whenever you can, and if you find yourself on your own for Christmas for whatever reason, bring a (virtual) bottle or plate of mince pies, put on your paper hat, tell us a cheesy snowman joke and join the party!

Thanks to your suggestions from last year, we have a Christmas playlist all ready to go but if any of your favourites are missing please add them to this thread and we can include them.

In the meantime, if you've got any virtual decorations to add to the mix, please do. The gaudier the better obviously. tchgrin

Alygran Wed 25-Dec-19 10:13:13

Merry Christmas everyone

Doodle Wed 25-Dec-19 10:45:15

Merry Christmas one and all. Thinking of all those on their own, those who are ill those spending their first Christmas alone. Peace to you all x

ALANaV Wed 25-Dec-19 10:45:30

Love all those old and funny Christmas songs ...and the Carols ! Missed seeing the Sally Army band anywhere this year ...usually love to hear them in the town centre ! Merry Christmas all you who are on your own ! Happy New Year x

HillyN Wed 25-Dec-19 11:43:02

Happy Christmas to all my Gransnet friends xx. I'm glad you liked the decorations- I have to say they aren't mine, they are curtesy of a garden centre in Cumbria, but in my dreams....
Just had my first Christmas choccy and DH is mixing us a G & T. Have a lovely day, everyone. tchsmile

Pittcity Wed 25-Dec-19 11:46:28

We've opened some Gingerbread Matchmakers...yummy!

Grannybags Wed 25-Dec-19 12:33:44

Happy Christmas everyone!

Peaceful here today before the madness that will descend tomorrow when all the family arrive and we have our "proper" Christmas Day!

GracesGranMK3 Wed 25-Dec-19 13:18:49

Could I add White Wine in the Sun by Tim Minchin to the playlist for all those who have some of their family whose home is another country - particularly Australia?

I would wish you all (us all) a Peaceful Christmas followed by an equally Peaceful New Year and New Decade. It may be a lot to ask but we need it and sometimes the universe gives us what we need smile

I'll pop back later to see what you are all up too.

Pittcity Wed 25-Dec-19 16:59:20

I think everyone's sleeping their lunch off. ?

Catterygirl Wed 25-Dec-19 17:03:03

Hi there Gransnet ladies. Hope you are all having a lovely day whether alone or with family.

Rufus2 Thu 26-Dec-19 07:38:19

Sorry I couldn't make it Lara! sad I saw a preview of the menus and all my favourites had been deleted; i.e.
Scotch Eggs Scotch Finger Biscuits Scotch Fillet Steak Scotch Porridge Scotch Salmon; and so on and so forth. So I stayed home, had some real Aussie tucker washed down with you know what! Even one of my nurses wouldn't give me a bottle of "Hard Lemonade" Said she didn't want to be responsible for me tripping over my thongs and falling down our back steps! hmm
Oh well! Where's the New Year Party being held?
OoRoo

Flossie13 Thu 26-Dec-19 08:30:28

I'm being a grinch but does anyone else dislike the pogues Christmas song most depressing song ever