Gransnet forums

Christmas

I've done it again....

(92 Posts)
Nannan2 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:18:07

It looks like santas grotto in my bedroom every yr from october and i still manage to lose 'em. tchgrin

Nannan2 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:16:42

Are you sure about that Inkcog?tchgrin

polnan Tue 17-Dec-19 10:15:44

oh dear! thanks for this,, I thought it was just me!

Nannan2 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:14:10

Haha i do that only occasionally though,its cause im buying for so many& i have to start early in year,! Then i forget what ive got & buy again.its ridiculous! I will have enough gifts till nxt year at this rate!tchgrin

jaylucy Tue 17-Dec-19 10:12:15

I was looking for tree decorations and found a carrier bag full of gift sets that I must have bought from the Boots sale one New Year. If only I had found them before I had done my shopping for this year!!!
My excuse is that we had to have our upstairs rewired urgently a month ago, so everything had to be moved in a hurry and due to the fact that now some of the carpets and flooring need replacing (electricians were a bit too handy with a Stanley knife) a lot hadn't been put back in the original place!

seadragon Tue 17-Dec-19 10:10:55

I was organised this year and have several clearly identifiable bags in the attic with presents for all the family awaiting wrapping...that is until October when a family member became ill. Now I am at one end of the UK and the presents are at the other end - on my island home - and I won't get near them till some time next year. Interestingly, I did think to take the Christmas cards with me so at least that is something I can send...most have gone already!

Happygirl79 Tue 17-Dec-19 10:07:28

When my daughter was about 9 years old I had hidden some rabbit fluffy slippers for her before Christmas and couldn't find them. Never did. We moved house two years later

4allweknow Tue 17-Dec-19 10:05:10

I did that one year and discovered gifts I had hidden in the next July. Of course having forgotten I'd bought them I went out shopping for more gifts. Expensive Christmas that year!

Coconut Tue 17-Dec-19 10:01:20

I’ve got a large wicker hamper on wheels where I hide all the gifts that I buy all year round. I also list it all down in my diary or I’d forget what I’ve already bought ! My daughter is half my age and she always loses bits she hides, so usually gives it all to me now !

MiniMoon Tue 17-Dec-19 09:56:15

We hide things from ourselves here too!
Two years ago I bought a hanging star light (Christmas decoration) for the hall. After the first Christmas, I put it in the box and put it away.
Last year I couldn't find it. Looked everywhere I could think I might have put it, but no joy.
This year I opened the drawer and to get out my Christmas cards, and there was the star light in its box. hmm

Grannycool52 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:53:56

Time for a treasure hunt, methinks ?

inkcog Tue 17-Dec-19 09:47:41

What a jolly jape.....lots of stuff you can't remember buying scattered all over your houses.

I'm pretty sure I know where mine is.

Sara65 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:44:37

Last Christmas I bought one of my daughters a Clinique gift set, when I went to wrap it , I couldn’t find it, and I still haven’t found it!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:40:03

Not to but two tchangry

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:39:27

Ha Ha!!! Whilst wrapping gifts the other day I found to dressing gowns I had bought for my D, one pale blue M & S, the other pale grey from White Co.......how on earth did that happen????tchconfused

Bathsheba Tue 17-Dec-19 09:35:04

Oh I've done that Witzend. This year I got ahead of the game - I started a new 'note' on my phone, and every time I buy something, or get a delivery, I add it to the list with a clear description of where I have hidden it.

Of course, I do have to actually remember to add it hmm

Witzend Tue 17-Dec-19 09:00:39

Hidden all the bits for dh's stocking and can't for the life of me remember where I put them.

Ditto the Father Christmas duvet set I bought for little Gdcs last year, for the double sofa bed they share here. They're staying on Thursday night so I was pleased to be able to use it again - if I can find it! Why on earth I didn't just shove it in the airing cupboard....