Gransnet forums

Christmas

Fights in supermarkets

(58 Posts)
Sallywally1 Wed 25-Dec-19 23:34:35

According to some newspapers there have been fights over items in the shops. I find this infinitely depressing and sad. Personally I would like to think if there was only one item available and myself and someone else wanted it i would let them take it. To my mind nothing is worth fighting over.

notanan2 Fri 27-Dec-19 12:48:44

I think its a mix of things:

There are probably fights/antisocial behaviour in supernarkets daily but it doesnt make the news unless its a "christmas fight"

And a few people who cannot cope with a plan B or substitution

grandadoscar Tue 31-Dec-19 11:09:36

Being Waitrose didn’t people just mumble under their breath or tut in passive aggressive way?

Callistemon Tue 31-Dec-19 11:12:20

grin

Muttering 'We used to meet a better class of people in Waitrose'!

notanan2 Tue 31-Dec-19 11:12:49

Its also a marketing trick to put fake viral videos "out there" of people fighting over your key product or toy to build up hype so take these things with a pinch of salt

Remember the reports of fights in lidl? Aldi? (I always mix them up) when they first released kevin the carrot? Yet every store you went into had piles of them! Hmmmm...

GrannyGravy13 Tue 31-Dec-19 11:49:44

My very pregnant DIL was knocked flying by a lady in M&S who was determined to get the last profiterole tower a few years ago, no apology and she did not offer to help her up from the floor either.

notanan2 Tue 31-Dec-19 11:52:01

M&S is always the worst for rude shovey entitled customers. All year round.

Tesco and Sainsburies are much more normal civilised.

Jane10 Tue 31-Dec-19 13:47:40

Our local M&S is lovely. Lots of 'sorrys' and 'after yous'! I really can't complain.