Gransnet forums

Christmas

Boxes of chocolates

(133 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 19-Dec-20 14:14:40

I have been given a box of chocolates for Christmas, and have been sampling them this afternoon?.

They are what one would describe as modern flavours. Whilst delicious I have decided that I really prefer the more traditional flavours.

Jodieb Mon 21-Dec-20 15:05:38

Whitewavemark2

Marzipan I would kill for.

But violet and rose cream are very acceptable

Me too! The German s/market sell lovely marzipan chocs and i bought some violet chocs too.

Jodieb Mon 21-Dec-20 15:15:22

seacliff

I am unusual it seems, in that I LOVE coffee creams, well anything coffee flavoured. Also most other creams. I agree a lot of chocolates aren't as good theses days, due to change of recipe/palm oil?

I used to get Linden Lady Chocs at foodie shows. They were sooo delicious. Can't find them now. I would like to get a treat for Christmas but not sure what. Too late for Hotel Chocolat delivery.

I've just looked them up -sadly closed in November

Blinko Mon 21-Dec-20 16:01:42

I've uncovered a box dated 2017... I melted them all down and made brownies. They were ok. And no one's died yet.

Callistemon Mon 21-Dec-20 16:26:29

Some chocolates are spoiled for me if they have crunchy bits in them, particularly mint chocolates
You can send them to me, grannybuy; I like Elizabeth Shaw Mint Crisps

Whitewavemark2 Sun 27-Dec-20 15:14:13

I’ve just finished mine?.

Puzzler61 Sun 27-Dec-20 16:08:47

I’m tucking into a bag of Cadbury’s Little Robins. Just solid milk chocolate. Anybody else like them?

annodomini Sun 27-Dec-20 16:56:14

Chocolate gingers for me. A small box of them had the Lidl logo on the back and they were far too good to share. My son, who abhors ginger, gave me the chocolate gingers from his Hotel Chocolat vegan selection, but, disappointingly, they were too bitter even for me. sad