Gransnet forums

Christmas

What was your favourite present?

(88 Posts)
Sallywally1 Sun 26-Dec-21 13:15:06

My OH got me a retro railway style clock with a thermometer on the other side. It not plastic and looks like the real thing. I chose it! It will look nice hanging on the wall outside. All my other presents were lovely too.

Rosalyn69 Sun 26-Dec-21 13:18:56

The husband got me a bronze hare sculpture I had been lusting after for months.

LauraNorderr Sun 26-Dec-21 13:49:30

Orlin wanted an exercise bike which we bought a few weeks ago as he can’t walk far with his gammy leg.
He then took it upon himself to surprise me on Christmas morning with a walking machine so that I can keep him company!
I did plaster on a big smile but not really sure how to take it.
Now both taking up space in my studio which was, until yesterday, my calm space.

MiniMoon Sun 26-Dec-21 13:57:15

Ours are still wrapped and under the tree. We are doing the present thing tomorrow when the family come to visit.
I'm hoping for a Ninja hot & cold blender/soup maker. The box is about the right size, but I could well be wrong.

SueDonim Sun 26-Dec-21 14:09:31

I had lots of lovely presents but my most challenging gift will be the double-sided, very intricate jigsaw puzzle one of my DC gave me. I think it’ll take me months! grin

Yammy Sun 26-Dec-21 14:16:23

A pair of socks with Robins on them from a young GD with a self-drawn card.

Grandmagrim Sun 26-Dec-21 14:34:47

A single electric blanket. Finally I’m going to be warm in bed again. ?

Bonneygran Sun 26-Dec-21 14:39:49

Amanda Owen’s book, “ Celebrating the Seasons with the Yorkshire Shepherdess.” Look forward to shutting myself away with a good read.

Sarahmob Sun 26-Dec-21 14:46:17

A jigsaw puzzle printed with one of my favourite photos of me and my two grandsons. It was a lovely surprise ?

Gwyneth Sun 26-Dec-21 14:48:11

Lots of lovely presents but my favourite was a small wooden box made from holly with a secret compartment. It’s gorgeous and very unusual.

Oofy Sun 26-Dec-21 14:53:11

A Sussex trug from DH (I had been dropping heavy hints)

baubles Sun 26-Dec-21 14:55:24

The delicious food parcel which DD has just delivered to the end of my garden path as DH has Covid and yesterday’s plans were scuppered. smile

Soroptimum Sun 26-Dec-21 15:08:25

My favourites - Nigel Slater’s ‘A Cook’s Book’, a lovely mug with a hare on (I love hares), and some over ear headphones (in-ear ones hurt me).

Lucca Sun 26-Dec-21 15:11:07

My friend and I were window shopping (here in Italy) and I pointed out a lovely cherry red pyjama set. She sneaked out and bought it for me ! Far too generous but I love it.

GagaJo Sun 26-Dec-21 15:50:26

L'Occitane set. I haven't used it for years but it was a nice surprise. I still smell lemony from this mornings application.

62Granny Sun 26-Dec-21 15:53:49

We had the most wonderful gift our DD have birth to our first grandson yesterday morning?

MiniMoon Sun 26-Dec-21 16:06:51

Congratulations 62Granny. How wonderful. ??

PammyHoops Sun 26-Dec-21 16:09:49

I received a dry robe to wrap up in after my Friday sea swims.
Love it, I have been quietly jealous of others around me using theirs when I stand shivering in an old cotton dressing gown.

Maggiemaybe Sun 26-Dec-21 16:17:31

Fantastic, 62Granny! smile Many congratulations to all of you.

Fernbergien Sun 26-Dec-21 16:18:54

A good Christmas present was finding my half sister after 78 years! Got two new nieces three new great nephews. Now enjoying finding similarities. Done via DNA.

Septimia Sun 26-Dec-21 16:29:02

A prompt reply from 10 yr old GD (4.5 hours drive away) to my early morning 'Happy Christmas' message. And then another message from her about one of her presents that she knew I would be particularly interested in.

jacksmum Sun 26-Dec-21 16:31:27

My grandson being on leave from the Armed Forces was the best present i had, i have not seen him for such a long time.

Sapphire24 Sun 26-Dec-21 16:32:53

Circumstances have dictated that my son is staying with us for Xmas this year. Spending it with both him and my hubby is the best present. I can't remember the last time I spent Christmas day with my son. smile

LadyGracie Sun 26-Dec-21 16:41:12

Jigsaws, I love jigsaws. Lots of bits and pieces. Jigsaws.

Chewbacca Sun 26-Dec-21 16:41:55

Oooo, difficult to choose! I absolutely love the L'Occitane hat box hamper that I received because L'Occitane is my favourite brand and it was absolutely stuffed full with all my favourite products. But I also loved the tartan cashmere scarf and gloves too..... But I think the gift that melted my heart was the little glass bird to hang on the Christmas tree; chosen by my GC. I'll treasure that forever.