Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(830 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:55:24

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners. You can find past winners on our previous 'Won anything?' thread here.

Best of luck!

GNHQ

Harris27 Fri 08-Jun-18 12:38:13

Was just wondering must be a good book! Eagerly awaiting!

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Jun-18 12:19:53

Happy Monday everyone! We're pleased to announce that Elizabeth180 has won the Dualit Domus Kettle and Two Slot Toaster set worth £200!

Congratulations - please see your emails for details smile

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Jun-18 12:33:10

For those expecting a copy of Circe, you might have accidentally received a copy of Sail Away due to a publisher mix-up!

You are absolutely fine to keep the copy of Sail Away of course, and do expect a copy of Circe at some point after Wednesday, which is when copies will finally be dispatched.

Harris27 Fri 15-Jun-18 14:17:30

No haven't received Circe or sail away but still watching for the postman! Fingers crossed?

Harris27 Sat 16-Jun-18 16:57:50

Circe book came today! Thank you x

Lunchtimelady1 Mon 18-Jun-18 18:53:35

Circe book arived at the w/e: many thanks.

Candelle Tue 19-Jun-18 13:51:48

Dear GNHQ

Just a thank you for the (somewhat eclectic!) selection of books won your recent competition.

I am sure I will enjoy the diverse selection over the next few months.

Thanks you again.

Regards

Candelle

Candelle Tue 19-Jun-18 13:52:20

Even 'thank you' again... (old-age, eh...)

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 29-Jun-18 12:34:02

Happy Friday one and all! Congratulations to auntyann who has won a Ted Baker handbag as the main winner of our Bad Nana competition.

Our runners-up are:

nanaK54
tiggers
blubber
Grannyknot
glennamy
GrandmaKT
maclinks
GeminiJen
Pamaga
Crazygran
Sallyann51
GrandmaCornwall
lemongrove
jeanio
nanahil

Please see your emails for details. You will need to send your full name and address.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 06-Jul-18 14:30:46

Congratulations to grandmaz who has won the Kenwood food processor and a copy of vegan cookbook BOSH! as the overall winner of our book competition.

Our runners-up, who have won copies of the book, are:
Angella, nutunit7, Minnibix, Yvonnew1 and manxie

Well done to all!

Lilylaundry Wed 11-Jul-18 11:26:04

The Postman arrived today with a book I had won on Gransnet! Talk about being thrilled to bits. I was over the moon. The book is called The Baggage (oh dear, hope someone is not trying to tell me something). It sounds very readable judging from the preface.

Many thanks Gransnet.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 23-Jul-18 15:38:42

And the winner of this year's best summer reads collection, pulled out of the hat just now, is... shysal Congratulations

shysal Mon 23-Jul-18 20:58:14

Wow! Thank you so much for the books! They will last me for the rest of the year at least.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 24-Jul-18 14:27:58

Huge congratulations to ValC to has won a three-night holiday courtesy of Away Resorts!

Please check your email for details smile

annsixty Tue 24-Jul-18 14:54:31

Congratulations shysal
I am always pleased when a regular GNer wins such a lovely prize. Enjoy.

ValC Tue 24-Jul-18 17:00:22

Can't believe I have won a holiday, my daughter and granddaughter are coming with me and we are all so excited.
Many many thanks gransnet and I can't wait to hear from Away Resorts.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 30-Jul-18 14:36:58

Happy Monday!

We're sending huge congratulations to varian who has won a won an art class experience, bubbles included, and a copy of The Peacock Summer.

Our runners-up, who will also be receiving a copy of the book are:

Persistentdonor
aquafish
Proseccomimama
angela53
Catmanic
auntybee
Emptynester
MrsH21
JARJAB
mokey

Well done to all! Please check your emails for details smile

shysal Mon 30-Jul-18 15:23:18

My £500 worth of best summer reads have all arrived now I think. Thank you GN once again.

Jalima1108 Mon 30-Jul-18 15:32:17

What a wonderful prize shysal - congratulations (and nice to know that a regular Gransnetter has won it).
Happy reading!

and to varian - that sounds lovely, enjoy the experience!

Congratulations to all

Chewbacca Mon 30-Jul-18 19:21:31

Congratulations varian, a lovely prize to win!
You're right there too Jalima!

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 02-Aug-18 12:13:15

Exciting news this Thursday morning...

Congratulations to Andyf who has won a luxury wicker picnic hamper and a copy of How to Keep a Secret!

Our runners-up are Mapleleaf, gardenoma, diane4, glamnan and sootyo who have also won a copy of the book.

Well done everyone! We've sent an email with further details smile

Andyf Fri 03-Aug-18 12:26:53

I was thrilled to receive my email and excited about the prize. Thank you very much. ?

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 06-Aug-18 15:07:25

Happy Monday one and all. We're sending a huge congratulations to mabon1, who has won an overnight stay in London and tickets to see The King and I in the West End!

Very well done - do check your emails for details

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 09-Aug-18 10:14:59

Congratulations to Gagagran who has won a two-night stay at a Best Western hotel!

Please check your emails for more details on your prize. Well done!

Gagagran Thu 09-Aug-18 10:20:29

Oh Wow! Happy day! Thank you so much. Looking forward to hearing from Best Western with details soon. smile