Gransnet forums

Competitions

Won anything?

(830 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Jul-16 13:55:24

We've always got something fabulous up for grabs here on Gransnet. If you've got any questions about a prize or would like to discuss what you've won with fellow gransnetters, feel free to post here.

Also - do check your emails around the closing date of the competition you've entered. If you've won, we would have emailed you the details. Don't forget to check your junk mail, as sometimes our mails slip through the net.

If you've got your posts in chronological order, click on 'Last' at the top of this thread to skip to the last page of this thread for the most recent winners. You can find past winners on our previous 'Won anything?' thread here.

Best of luck!

GNHQ

Maggiemaybe Wed 07-Aug-19 10:00:37

Random draws aren’t unfair. If someone wins more than once it’s just their good luck. What would be unfair (and illegal) is if GNHQ manipulated the results so this didn’t happen.

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:19:41

For most of our competitions (unless specified), our winners are drawn completely at random.

It's always worth bearing in mind that there are many thousands of gransnetters who use the site daily, enter competitions and engage on social media, yet choose not to post regularly on the forums. So, just because you don't recognise the username of a winner, it doesn't mean they are not a 'regular' or a long-time user.

We work hard to offer great competitions with prizes that users will like and we always enjoy announcing the winners here so congrats again everyone who has won something fabulous this year! flowers

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:25:05

More winners to announce today and we are delighted to share that Liz46 has been drawn as the first prize winner of our Live a Little competition. You've won a Le Creuset casserole dish worth £225 and a signed copy of Howard Jacobson's new book. Many congratulations!

And our five runners-up who will also receive a signed copy of Live a Little, are:

BrandyButter
Pollyanna38
JanieCakes
frenchbulldog19
debraj8

Very well done! flowers

Liz46 Wed 07-Aug-19 14:46:09

Fantastic. Thank you so much. I don't think I had ever won anything until I joined Gransnet and since then I have had two or three books. Wonderful!

callgirl1 Wed 07-Aug-19 17:30:38

What I`m curious about (and I`m not grumbling, I`m appreciative) is that The Mother in Law is the August book prize, and still up for grabs, yet I won and received my copy of this book on August 2nd, so surprised that the competition is still running?

KatyK Thu 08-Aug-19 12:01:58

Hello HQ. I was lucky enough to be told on 8 July that I had won a Pavarotti CD. Should I have had this by now? Thanks.

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 08-Aug-19 14:49:28

Hi callgirl1

The Mother-in-Law is our pick for the August book club. The draw to win a copy closed quite a few weeks ago and no one has been able to enter since then. We leave the page live as it directs users and readers to the correct place to leave their questions for the author. There is no entry form on the page and no one can enter the giveaway. But there is a description of the book and a link to appropriate thread. We do this every month for all of our book clubs.

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 08-Aug-19 14:50:09

Hi KatyK

Please email [email protected] so we can look into this for you.

KatyK Thu 08-Aug-19 18:07:54

Ok thank you Sarah

callgirl1 Fri 09-Aug-19 23:29:06

Thanks for the explanation Sarah

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 12-Aug-19 17:35:39

Congratulations to the 10 winners of our Treacle Street giveaway. You've each won a copy of Kate Hindley's new book.

highlandmo46
duncanbrown
1969angep
MrsJ2000
Nendels
budelle
ivytree
cornergran
piggy66
Teddy111

flowers

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Aug-19 12:43:01

Congratulations to DanniRae who has been drawn as the winner of our Swallowtail Summer competition, winning a Norfolk Indulgence Hamper from the Norfolk Deli, along with a copy of the book.

And our five runners-up will also receive a copy of the book. Well done to:

mdj
elizabethmae
grandmajess
Pussycat
colette555

flowers

DanniRae Fri 16-Aug-19 13:10:28

Wow! Delighted to have won the Swallowtail Summer Competition.

Many Thanks Gransnet smile

Bathsheba Fri 16-Aug-19 15:31:05

Congratulations DanniRae! Nice to see a known member amongst all the unknown winners!

DanniRae Sat 17-Aug-19 08:09:31

Thanks Bathsheba - I am very pleased grin

Auntieflo Sat 17-Aug-19 08:15:40

Well done DanniRae. It's nice to see a familiar name for a prizewinner. Enjoy your hamper.

DanniRae Sun 18-Aug-19 18:27:34

Thanks Auntieflo for your kind post! grin

suziwoo69 Mon 19-Aug-19 16:02:56

The lovely books I won arrived today I cannot wait to read them. Thank you very much

Greenfinch Mon 19-Aug-19 17:01:32

I agree.It is good to see regular contributors winning the prizes.

Harris27 Tue 20-Aug-19 10:53:29

Still waiting for my Elemis prize. Diss appointed it hasn’t arrived as yet was hoping to take it on holiday this weekend.?

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Aug-19 11:57:08

Hi, Harris27, we've emailed you. smile

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Aug-19 12:03:32

Congratulations to joannapiano who has been drawn as the winner of our Crazy Pets and Secrets Revealed competition. You've won a £100 M&S voucher and a copy of the book.

Our three runners-up will also receive a copy of the book. Well done to:

floorflock
samosh
am1zee

Please remember to check your email for details.

Congrats flowers

SarahGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 22-Aug-19 12:53:52

We had an incredible response to our Jet2holidays competition to win a 4* getaway to Tenerife, and we are delighted to share that chelseababy has been drawn as the winner! flowers

You've won a seven-night stay at the 4* Spring Arona Gran Hotel & Spa in Tenerife for two adults.

Huge congratulations on this fantastic prize and please check your email for further details.

Don't forget to send us a postcard! sunshine sunshine sunshine

chelseababy Thu 22-Aug-19 13:46:38

I am thrilled to receive this prize! Thanks so much - was lost for words when I hot the email. Many thanks gransnet!

joannapiano Thu 22-Aug-19 16:41:26

Thank you so much for the book and M&S voucher. We have had a difficult year and this has really cheered me up.