Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a £100 afternoon tea voucher *NOW CLOSED*

(918 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 13-Sep-19 14:27:20

To celebrate the release of Red Riding Hood, reimagined by master storyteller Beatrix Potter and visionary illustrator Helen Oxenbury, we’re giving one lucky gransnetter the chance to win a copy of the new book, plus a £100 afternoon tea voucher to enjoy.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 11th October.

To enter simply tell us... what was your favourite fairy tale growing up and why?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

helen175 Thu 10-Oct-19 23:09:36

I loved the three little pigs, I used to huff and puff until I was exhausted and I love telling the story to my grandchildren. We make little paper and straw and stone buildings and see who can blow them away.

DeeEmBee Thu 10-Oct-19 23:43:28

Snow White was my favourite. I had piano lessons but I didn’t like practicing. My teacher gave me the music from Snow White and I learned the whole book in a week.

frasus Fri 11-Oct-19 01:39:08

Cinderella - because I loved the lovely gowns she got to wear and that she got to live happily ever after - it made me hope that there was a fairy godmother out there to help make dreams come true

lottiegirl Fri 11-Oct-19 03:36:44

princess and the pea. i used to imagini was the princess and pile things on my bed

SwiftShark Fri 11-Oct-19 03:47:18

The Town Musicians of Bremen. I can't really remember why but I expect it was because I was an animal lover and liked looking at the pictures!

joannec1234 Fri 11-Oct-19 05:08:01

The Ugly Duckling, I loved how it emerged in to the beautiful swan

hmd104 Fri 11-Oct-19 06:37:29

Alice in wonderland....... love mad hatters tea party !!!

Leserlee Fri 11-Oct-19 06:50:42

Alice in Wonderland I loved the variety of characters

leek7 Fri 11-Oct-19 08:27:15

The Little Match Girl - my mum used to read it to me, I loved it but it always made me cry at the end! So she used to say I will only read it to you if you don't cry, so I promised I wouldn't but then I just couldn't help myself!! Happy memories nevertheless!

jacqroberts Fri 11-Oct-19 08:28:55

Loved the story of Rumpelstiltskin

Janetlynnej Fri 11-Oct-19 08:33:05

Alice in Wonderland. My mum gave me her childhood story book and I was enchanted.

redrosemummy Fri 11-Oct-19 09:33:40

I always loved the story of the Elves and the Shoemaker

Nortsat46 Fri 11-Oct-19 10:56:40

Cinderella, because she went to the ball, wore glass slippers and in the end a lovely ball gown ... and she got the charming Prince.
(Just like my life ...)

molly57 Fri 11-Oct-19 11:25:25

It was in fact Red Riding Hood. I always wanted to live in a cottage like grandma and have wildlife visit!

jumil Fri 11-Oct-19 12:14:34

My favourite story was the Princess and the pea

francisdelima Fri 11-Oct-19 13:36:39

Red Riding Hood. Silly, I know, but I yearned for a scarlet red coat with a hood!

ItsGreatBeingAGran Fri 11-Oct-19 22:18:24

The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton; I read the book over and over again and it didn't lose it's charm. I still have the book, very battered from all that use but very much loved. I haven't tried reading it again as I feel it may reduce all those amazing memories I had from that time.