Gransnet forums

Competitions

Win a hamper worth over £100 and a copy of Hey Grandude! *Now Closed*

(917 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Oct-19 16:43:23

We've teamed up with Puffin Books to celebrate National Grandparents Day and the release of Hey Grandude!, the first children's book written by Paul McCartney and illustrated by Kathryn Durst. One lucky gransnetter will win a copy of the book and a luxury Fortnum & Mason hamper valued at over £100.

More details on the prize can be found HERE and T&Cs HERE. We will pick a winner after 11am on 4th November.

To enter simply tell us... If you could take your grandchildren anywhere in the world, where would it be?

You must be a registered Gransnet user to enter. Sign up to Gransnet HERE if you haven't done so already.

And don't forget to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest competitions delivered straight to your inbox...

Flossieflyby Sat 05-Oct-19 15:27:13

Take them to see their relatives in Oz.

Tidusmc Sat 05-Oct-19 15:53:52

I have 3 teenagers and 2 very much younger grandchildren; where would I take them? I think everywhere their heart's desire. We live in a beautiful world with so much to offer. Now that would be a trip to remember.

toscalily Sat 05-Oct-19 15:56:57

I would take them on Safari and hope to see as many animals big or small as possible all in their natural habitat. No phones allowed for the teenagers, just enjoy the natural world, no light pollution and the wide open vistas where land and sky seem to go on forever.

Miriam Sat 05-Oct-19 16:43:46

I would love to take my grand daughter skiing. I would not be able to ski with her as I can only do the snow plough and even then I would fall over but I would love to see her take lessons and of course enjoy the apres ski get togethers. She is only 6 but the younger they learn the less fear they have and it would set her up for a lifetime of skiing holidays.

Venus Sat 05-Oct-19 17:04:37

I would take them on a cruise to see the Northern Lights. They would enjoy the cruise, then see something they would never see anywhere else.

nanna123 Sat 05-Oct-19 17:39:49

I would take them all (8) to a Chateau in France for a weekend to just enjoy each others company as they don't all get together very often as they live miles apart. It is just so special to spend time with your grandchildren - they are priceless.

DAISYDANDO Sat 05-Oct-19 17:42:55

This actually reminded me that I would love to take my grandchildren to Liverpool...Strawberry Fields forever!

Harris27 Sat 05-Oct-19 17:57:56

I would take them to Disneyland as they haven’t been abroad at all. And they love Disney and all the characters. They are lovely children and are grateful for little pleasures we give them.

jroberts1 Sat 05-Oct-19 18:21:12

My little grandson would love to see the Loch Ness monster and I would love to visit Inverness.If we were lucky we would also see the northern lights.

Gratitude Sat 05-Oct-19 19:19:11

I would take my grandchildren to the lovely Island of Saint Helena so they could see where their great grandmother comes from and learn about their heritage. It's a remote little island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean only 10 miles by 5 miles with a population of 4500 people.

gillyknits Sat 05-Oct-19 19:22:52

I’d take them to Disney Land in Florida so that I could go on all the rides!

carolmt29 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:36:30

Legoland Windsor, they love everything Lego.

melanieclare2002 Sat 05-Oct-19 21:24:18

Disneyland Paris as we've never been and it would be a dream come true for us all!

Jinky2 Sat 05-Oct-19 21:50:41

I'd take my grandchildren to the beautiful Yorkshire Dales in England. They could enjoy the stunning scenery, wonderful wildlife and enjoy our British weather. I'd like them to learn more about the British countryside before embarking on trips abroad.

Moocow Sat 05-Oct-19 22:05:46

After thinking lots, I think we would have to sit down and decide together as it would be wonderful to take them somewhere none of us had ever travelled to so that we could experience the sights, history and events/traditions specific to the locals living there together for the first time ever. Then it would be a new special memory to share.

gurprem Sat 05-Oct-19 23:29:57

I would love to take them to the Louvre in Paris. London museum, the Tate modern, American museum of natural history in New york - soak up history past which I adore and ultimately spend time together as a family . it would be fantastic

cfinnie Sun 06-Oct-19 02:21:19

Back in time for a day, so they could see how different things were when i was young and how people appreciated the little and simple things in life.

mrsmonkster Sun 06-Oct-19 04:21:18

Lapland to meet Santa and his reindeer

scarlets200 Sun 06-Oct-19 06:37:57

I would take them to the beautiful New Zealand to meet our family

toffee11 Sun 06-Oct-19 06:45:36

Would love to take them to Sydney where my brother lives. Great city - lots to do and lots to remember afterwards.

glenka Sun 06-Oct-19 06:52:36

I would take them to Australia because it's such a beautiful place.

dazred Sun 06-Oct-19 07:02:57

I'd love for them to experience the Olympics so Tokyo would be my choice, such an amazing place to visit.

Monkeykv Sun 06-Oct-19 07:03:04

I would take them Australia to visit relations I don’t see very often

hartley123 Sun 06-Oct-19 07:04:46

probably like most grandparents, one of the Disney parks either in the USA or Paris,

pamelaJEAN Sun 06-Oct-19 07:23:18

I would take then to Walt Disney World , I have five grandchildren and a great granddaughter, they have all loved Disney films and books , it would be lovely to see their reaction at some of the sights there.