Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

So, what is going to happen at Easter?

(31 Posts)
Labaik Wed 18-Mar-20 12:12:58

Will people be able to travel to holiday accommodation that they have booked? Resulting in some remote parts of the country that have few people with the virus suddenly having a dramatic increase? Will we be in lockdown by then. If I go on a short holiday to the seaside next week [no shopping/social contact etc just walking on the beach] is there a chance I might not be allowed to return home?

Hithere Wed 18-Mar-20 13:47:09

You are not isolating if you stop for gas.

You are not isolating if you see your adult children.

What is so hard to understand? Stay home

Labaik Wed 18-Mar-20 13:53:41

With respect, I don't think people have actually properly read what I've said. We are not seeing adult children. We are not seeing/speaking to anyone. We are not shopping. Even if we stay at home we will probably need to get petrol at some point. But the imminent threat of a lockdown has made us decide not to go. The holiday with the family was going to be at Easter; we were thinking of going there before the family went and would have left before they arrived.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 18-Mar-20 13:57:39

Yes we wouldn’t have come away if the order had been given out before we got here.

sodapop Wed 18-Mar-20 14:24:17

Well now we know who to blame for all this Labaik if only you had taken out holiday insurance grin

trisher Wed 18-Mar-20 14:29:16

Do people still not understand? isolation is for those who have symptoms. Social distancing is for the rest of us oldies etc www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults