Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Birthday friend is self-isolating

(33 Posts)
Nata Fri 20-Mar-20 09:11:23

My friend is back from her trip (she went to the USA) and now she is self-isolating. Her birthday is right around the corner and she says she doesn't want any party or anything of that kind even later, when her self-isolation is over. I still want to get her something but what could be a good online gift? I thought about an audio-book but I'm afraid I won't guess correctly if she will like some new book and I don't want to get her the audio version of the books she had already read, do idk. Any ideas?

Flytothestars Fri 20-Mar-20 15:51:25

Amazon voucher!

AGAA4 Fri 20-Mar-20 16:15:44

A birthday cake from Bettys of Harrogate

northernfi Fri 20-Mar-20 18:49:41

If you’ve got a favourite small business that also sells online, then why not get your friend a special gift and support them at the same time?
I’ve just stocked up on lovely cards from The Purple Gallery purplegallery.com/ in Bournville, Birmingham, and recently bought a beautiful pendant for an 18th birthday gift - was very tempted to keep it for myself! x

M0nica Fri 20-Mar-20 19:00:27

Flowers.

IslandGranny Fri 20-Mar-20 22:42:56

I gave my mother in law a subscription to a sudoku puzzle magazine for Christmas. She looks forward to each one coming and phones me up to tell me her progress with the puzzles. I wish I had thought of this years ago. Now we are all “at home” I was thinking I might treat myself to one!

grannybuy Sat 21-Mar-20 00:58:44

I received a Hotel Chocolat goody bag today, sent via Amaon. A Mother's Day gift. I told the Hermes man that I couldn't recall ordering anything. He said, " Oh well, it'll be a nice surprise then ". It was!

Patsy70 Sat 21-Mar-20 06:33:47

Yes, I think you should buy something online, Nata - wine, Amazon vouchers, flowers, plant, chocs - she'll be delighted, I'm sure. We have five family birthdays in April - my OH and our grandson, both on the 1st (5 years old), our granddaughter on the 5th (16 years old - been working hard for her GCSEs sad), our other grandson (8) and another granddaughter (14). I have a friend who is a very talented artist and she will be painting cards for them and we've ordered online gifts. There'll be a big family celebration when this crisis is over!