Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Boris Johnson has tested positive for Coronavirus

(118 Posts)
HurdyGurdy Fri 27-Mar-20 11:26:12

Experiencing mild symptoms, according to the BBC

I wonder if he will now broadcast from a sealed room or if he will take a step back and leave it to others to deliver the briefings?

Namsnanny Fri 27-Mar-20 11:28:19

Just heard he is self isolating in No. 10. If he is ok he can always use the tinternet.

Luckygirl Fri 27-Mar-20 11:28:43

Poor chap - wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

It had seemed a real possibility as those daily announcements with lots of journalists cheek by jowl seemed like a potential germ soup. They have only become remote in the last few days.

BlueBelle Fri 27-Mar-20 11:33:12

Hope his pregnant girlfriend is ok

Whitewavemark2 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:35:34

I hope he is one of the lucky ones and only gets it mildly. It looks ghastly even if you get it moderately severely.

Daddima Fri 27-Mar-20 11:48:32

I suspect it’s an excuse to stop those embarrassing ‘ updates’ he was giving!

paddyanne Fri 27-Mar-20 11:51:05

Wouldn't wish even Bojo harm but I hope it makes him realise what ordinary folk are going through with the illness and all the financial issues and lack of produce in shops.I doubt it will though ,he wont have to go without bread or milk or wait 4 weeks for a home delivery

MamaCaz Fri 27-Mar-20 11:52:34

I imagine that as long as he feels well enough, he will continue with whatever work is possible from within the confines of No. 10.
I'm sure the internet connection there will good enough for remote video conferences/ interviews etc., so still expect to see and hear plenty from him.

Greymar Fri 27-Mar-20 11:53:44

I actually did wonder if he was unwell, he looked in a bad way.

Same as Prince Charles or anybody, I would not wish anybody to be ill.

Charleygirl5 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:55:41

paddyanne I would put money on it that he would not know where the nearest supermarket is or a corner shop. I doubt if he has ever entered either.

Summerlove Fri 27-Mar-20 11:59:26

I’m curious if everyone complaining that Prince Charles was tested will also complain that Boris got tested.

I do hope that he recovers quickly.

BlueBelle Fri 27-Mar-20 11:59:50

He ll never realise what ordinary folk are going through paddyanne look how quickly he gets tested but I don’t wish him any harm that’s for sure

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Mar-20 12:06:04

I wish him a speedy recovery.

lemongrove Fri 27-Mar-20 12:07:42

BJ is on tv right now talking, and looks and sounds fine, so obviously has it mildly.He will give tv interviews from Downing St and is self isolating.
Not something we want to contemplate, but over the course of the next year I should think almost everybody will catch it,
Most mildly, some moderately and some very ill indeed.
We can’t stay inside forever and the virus will still be around.

SalsaQueen Fri 27-Mar-20 12:09:41

Like him or not (I do), he's been doing a brilliant job - one that he's only been in for 15? weeks!

Of course he knows where the damned shops are - he hasn't bee living in a cave.

He looked pretty terrible when he was on tv recently...and he's been giving us all those "embarrassing"(really?!) udates BECAUSE HE RUNS THE COUNTRY

merlotgran Fri 27-Mar-20 12:10:57

I thought both he and Prince Charles looked tired and unwell doing the 'clap for the NHS' last night.

I hope they will soon be recovered.

trisher Fri 27-Mar-20 12:12:32

If he needs a ventilator could he have one of the ones he forgot to order from the EU please? (Naughty trisher!! shock)

Calendargirl Fri 27-Mar-20 12:16:38

Rubbish Daddima

Greymar Fri 27-Mar-20 12:18:23

What do you like about him and his message and his style?

Don't want WW3, just can't comprehend it really.

Doorstop Fri 27-Mar-20 12:19:22

Hope he takes it on the chin like he suggested we all should!

SirChenjin Fri 27-Mar-20 12:20:57

Panic not trisher - it appears that while they ‘missed’ the first round of emails they’re going to join the next lot of EU procurement winkgrin

I wish Boris and everyone else who has this horrendous virus a speedy recovery wherever and whenever possible. Our wonderful NHS is doing an amazing job treating the everyone in very difficult circumstances with the resources it has.

vampirequeen Fri 27-Mar-20 12:23:33

He shouldn't have been shaking hands with victims and trying to persuade us that it wasn't so important. I do feel for his pregnant gf though.

Chestnut Fri 27-Mar-20 12:25:46

Still people making petty little digs even in this crisis. He is the Prime Minister and should have the best treatment available. All men are not equal, never have been, and never will be. People cannot accept that.

No good assuming he has it mildly because he has just started the battle. I wish him all the best.

Ellianne Fri 27-Mar-20 12:32:21

I agree, Chestnut, he is an important person and people need to accept that.

lemongrove Fri 27-Mar-20 12:34:51

Me too Chestnut ??
All top politicians are at risk, the amount of people they have to come into contact with.