Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Mr P's Shopping experience today.

(31 Posts)
phoenix Fri 27-Mar-20 15:23:07

Mr P has taken on the shopping, as I'm in official NHS ordered lockdown.

He queued for 45 minutes to get into Morrison's (late morning, trying to avoid the queues that we have been told are there before store opening).

Despite this, and restrictions on the number of each item that can be bought, he was unable to get many of the items on the list.

We keep being told that deliveries to stores are operating as normal, so what's going wrong?

EllanVannin Fri 27-Mar-20 20:42:55

Even if I starve--which I won't, I'm not going near a supermarket where there are crowds, for a long time to come, that's really asking for trouble because everyone's a potential carrier.

phoenix Fri 27-Mar-20 21:55:28

Doodlein answer to your post of 20.16, I have threatened offered to make himself
sanitised, strip off so I can hose him down with Jeyes fluid (apparently easier to come by than Dettol) and be air dried (weather reasonably good at present, so he should be ok, and anyway surely goosepimples must sort of tighten and improve skin texture?) but he seems to think that vigorous hand washing should suffice.

Yes, I'm in lockdown, suppose I'm actually lucky that I've got Mr P to do the shopping, although it can be a bit hit and miss, not just because of availability, but also because he keeps going shopping without his glasses confused so, not only does he have difficulty reading the list, but he can't always read the packets/tins!

As for sleeping in the spare room, I'm pretty sure there is a bed in the spare room, vaguely remember seeing it, oh, about 2 years ago, maybe more..........

Charleygirl5 Fri 27-Mar-20 22:11:45

Trust a man, Mr P not to notice the potatoes sprouting.

I have shopped online for 3 households, the delivery will be on Tuesday 31st March and I have never spent so much money in a supermarket in my entire life. Many people would be happy to have it as a weekly wage.

If I cannot get anything less than a monthly slot with Morrisons it will be a repeat performance for us next month. I have discovered Sweetex is out of stock- a weird item I would have thought.

Hetty58 Fri 27-Mar-20 22:21:21

I agree with EllanVannin. It's just too dangerous to shop - especially now it's known that the virus can remain in the air for hours!

Chewbacca Fri 27-Mar-20 22:29:57

Waitrose yesterday had a queue if about 30 people, all standing at least 2 metres apart. We were allowed in on a one in-one out basis. Shelves were very well stocked and some of the fresh produce was actually being reduced in price. No problem getting anti bac wipes, bleach, loo rolls or anything else.