Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Selfish I know

(79 Posts)
Ladychaplin19 Fri 27-Mar-20 17:40:55

I am just having to accept the fact that I’m unlikely to see my 2nd grandchild when they decide to make its entry to the world in these crazy and scary times. Whilst this is not the worst that people are experiencing at the moment, most of you will know how I’m feeling.
Friends and family are there for me, but not sharing those special moments as the newborn joins our clan , is something I couldn’t have imagined.
Many of you may be experiencing difficult times too, and actually knowing I won’t be the first or last to face difficult times, somehow is unifying. Regardless of culture status, money, or religion humans fundamentally share many of the same emotions. We find resources from ourselves and those around us if we reach out, I hope for all out there, that the days offer you glimmers of light. Kindest of thoughts to all in these challenging days.

overthehill Fri 27-Mar-20 17:24:57

Yes Grandma70s as you say less commuting and she says they are spending less

Grandma70s Fri 27-Mar-20 17:02:44

So, basically, she still has work and the kids. Less commuting, perhaps?

overthehill Fri 27-Mar-20 16:59:16

One more pleasant aspect for me of the lock down, is I get to chat to my daughter in a more relaxed way and more frequently. Normally calls from her are made whilst rushing from one place to another as she is very busy with work and the kids.

As I say very selfish of me as she, like everyone else in her position, having to work from home and look after children.