Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

dog walking once a day

(54 Posts)
Hazel731 Sat 28-Mar-20 10:31:49

One good thing is that we can still leave our houses to walk our dogs, but is one walk a day enough? Why not 2 walks, morning and afternoon or night? Not everyone has a garden to let dogs into, some dogs won't do their mess without being on lead or outside their own area. I know this isn't policed but would neighbours be understanding if we took our dogs out twice a day or would they turn on us? Chat back please I would like to know what you think?

Pikachu Sat 28-Mar-20 21:11:41

I drive about a kilometre to my usual dog walking area. Yes, rarely see anyone when I walk the dog, and his recall is excellent so no worries about letting him have a run after his ball. Common sense.

Pikachu Sat 28-Mar-20 21:13:29

He actually gets two walks a day as my neighbour takes him when he goes out for his daily walk.

Smileless2012 Sun 29-Mar-20 10:41:31

That's a good idea Pikachu we're fortunate to be able to give our dogs 2 walks a day as we don't go out together. I think this afternoons walk will be a little shorter today though as there's a very strong wind and our little poodle finds that difficult to deal with.