Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Lockdown and haircuts

(30 Posts)
Beachwriter Tue 31-Mar-20 14:53:03

How are gransnetters managing to have their hair cut and their toenails trimmed over the next few months?

GagaJo Wed 01-Apr-20 12:40:05

My hair isn't getting cut or dyed. I will be online teaching after the 20th though, so will have to make some attempt at tidying myself up. Currently, I look like a complete bag lady. I really don't care either.

heath480 Wed 01-Apr-20 12:43:18

There was a hairdresser on the One Show last week.

He demonstrated how to cut a fringe.

At the moment I am just going to let my hair grow,interested to see what colour it is,I have had my hair coloured and highlighted at the Hairdressers for years.So no idea how much is grey!

ThisLittlePiggy Wed 01-Apr-20 18:36:54

I had my hair cut just before the lockdown so ok for now. If we're still in this position in six weeks I will cut the fringe myself.

Lizbethann55 Wed 01-Apr-20 23:18:47

I don't worry about myself. My hair is still naturally brown and a curly, wavy mess most of the time anyway and I can just about get to my toenails. But I do worry about my DH. He has a mass of fast growing white hair which was just getting to that "nearly needs a cut" stage when we went into lockdown. And he has Dennis Healey eyebrows!! He will look like Grizzly Adams by the time this is over!