Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Lights in skies during COVID19

(27 Posts)
Anne107 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:35:37

Quite a lot of satellites have been put in place now in our skies. I only discovered this a few days ago believing the lights were the Lyrids meteor shower. My brother and sister both seen these lights. Apparently more and more satellites are due to be put up in our skies within the coming months. Of course all this is to strengthen our internet connection so we are told as societies as we know it are now moving towards more advanced intelligence programmes. The satellites are designed to beam down an internet signal to the entire planet. Call me paranoid but I cannot help linking all this activity with the covid19! Just all seems so coincidental! What’s your views?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/23/starlink-satellites-tracker-elon-musk-launching-satellites-make-money-12598171/

https://youtu.be/pVyMtlkcbvc

Hetty58 Fri 24-Apr-20 09:08:25

Paranoia?

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 24-Apr-20 09:10:38

Coincidence, it takes a very long time to construct and launch these satellites, I spent a lot of time this week looking for them, I just got a crick in my neck for my troubles!

Chewbacca Fri 24-Apr-20 09:13:45

Not another conspiracy theory! sad

mcem Fri 24-Apr-20 09:14:43

Do you think they might also be programmed to drop infected tissues in order to spread the virus?
Scaremongering nonsense!
Don't disseminate this rubbish!

trisher Fri 24-Apr-20 09:20:49

I once met a taxi driver who told me that the white trails in the sky showed where planes had been spraying or dropping chemicals which helped control us! I suppose they have gone now, not enough planes flying, but have been replaced with satelittes. Wooo hmm

tanith Fri 24-Apr-20 09:27:29

?I’ll have to think about this one ?

Elegran Fri 24-Apr-20 09:30:50

More likely to be manned by little green men waiting for us all to succumb to the virus so that they can colonise a conveniently empty habitable planet. They even have a suitably named fifth column in place in environmental circles and politics, ready to annihilate any stragglers who linger on.
grin (smiley added in case anyone takes that explanation seriously)

henetha Fri 24-Apr-20 09:46:35

Seriously? Crikey.....

TwiceAsNice Fri 24-Apr-20 09:52:04

I watched the satellites in the sky a few nights ago. They were one behind the other following a loop . They looked like a train in perfect line, they are being called a train satellite formation. It was really amazing to watch. It lasted a few nights and will come round again in about 2 months time. Been planned for a long time, no conspiracy theory here. Daughter is a scientist she read up on it

Eglantine21 Fri 24-Apr-20 09:58:09

My OH worked for a big telecommunications company and programmed the satellite payloads.(no I don’t understand it either)

After he stopped laughing he assured me that you can’t project a virus from a satellite.

??‍♂️????‍♂️

Elegran Fri 24-Apr-20 10:53:20

henetha there are always people who believe everything someone cooks up for them. Why not my little green men theory? It is backed up by there being a real political/environmental party/movement with a relevant name, after all, and the environment has benefitted from the enforced lessening of pollution. The little green men from Mars would have an improved planet to take over, with the inconvenient parasitic humans cleared off it! That is all it needs for someone to link them together into a conspiracy! No more is needed. Stand by for that conspiracy to go viral! You heard it here first! Be ready to contradict it and point out the source of the fake news.

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 11:02:07

We came from Mars in the first place Elegran
At least men are supposed to have done.

I prefer the theories about Sirius myself.

growstuff Fri 24-Apr-20 12:29:44

Some of them are Lyrids meteor show.

MaizieD Fri 24-Apr-20 13:38:43

Quite a lot of satellites have been put in place now in our skies.

That's one rather understated way of putting it!

It's hard to get a definitive figure with just a web search, but since the first one went up in 1957 (remember Sputnik?) there's been at least 3 - 4,000 more sent into space since then. Plus there's loads of debris from space missions...

I wouldn't worry too much about the latest ones grin

Gummie Fri 24-Apr-20 16:26:09

It’s the space X satellites

Chestnut Fri 24-Apr-20 16:59:46

This reminds me of Lauren (Catherine Tate) doing her online class with a teacher (David Tennant) last night. She insisted they social distance (over the computer) because they could catch the virus from each other, and then she put a mask on and reminded her teacher there were computer viruses. It was very funny ??
And no, satellites cannot beam down a virus. Mobile phone signals cannot spread the virus. And it is not possible to catch the virus from seeing covid patients on TV.

PamelaJ1 Fri 24-Apr-20 17:43:58

Wasn’t it something to do with Elon Musk? He’s launching thousands apparantly.

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 20:57:41

Has he gone up in one of them?

?

growstuff Fri 24-Apr-20 21:00:52

Nah, it was lizards sprinking Coronadust on earth.

growstuff Fri 24-Apr-20 21:02:08

5G masts have been programmed to catch the Coronadust and distribute it where needed.

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 21:05:49

Well, Arthur C Clarke thought viruses came from outer space.

I wouldn't discount it!

rubysong Fri 24-Apr-20 21:09:04

Never mind we'll all be fine once we've had our Domestos injections and strong light inside our bodies. I'm a bit concerned about what route the Donald has in mind for administering that!

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 21:12:47

I quite fancy the ultraviolet light theory.

I've been sitting in the sun a lot, hoping it will go through to my innards.

quizqueen Fri 24-Apr-20 21:14:25

Probably there to spy on us.