Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Media Virus - are we being manipulated?

(39 Posts)
NannyC2 Wed 27-May-20 12:41:30

Last night someone recommended I watch an interview given by Anna Brees.

youtu.be/M-nu8j5_OiE

It certainly was an eye opener including how we have been receiving hard hitting messaging, how Covid was entered on some death certificates when it wasn't what the person died of, stories of ventilators being used when they were not needed, opinions of some in 'scientific circles' being removed from sites - and more.
Reference to the 'Corbett Report' who I had not heard of before. H the WHO should not be the 'Oracle' who you have to go to (reasons are given).
Where do you go to for trusted advice was discussed as well as the NUJ (National Union of Journalists).
The person doing the interview was a 'breath of fresh air.' She is a journalist, neither from the Right or the Left - she just cares about the well being of her children and the real need for truth!
It is rather a lengthy interview but would be interested in people's views, having watched?

Grannyjay Thu 28-May-20 08:25:07

Lucky girl Thankyou for your comment. I found it to be well balanced.

Gaunt47 Thu 28-May-20 08:31:04

The OP asks 'are we being manipulated?' and my answer is yes we are.
The forum Lockdown Sceptics has been my sanctuary during this madness. World wide investigations, interviews and statistics are cited giving a much better overview of the Covid situation than that available on MSM in this country.

MaizieD Thu 28-May-20 09:38:18

Can any of the sceptics explain what we are being manipulated for? What is the desired end result?

Doodledog Thu 28-May-20 11:07:47

Can any of the sceptics explain what we are being manipulated for? What is the desired end result?

I would be interested to know this, too.

I can't play the video just now, as I need to have the sound off on my computer.

Furret Thu 28-May-20 12:02:57

Eloethan my post wasn’t intended to be either.

MayBee70 Thu 28-May-20 12:44:29

Is the OP herself trying to manipulate us also I ask myself?

NannyC2 Thu 28-May-20 14:40:51

I would never try to manipulate anyone, Maybee70 - we all have free wills to choose.
I am trying to convey that in our world things are changing to establish a different type of world order by some very powerful people - and not for the better!
Please, just research and discover more information.

Did you know, Dr John Lee, a pathologist tells us The way ‘Covid deaths’ are being counted is a national scandal and that we have no idea how many lives have really been lost to the disease. He and many of his colleagues really dismayed by changes introduced during the epidemic which mean that pathology has not been able to play the role that it should have in helping to understand the new disease.
He wants proper information to inform responses to the virus, both clinical and societal and says we have no idea how many deaths attributed to Covid 19 really were due to the disease.
Sherelle Jacobs a Telegraph Columnist 28th May (today), says the lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is a world scandal and that 'there is still not a shred of real proof that the planet's reckless stay-at-home experiment made any difference and says that a University of the East Anglia study posits that Europe's “stay-at-home policies” were not effective.
Nobel prize-winning bio-physicist Michael Levitt also throws interesting informing on the disease.
I myself, am not an expert, but my point is, don't take one point of view before exploring what other experts have to say.
My boss told me in my working days -- 'to reason without data is delusion.'

Doodledog Thu 28-May-20 15:12:07

This is all very theoretical, though.

It may be true, but without any context it is difficult to see what you are driving at, NannyC2.

Who is behind what? What is the plot hoping to achieve? Why might there be vested interests (invested in what?) who benefit from a lockdown, or from faked death rates?

Without any idea of any of those things, it is difficult to know where to start, really.

Furret Fri 29-May-20 07:24:27

Sherelle Jacobs! Don’t make me laugh ?

This is the sane Sherelle Jacobs the climate change denier?
The one no science qualifications?

I think you need to question the qualifications of your characters and learn to distinguish between fact and opinion.

Furret Fri 29-May-20 07:25:08

And I need to proof read my posts!

Davidhs Fri 29-May-20 07:56:24

Of course we are being manipulated that’s what politicians do, in the case of Covid 19 there was absolutely no preparation for a pandemic and the government was very slow to react. Because they were slow we where are the back of the queue for PPE.

They do not have a clue how many of the general population have been exposed to virus, we will probably never know. February onwards a large number of us had symptoms that are now being named as Covid19 symptoms, including myself. My OH just had a headache for 2 days but undoubtedly was exposed to virus, when I phoned my GP, his reply was take Paracetamol and call back if you have difficulty breathing.

The latest “World beating” contact tracing is just playing catch-up, being seen doing something. As it’s voluntary it relies on 2 volunteers getting close, most of us have no idea who we are passing next to in the queue or the street.

BlueBelle Fri 29-May-20 08:19:31

I m not a disbeliever of this awful virus but I do think worldwide panic and hysteria travel faster than the virus itself and I also believe that for some the cure can be more damaging than the disease itself
Yes we have been badly manipulated and the figures of everything are suspect not least the testing which has been abysmal (double counting just one manipulation )

David we did actually have an excellent preparation for the pandemic which was practiced I think annually but this government dropped it with their total disinterest in the NHS But guess who used it ...Singapore Yes Singapore took our model and ran with it and have done brilliantly
I totally agree that this track and trace is a totally joke and way way too late a complete shambles

dragonfly46 Fri 29-May-20 08:24:13

I think we are as much manipulated by the press as we are by the government!