Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Kate Garroway

(81 Posts)
MissAdventure Fri 05-Jun-20 15:02:39

She has remained very dignified throughout everything, but was interviewed about her husband.

It's worth watching, because she gives some good (if upsetting) insight to the effects of the virus.

www.itv.com/news/2020-06-05/coronavirus-kate-garraway-wants-just-one-more-miracle-for-hospitalised-husband/

BlueSky Wed 24-Mar-21 12:50:44

This story made me think of all the people who have to care for seriously ill loved ones and unable to get them all the help money can buy. sad

BlueBelle Wed 24-Mar-21 13:24:52

Have we got another thread on this I wrote on one this morning

BlueSky Wed 24-Mar-21 13:27:47

Yes BlueBelle one called Kate Garraway and this one Kate Garraway...confused

BlueSky Wed 24-Mar-21 13:28:58

Damn and this one Kate Garroway!

BlueBelle Wed 24-Mar-21 13:46:19

This is what I wrote on the other one in case that has dropped off the newsfeed

I thought it was a beautiful documentary and whilst heartbreakingly sad had so much hope and deep love within it that it made it a programmer to inspire
What a lovely ordinary down to earth lady she is, apart from her large house you d never think she’s a well known, probably well off, personality.
The programme had no acting in it, it was as it was, she hadn’t tidied the house or coached the kids or even done her hair at times
It was incredibly sad but her love for him could not be acted and for me it shone through like a beacon
That poor man so locked in, in all senses of the word and still got another nine months in hospital I truly hope he regains as much of himself as possible and they carry on a good life together
A sad but totally inspiring programme

I wonder what it is that’s makes this illness such a lottery The two identical twins that they showed, one got better after 8 days the other one still struggling I m sure the scientist will find a clue soon