Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Covid vaccines consultation

(64 Posts)
M0nica Fri 18-Sep-20 20:05:57

Well, they do because they were the alternative government we would have had if this lot hadn't got in.

growstuff Fri 18-Sep-20 19:27:40

This government has done quite a lot I would have previously thought ludicrous. Those guidelines will need to be updated on 1 January 2021.

Corbyn and the Labour Party have nothing to do with it.

M0nica Fri 18-Sep-20 19:05:02

if you are concerned about the licensing procedures for medecines in the UK, here is a link ot the procedure www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-licence-to-market-a-medicine-in-the-uk#which-procedure-to-follow .

I am no fan of this government, but to suggest that it would subvert the licensing procedures for drugs - or that members of the Advisory Board would permit it, strikes me as ludicrous. I would add, I doubt if even, under Mr Corbyn, the Labour party would hsae contempleted it either.

Jane10 Fri 18-Sep-20 16:57:05

There you go again WWM2. It's perfectly possible to be unhappy with the elements of all political parties.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 18-Sep-20 15:08:01

Jane10

*WWM2*- ridiculous generalisation. Just because you think something doesn't mean that 'the vast majority of the country think the same'.
I'm sure we've all, somehow, picked up that you're not keen on the government!

I would make sure of your facts before you jump in with both feet.
Opinion poll published in the observer

Most people would prefer a different prime minister.

Most people see him as incompetent

More people thought Johnson was untrustworthy

More people see him as a weak leader

More people see him as out of touch with ordinary folk.

He scores low on thinks like getting things done, standing up for the U.K. etc

You are correct, I am not keen on Johnson’s government. Frankly I would worry about my moral compass if I was prepared to vote for such a lying, incompetent charlatan.

growstuff Fri 18-Sep-20 14:39:50

How do you justify the lying and the cronyism or don't you think it's happening?

growstuff Fri 18-Sep-20 14:38:04

Ah well! Maybe it's just the two of us Whitewave but I doubt it somehow.

I seriously don't know how anybody could be keen on this government Jane10, but each to their own I suppose.

Jane10 Fri 18-Sep-20 14:28:30

WWM2- ridiculous generalisation. Just because you think something doesn't mean that 'the vast majority of the country think the same'.
I'm sure we've all, somehow, picked up that you're not keen on the government!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 18-Sep-20 14:19:36

growstuff

This is the link:

www.gov.uk/government/consultations/distributing-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu/consultation-document-changes-to-human-medicine-regulations-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines

I would want to know more about the UK licensing authorities before I accepted any vaccine. It really has got to the stage where I don't trust the motivation of anything this government says or does. I have never felt this way before.

Add me to that thought.

I disbelieve everything they do or say, and I’m sure there are the vast majority of people in this country who feel the same.

growstuff Fri 18-Sep-20 14:18:24

SNAP MiniMoon

growstuff Fri 18-Sep-20 14:17:38

This is the link:

www.gov.uk/government/consultations/distributing-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19-and-flu/consultation-document-changes-to-human-medicine-regulations-to-support-the-rollout-of-covid-19-vaccines

I would want to know more about the UK licensing authorities before I accepted any vaccine. It really has got to the stage where I don't trust the motivation of anything this government says or does. I have never felt this way before.

MiniMoon Fri 18-Sep-20 14:14:55

Here is the link to the full document

Whitewavemark2 Fri 18-Sep-20 13:54:59

That is so the government can give us unlicensed vaccine.

Jaxjacky Fri 18-Sep-20 13:49:47

Sorry can’t do a proper link, someone else feel free.