Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Trumps Drive By

(262 Posts)
suziewoozie Sun 04-Oct-20 23:31:28

Did this really happen or have I fallen down the rabbit hole?

MaizieD Mon 05-Oct-20 11:08:22

Because White House spokespeople never lie...

Whitewavemark2 Mon 05-Oct-20 11:08:46

Urmstongran

White House spokesman Judd Deere said the drive had been “cleared by the medical team as safe” and that “appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the president and all those supporting it, including PPE.”

Never believe anything coming out of the WH!! The doctors in fact said the total opposite

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 11:08:51

Urmstongran

White House spokesman Judd Deere said the drive had been “cleared by the medical team as safe” and that “appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the president and all those supporting it, including PPE.”

???????

Urmstongran Mon 05-Oct-20 11:09:39

He's not treating POTUS he is one of probably 50 attending physicians at Walter Reed. Do you actually believe that the POTUS has not had Secret Service protection at Walter Reed? That for the last 3 days the POTUS has only had them standing out in the hallway while unknown numbers of medical personnel have gone in and out of the room? Really?

I would be surprised if there hasn't been SS taking shifts and staying in his his room with him 24/7. This rant is absolutely ridiculous.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 11:11:29

biba70

OH FFS Urmston sad

X a zillion

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 05-Oct-20 11:12:47

I'm not convinced he has had it - it's a ploy for the sympathy vote. If perchance I am wrong, I hope he recovers and finds humility!!

cc Mon 05-Oct-20 11:13:35

Everything CarlyD7 said. Personally I think of him as little short of criminal.

Theoddbird Mon 05-Oct-20 11:14:11

I worry about those at the White House the other day...crowds in the garden and then all of them inside....not one wearing a mask and no social distancing. Goodness knows how many have now got the virus...

jaylucy Mon 05-Oct-20 11:21:30

Who in their right mind, when suffering from an infectious illness such as Covid would be leaving their house anyway ? Even to the point of doing an apparently heavily edited press conference?
Sorry, but we can quite honestly do without seeing him for several days. At least Johnson kept himself to himself and allowed other people to stand in for him - even though one was not where he originally said he was, so didn't actually appear!

OmaforMaya Mon 05-Oct-20 11:27:59

suziewoozie

The people in the hermetically sealed car with him - even though they wearing PPE ?Let’s just say it - the world wound be s better place without this truly evil man.

That is a despicable thing to say about anyone....no matter how stupid you say they are. Disgusting.

maddyone Mon 05-Oct-20 11:30:23

I have only one word: UNBELIEVABLE!

Unfortunately it’s true.

crazygranny Mon 05-Oct-20 11:32:32

Trump's only concern is himself. Wickedly putting others at risk for a meaningless gesture is a typical action. How on earth can he claim that he 'gets it' now!

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 11:43:34

OmaforMaya

suziewoozie

The people in the hermetically sealed car with him - even though they wearing PPE ?Let’s just say it - the world wound be s better place without this truly evil man.

That is a despicable thing to say about anyone....no matter how stupid you say they are. Disgusting.

I’m angry on behalf of the people in the car (aren’t you) whom DT deliberately wickedly and knowingly put at risk for his own evil benefit. What is wrong either morally or factually in saying the world would be a better place without him - I think he’s on quite a long list.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 05-Oct-20 11:44:04

Tweet by a doctor.

Leana Wen, M.D.
@DrLeanaWen
·
11h
If
@realDonaldTrump
were my patient, in unstable condition + contagious illness, & he suddenly left the hospital to go for a car ride that endangers himself & others:

I'd call security to restrain him then perform a psychiatric evaluation to examine his decision-making capacity.

Whatdayisit Mon 05-Oct-20 11:47:05

Thanks for this thread Suziewoozie.
I agree with every word you have put.

Personally i think the whole farce is fake news. I doubt that he has even contracted the virus.
It's an insult to everyone in the world who has had there lives affected by Covid19.

A few weeks ago i was having a smear done by a nurse who had been nursing since she was 17 and was now in her 60s waiting to retire. I was just making conversation saying who would have ever thought Trump would be president and Boris PM and what sort of world have we become.
This long serving nurse said she likes Trump. I thought God really help us then. The contempt that man shows for humanity and this planet is disgusting. I can't believe that there are older women in this country who defend and like him.
If there really was a God this thread wouldn't exist.

Rosalyn69 Mon 05-Oct-20 11:53:01

I’m afraid I don’t believe a word of any of it. Sounds like a huge publicity stunt. The man is certifiable.

Panda25 Mon 05-Oct-20 11:53:50

Why is there no mention of his wife. She was diagnosed with covid too

MamaCaz Mon 05-Oct-20 11:54:21

The man is evil, and also crazy, unstable, call it what you will, which makes him extremely dangerous.
He cares about no one but himself, and will seemingly stop at nothing to get his way.

As the American president, Trump is in a position to stir up unrest across the entire world, either unwittingly or deliberately if it suits his own purposes, something that could have dreadful repercussions for every single one of us, not just for America.

For goodness sake, just look at how he goads people in his own country, mocking those who don't worship him, and instantly lashes out at anyone who dares to question him, and has deliberately stirring up unrest there as part of his quest to get re-elected

Despicable to believe that the world would be a better/safer place without such a man?
I beg to differ!

JenniferEccles Mon 05-Oct-20 12:05:17

It’s ridiculous to claim that he isn’t really ill and the whole thing is a fabrication.

Those of you who state that must then believe that the medics at the hospital have agreed to be part of the lie.

Do you really think that is likely?

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised though as the same idiotic claims were made when Boris was ill.

Rosalyn69 Mon 05-Oct-20 12:10:14

If he is genuinely ill he should have the decency to stay is isolation and stop making an ass of himself.
Can’t he occupy himself running the country rather than going on motoring jaunts?

Sparklefizz Mon 05-Oct-20 12:10:30

I think Trump has dementia.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 12:21:28

The problem is JE that doctors have (well let’s put it this way) been not telling the full truth and DJ is a world class serial liar about everything.

LauraNorder Mon 05-Oct-20 12:27:47

suziewoozie

I have to say I’m astonished at words like stupid idiot etc being used to condemn him. What would be have to do for some of you to say exactly what he is - eat babies?

Trump is not evil, he doesn’t eat babies, chop off heads or beat his children.
He is stupid in that he lacks the intelligence to govern, to recognise the impact of his Covid-19 denial or the impact of seeming to support extreme racist groups.
Evil is easily recognisable and he wouldn’t have become President.
Stupid is far less obvious and therefore far more dangerous.
So I stand by my original comment the man is stupid and you ‘can’t cure stoopid‘.

3nanny6 Mon 05-Oct-20 12:33:28

Donald Trump is only showboating this farcical story to rally up his election votes and add to his chances of getting re-elected.
The media are playing on all this attention and building a story about lies and deceit.
It totally disrespects the millions that have lost their lives due to the harshness of this disease and all the families that are still grieving.
He should be taken to a deserted island and left there with food supplies etc; and we can all forget about him.

suziewoozie Mon 05-Oct-20 12:35:43

He’s evil - calling him stupid is letting him off the hook. I’ll accept he could be both but being evil requires a special sort of stupid.