Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Tiered Lockdown Not Enough

(56 Posts)
Daisymae Wed 21-Oct-20 17:15:35

The tiered lockdown is not enough according to the experts reporting today. If they are anywhere near correct this is going to be a difficult few months.
www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/21/warning-of-tens-of-thousands-of-deaths-in-england-from-covid-19-second-wave

M0nica Sun 25-Oct-20 19:44:25

I must say I have seen very little egregious flouting of rules. A little discrete bending in places, but that is all.

Astral Sun 25-Oct-20 19:59:49

I've seen a lot of rule flouting and had a lot of down nose looks for not wanting to take my children here there and everywhere and live life as normal. I've turned down birthday parties and going out for meals and drinks even before the numbers started rising because I could see it coming and didn't want to be one of the numbers or responsible for adding any more.

We've had lots of bonding time and I'm happy in the day, the evenings everything gets on top of me a bit but I really don't want covid.

maddyone Sun 25-Oct-20 20:02:44

My daughter refused to allow her little daughter who’s six years old, to go to a birthday party as there were going to be adults present plus more than six children. My daughter is a doctor and she cannot be seen to be breaking the rules. She then had to explain to her tearful little girl just why she couldn’t go to the party. Her own three year old celebrated his third birthday recently, with no celebration. Given we are in a Tier One area, family members were able to call round with gifts and cards separately. Our little grandson loved it, his birthday lasted all week and he got two birthday cakes and to blow candles out many times. Bless his little cotton socks.

Astral Sun 25-Oct-20 20:11:52

Maddyone I've said no to the park outside school so many times. It feels awful but I find it irritating knowing the school is enforcing social distancing and bubbles and working really hard and then they all come out and mix, parents and children, in view of the school gates.

maddyone Mon 26-Oct-20 10:34:38

Yes Astral it’s very difficult isn’t it? When we’ve done childcare we have taken our grandchildren to the park, but we socially distance from any parents or grandparents. I insist the children use sanitiser before we get back in the car. We did childcare over half term last week. We took the children to the New Forest one day. No need to socially distance as no one was there. We did a variety of indoor activities and my husband played football and cricket with the boys, but we did include park visits as well. But of course, we were not in a big crowd such as outside schools at home time.