Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Lockdown Gang - Keep Calm and Carry On

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Thu 22-Oct-20 13:14:46

Or to give it its full title , The Keep calm and carry on shielding crew.
Our forth thread. Who would have believed it.
Welcome all

Doodle Tue 24-Nov-20 13:51:26

dragonfly did you have your last treatment yesterday? Hope it’s now over and you can relax a bit.
Missedout any improvement in your thumb?
I am off to wash my hair. Bought some new hair gadget and over did the curling bit. blush. Just call me Shirley Temple !

Nortsat Tue 24-Nov-20 15:55:37

Good afternoon gangsters, I am not feeling great today and am in bed, but I can’t sleep, so I’ll catch up with everyone.

Mammissimo do you now have a gleaming oven, courtesy of a hedonist in full PPE (I cant quite shake off that image).
Afternoon Cheery ... sounding a little bit Tigger-ish ?
Bradfordlass well done on calming the distressed young man, it was brave. You don’t need me to tell you it was risky ... you already know that.
I am troubled by the ‘ironic comment’ made by your home care helper. Is she doing what she wants to do ... irrespective of what you want/need her to do? I still wonder whether a tactful word, obviously not a complaint, to her Agency might help?
Your post war memories evoked similar ones in me ... Monday washing day, the wash house in the yard, the mangle.. the coal man, the milkman, the fish man... thank you. I am sure your ‘memory books’ will be treasured by your family.
Oh, Doodle what a clever and funny writer you are. I was really laughing in places. It was like reading an article in the Travel Section of the Guardian.
What an interesting and intrepid trip. I loved your photos, they were really spectacular and wonderful and who could expect to see such animals in such close proximity. Imagine being that close to a wolf or a lynx.
We went to Norway on a cruise, which was much more sedate.
Grammaretto sorry to hear MrG had a rough day and a fall. You must be worn out with worry, I am so sorry ?
Wonderful that your DGS achieved a distinction in his piano exam. Is he doing his grades? Remind me how old he is?
Good afternoon to Nfkdumpling, Panache and Missedout.
Thank you for entertaining me, gangsters and stopping me feeling sorry for myself. Have a pleasant evening everyone and hopefully a comfortable night. ?

BradfordLass73 Tue 24-Nov-20 19:23:28

Nortsat Best place for a body when they're not feeling great, is bed. I hope you feel better soon. Is someone looking after you? Bringing tea and comfort and gin smile

Is that gorgeous photo one you took on your Norway cruise?
I should have loved to go to one or any of the Scandinavian countries and once, when I had a little windfall, I planned for us to go to Denmark. Life intervened, as it so often does and my DH ended up going alone. sad

I'm trying not to be too hard on Hanna. As I wasn't feeling too great on the day I was taken for a ride smile.
Normally we'd go for vegetables, to change library books, buy fish, go to the Post Office, Pharmacy etc but I wasn't up to it so we had time-in-hand after the indoor jobs were finished.
You may remember she wanted to learn how to make tuna quiche? I said I could show her but she rejected that idea and suggested we go out.
It was my fault entirely for not telling her 'go ONLY to the park'.
Hanna is from Seoul and I now suspect her heart's delight is hanging out at a Mall. It is my idea of hell.

ShirleyTemple I'm greatly looking forward to Part Two and indeed any other reminiscences you can entertain us with (without giving too much away to Facebook).
Please thank your DH for permission to put his beautiful photo in my journal.
Years from now, my descendants will learn about "Doodle's DH's Huskies" photo. grin

Do you have 'Up and Go' in the UK? It's a soy protein based drink meant to replace any meal when you can't face solids.
I'm trying it.

Thinking of you all on this dull, cold day when the Met Office has just issued a Severe Weather Warning for Auckland. shock
Stay warm and safe gangsters.

Doodle Tue 24-Nov-20 20:16:23

Oh Nortsat I’m sorry your not feeling your best today. Bed is probably the best place for you. I am sending Jeeves round to plump up your pillows.
Talking of these memories of the milk man and the wash days and the mangles (my grandma lost the top of her thumb in a mangle). Do any of your remember the people who used to come round selling roast chestnuts and the rag and bone man with his horse and cart.
I’m pleased you liked my story part one and glad it made you laugh. When I read your comment “we went to Norway on a cruise, it was much more sedate” I started laughing too. Wait till you read my Northern Lights adventures part two - the cruising years grin
That’s a lovely photo you included. Where is it?
Hope you have a good night tonight and feel better tomorrow.
Bradfordlass you are very kind to Hanna but don’t forget she is supposed to be helping you. Hope you are feeling better.
Sorry Bradfordlass when you wrote Up and Go it immediately made me think of a suppository blush .
I hope you don’t have bad storms. Keep yourself safe.
Cherry hope you are ok, you too Dragonfly

CherryCezzy Tue 24-Nov-20 20:59:25

Oh Grammaretto I'm so sorry to hear that Mr G fell out of bed. How on earth did that happen? Being an independent soul possibly probably ... ? I hope he's not injured from it. It must have shaken him, all of you really. I'm so pleased that your DS was on hand to help. You didn't get much sleep after it happened either did you. I really hope today has been a better day for you both and you can sleep easier tonight flowers.
Has the cornicing been dealt with, I hope so. Is that the last part of the repair job? Obviously, it'll be good to have the work done and out of the way.

I've been thinking of your hammock idea. It could work but only as long as it's tethered so it can't sway and is inches from the floor rather than high up from the floor and is indoors ?.
I'm not sure about the padded suit Doodle, not because I don't think it would be helpful but because I'd definitely get too hot! ?

Wow Doodle what an adventure (in more ways than one) in your Quest to see the Northern Lights and that's just part one ?. Apart from anything else (and there was plenty of else) it's a perfect demonstration that there's no accounting for, or controlling, the weather.
I must admit, and sorry my mind does this from time to time, I kept thinking of the song "don't you eat the yellow snow" through parts of your saga ?. Between your concerns about the availability of toilets and the Huskies, of course, I just couldn't help myself ?. Still, you can say with utmost certainty it's a holiday you won't (haven't) forget. It does sound like there were some lovely highlights, the Husky ride, seeing beautiful wolves, bears and lynx that close up ?
Thank you for sharing your experience with us Doodle ? I've read your saga twice and will read it again. You are an excellent storyteller ?

Grammaretto Tue 24-Nov-20 22:01:24

Since last night, a side has been fitted to MrG's bed to prevent further falls. DD has arrived and will sleep in the room with her dad allowing me a night in our own room.
All the DC are very considerate and devoted to their dad. They are also very shocked at his rapid decline.
He had a teaspoon of soup, a tsp of fish pie and the same of rice pudding all day. DiL sent him a soft merino blanket.
I managed a walk with my walking pal while the DC were here. I'm trying to take a day at a time.

I am very much looking forward to your next instalment Doodle. The first was a marvellous read.

I have never been in a cruise nor an organised tour apart from exchange tours to our Twin Town in France.

I hope you feel a bit better now Nortsat
The musical DGS is 13 and it was grade 6 piano. He also plays clarinet and saxaphone. His younger sis plays recorder and flute. DH was a choirboy and has sung all his life but not me. I'm probably tone deaf though I used to be in a community choir. All our DC can sing but none pursued their music.

CherryCezzy Tue 24-Nov-20 22:05:13

? must've pressed the send button before the phone rang ?

Mamissimo, your suggestion for a matriarchal world order is just what my mother thought should happen. I remember being sat in her house with her, my aunt and my SiL and having a conversation about this very matter. My SiL who was fiercely independent and in so many ways self reliant was very much in agreement but a little astonished I think by some of my mother's quite radical thinking. My mother never saw herself as a radical ?

I think it's a bit late to place my bet now BradfordLass but I think all our gang would have bet the same way about Hanna. Can she really be that slow on the uptake do you think? It doesn't seem a wilful disregard of your wishes .... I'm getting lost for ideas about how you can "get through" to her, except for that letter.
I'm pleased that you've kept all your diaries and have essentially written an autobiography and and have had copies bound. To be honest having got to know a bit about you by now I'm not surprised ?. I was thinking, however, more along the lines of a collation of things like the illustration of the dragonfly and a written "short* in a memory/scrap book. It is something I have recently decided to do and at the moment I am gathering "bits and pieces" in one place before I select exactly what I'm going to include. I've asked ? for a couple of scrap/memory books.
It's incredible now to think that many young people have no idea what a mangle or dolly tub is or understand the concept of rationing books or the fact there was no NHS nor education post 14 years of age for the many etc etc etc.

Nortsat I hope you are feeling better tomorrow ?
Surprisingly I am feeling more Tiggerish, despite having another seizure (which I didn't mention because I felt okay) and falling out of bed the night before last. I fell out unintentionally taking the duvet with me so didn't end up injured - ker-ching! ? It happened less than an hour after I went to sleep so that most likely had something to do with it not affecting me too much. If only they, apart from falling out of bed at all, all happened like that.

Yes Shirley I remember the rag 'n' bone man with a horse and cart. There is still a rag 'n' bone man who comes round where I live but he has a van. I remember the chestnut sellers too. Eek, Doodle your poor grandmother, ouch! The husband of a cousin of my mother's cut though the tendon of his thumb and index finger cutting a pomegranate in half, that was bad enough.

On a happier note I started a new piece of non art today and so far, it's early days, it's okay(ish) which is the best ai can ever hope for ? ?

Off to get hot chocolate now since I think others are more in need of Jeeves' help than I am.
Night gang ?

Doodle Tue 24-Nov-20 22:17:02

Cherry you have all been very kind. I’m glad you liked my saga. We have laughed about it quite a lot from the safety of our own home when we got back. DH and I have got ourselves in some predicaments in the past but have learnt now we are not as young and agile as we used to be. Yes there was quite a bit of yellow snow around the huskies but I’m pleased to say DH and I managed to keep control ?
I have often fancied a hammock but like you I wouldn’t like it far off the ground. Yes those padded suits were certainly warm but needed with so much snow around ?
Grammaretto I am so pleased you will have a night in your own bed tonight and hopefully get some well earned rest.
Lovely your DD has arrived. I imagine it does all your DC good to feel they are spending time with their dad and being of help. It must be very upsetting that MrG isn’t able to manage to eat much. I hope he isn’t in any pain and is comfortable.
Your family are certainly musical. It must be nice to play an instrument. Apart from my triangle, I haven’t mastered anything ?
Panache hope things are going as well as they can and that MrP is now on his steroids.
Thinking of you all
Sleep well dear gangsters.

BradfordLass73 Wed 25-Nov-20 04:57:13

Mamissimo There's a matriarchal society from whom we could learn a great deal.
Their philosophies on marriage and child rearing have not only been successful for generations but avoided many of the pitfalls we impose when we follow the Western model.
. They are the Mosuo.

Until the Chinese government began using them as a tourist attraction, they lived quiet, rural lives but I fear tourism will corrupt their whole culture in time. sad as foreign men now visit and demand sex. angry

What with Up&Go suppositories and yellow snow, I've been blush blush as I read these posts - you naughty grannies. wink grin

Grammaretto I hope your wonderful DC are sparing some sympathy for you too as you struggle down this awfully difficult road.
All too often children, of any age, have no inkling of the pain and grief their parents are desperately trying to spare them by covering up.
One day at a time is wise.

Cherry You were probably joking about the hammock but it sent me off to research and indeed there are low hammocks, in square frames; some net, some material.
Size depends on need.
The sleeper adjust the height and tension but the idea is to slumber in the middle of a slight depression. Like sleeping in a volcanic cone grin

From what I saw, it would be very hard to fall out of a wider one, even in the midst of a seizure.
There's even a YouTube video showing how to construct one. It's outside and bigger than one would need in a bedroom - but basically the same.
No padded suit, just normal bedding.

I have a lot of my artworks and photographs in storage (like this one of my sister-in-law, taken in 2013). But to put them into scrapbooks when I already have 42 A4 ring-binder files in big plastic boxes, would mean more storage and I don't have the space.

I don't know if it's slow on the uptake with Hanna but she perfectly embodies the phrase, 'in one ear and out the other.' smile

I've decided to hang on a bit longer, at least until Christmas, because I'm hoping Karen will come back soon.
Then I'll just have Hanna on Fridays for bed-changing, library and shopping.

I decided this because just recently here and elsewhere, I've been too swift to complain. I'm not usually a whining or curmudgeonly person (though I can be); I think it's the after- effects of the dratted virus.

So from now on, everything is sweetness and light sunshine sunshine sunshine and I'm patient and tolerant with everyone. wink

Nortsat Are you feeling better today? I do hope so, if not, have another dozing day, eh?.
Sleep that soothes away all our worries. Sleep that puts each day to rest. Sleep that relieves the weary labourer and heals hurt minds Good old Will, had an answer for everything.

If we had hot chestnut sellers I doubt my Mum would have bought from them as she used to do ours on the range.

I do remember onion sellers from Brittany and Roma ladies selling pegs and white heather.

Once when I was 5 or so, I got into trouble for answering the front door and taking the offered heather to my Mum in the kitchen. She was livid and told me to give it back. I was so apologetic and felt sorry for the lady.

There was also The Pot Man and The Pop Man. The first sold crockery from a slide-side truck similar to the one shown.
The other sold fizzy drinks in earthenware bottles and later glass.
I have a scar across my wrist from falling down steps with the latter when I was 'trying to help' grin
Dandelion & Burdock, made properly with the roots; Sarsaparilla; lemonade and American Cream Soda.

Stay snug and comfy by your firesides or in your beds dear gangsters: panache missedout Nfkdumpling and dragonfly. flowers thinking of you.

BradfordLass73 Wed 25-Nov-20 05:48:51

If you can find a version with subtitles 'Postmen in the Mountains' is definitely a feel good film.

I watched it with only the Chinese language, which of course I don't understand, but the photography is so beautifully enchanting that words don't really matter.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL30PsJ_7xE&t=1523s

NfkDumpling Wed 25-Nov-20 08:41:20

Morning All

I'm not dead yet! Actually all has been quite well, apart from the usual winter doldrums striking earlier than usual. I'm just popping in to say that I am still here. Been having trouble again with Sky and the internet and the fact it's nearly impossible to speak to a proper human being - or to get that human being to understand what I'm saying and not just read from a script! Luckily our present contract finishes in December so we're probably change to BT - provided they will get in touch with Open Reach to send a man to go up the pole and replace the 50+ year old wire to the house!

I will call in again later, when I've had a chance to read all the pages I've missed - which could take some time!

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:15:22

Thank you Bradfordlass for the picture of the dragonfly - they are a favourite of mine. Here is one I found in my garden in the summer.
Not sure what to do about your help. I rather think she has a thick skin and a mind of her own. I hope you managed to rein her in!

I loved your account of the Northern Lights (or lack of them) Doodle. I even read it out to DH.
We went to a friend's birthday party in Denmark and ended up at midnight in a strange town with no money, phone and no address of where we were staying. We had got on the wrong bus back and they put us off in an unknown place. Needless to say eventually we did get back.

Grammaretto I am sad to read of your DH's fast decline. It must be such a worry for you all.
Like you our favourite holidays were camping. We did it all our married life but it was especially good when we lived in Holland as we could travel to France in a day and a half. The children loved it and eventually we had a very luxurious setup with folding tent and electricity so not exactly roughing it.

Nortsat I am sorry to hear you are unwell. I hope you are feeling better now. Bed is the best place when things are rough especially at the moment.

Cherry good to see you cheery. There doesn't seem to be a solution to the falling out of bed problem. I hope you don't do it too often.

Good to see you NFK.

I finished my treatment on Monday so now I feel somewhat flat. My days were structured before and now it is even raining so we are not doing our usual trot round the block!
Still onwards and upwards - Iam thankful for what I have. I now have to weigh up the fors and againsts of the DC coming up for Christmas (if they want to that is).

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:16:18

How annoying I posted the wrong picture. Not a dragonfly but our granddoggy Dexter.

Izabella Wed 25-Nov-20 11:25:22

I would just like to say I have enjoyed indulging in this thread, albeit most content is now hazy or forgotten ........ sigh. However the northern lights did resonate in my long term memory. Some of you will know I backpacked all over the world on my own for years including a marvellous trip that included Manitoba and the wilds therein. I saw the lights several times in a place called Churchill although we had to be sure there were no polar bears roaming down the main street!! It was truly magical and hopefully something I will not forget for a long time. I also did several nighttime sled rides which was exhilarating and FAST. The dogs spooked twice due to polar bears in the forest but we all survived.

Sadly my solo travel days are over, but I do dream of once more going to our beloved NZ one last time. Truly grateful of our extended stay last year.

kittylester flowers.

To everyone else out there, follow your dreams for as long as you can and leave this world with memories not regrets.

Izabella Wed 25-Nov-20 11:27:25

My CH has just said 'I thought you said it was dragonfly who had her last treatment?' So dragonfly apologies and flowers

dragonfly46 Wed 25-Nov-20 11:45:20

Thank you Izabella always lovely to hear from you.

Panache Wed 25-Nov-20 11:48:22

A bright and beautiful start to the day,most uplifting even though on the cool side.

Good morning my gangster friends.

Am trying desperately to keep up with your various interesting happenings all,even part one of your great tales Doodle............but do forgive me for perhaps not always being right up there with each one of you.

Am truly so sorry hearing of your dear man`s fall out of bed,and his decline Grammaretto......... altogether so upsetting.Feeling very much for you,such a difficult time. Sending my love always.

How is the radiotherapy treatment going Dragonfly?........hopefully without any serious mishaps and fast nearing its end.

While you entertain us so well and also cater for us admirably dear Doodle I hope your own man is now on the road to improvement.......and staying there.

Dear Norstat having hopefully a peaceful day of rest will cater well for you,and you will again soon be feeling very much better.

So good having you in your typical cheery mood Cherry....... may you both stay well.

Thanks for the useful education that you always bring along with a ready smile Mamissimo

Whilst our Bradfordlass you keep me so well informed...........a shame I am unable to retain it all!!

Hopefully both your hand and your dear husband are very much better Missedout,whilst sending my very best to you NfkD

Life continues at snails pace here regarding my dear one,still no steroids,but at least we have a date for the bone scan.
No replies to our many `phone calls,we have learnt the secretary`s have been on leave(how that equates I do not know)
With much improved weather we enjoyed a short trip to our Broad Haven and actually had a short stroll on a deserted patch of sand!
A high price paid afterwards but it certainly was well worth it!!
Hair cuts today.......and should there be some oomph afterwards, hopefully I can nip in a shop to buy cards,stamps and a much needed and used diary.

My lack of sleep is being problematic yet again, so hopefully these spots of good old fresh air might help.
Between midnight and 3am my mind whirls like a much used computor!!

You are such an uplifting and amazing bunch of friends.............thank you Doodle for encircling us all with your loving guiding arm!!!
Take care all.

Grammaretto Wed 25-Nov-20 16:57:26

Hello dear gangsters,

I had to laugh when I realised that Dexter was not a dragonfly, Dragonfly!

What a treat to walk along a deserted beach. However to then read you paid a price for the pleasure.... Panache Keep looking after yourselves.

The doctor called again today and heaped praise on us for looking after MrG so well. It doesn't feel like that to me but at least he is here with us whereas if he were in hospital or in a hospice, who knows how little we would be able to see him in this dreadful world of covid.

DD sang to him today and he liked it.
I managed a walk too in cold sunshine.
I have asked the roof people not to come back just now to finish the job but to wait a few weeks.

I would love to read your next instalment Doodle
It does seem to be the calamities we remember rather than those times when everything goes according to plan.

BradfordLass73 Wed 25-Nov-20 19:01:17

dragonfly I looked at that photo of Dexter and searched hard for the dragonfly, thinking unprintable things about my sight grin Your correction gave me a good laugh! How is the lovely Dexter these days?

Hello Izabella and Panache so glad to see you, especially as Panache gives such a hopeful report about being able to go for a stroll at Broad Haven. Long may it continue smile Now, just the new chef to tackle!
This is an early post as I shall be out all day and probably exhausted when I get home.

Gubbins it seems, using her very strong legs, has manged to turn over from tummy to back.

Love to all

Doodle Wed 25-Nov-20 20:42:35

Doodle dashing in to say sorry I’m so late coming in today. DH and I have been doing my accounts training and I had just finished typing up my notes. I was planning to spend about an hour on my sewing when DH asked when dinner would be. I replied well not for a while yet it’s only 4.15. Not it’s not says DH it’s 6.45. ?. Our lounge clock had stopped.
Well what have you all been doing while I’ve been slaving over a hot computer?
bradfordlass that’s a very dramatic photo of your SIL. You must have quite a collection of prints.
I am biding my time and waiting to see how long this calm and collected version of Bradfordlass will put up with being force fed and taken on shopping trips ?
I will have a look at your link in a minute. ?
dragonfly you have no idea how long I searched that photo of Dexter looking for a dragonfly hidden away somewhere. I then came to the conclusion that you had been joking and that Dexter was the dragonfly. It didn’t actually occur to me that you’d posted the wrong picture ?. He is a lovely dog though.
I’m glad you enjoyed my story. The next episode will be along soon.
It’s worrying being alone in a strange country in the dark isn’t it? It’s funny how many people experience some kind of anticlimax after hospital treatment. I’m glad you got through all yours and it’s now finished. ?
Izabella it’s lovely to see you on this thread.
Your trips sound so exciting especially the nighttime dog sleigh rides. Must have been a wonderful experience. I do hope when all this virus stuff is over you manage a trip to NZ again.
Panache my DH is fine thank you for asking. I am disappointed that MrP doesn’t have his steroids yet but at least a date for the scan.
So pleased to hear you managed a trip out. No doubt a walk on the sands did much to lift your spirits. I hope you weren’t too bad after.
I wish you could sleep better but no doubt there is too much going on for your mind to rest. Take good care of yourselves.
Grammaretto I see I wasn’t the only one who thought the lovely Dexter was a touch on the large side to be a dragonfly.?
I’m sure MrG has excellent care with you all looking after him and so much better for him than being in hospital.
Your DD singing to him sounds lovely. It must be such an emotional time for you all. Glad you managed a walk in the sunshine.
I’m glad you liked my story too. I’m afraid it will run to two more episodes as I can’t get it all down in one go ?
Hope no one feels obliged to read it all. It sort of grew.
Bradfordlass grin. Perhaps Dragonfly should run a spot the dragonfly competition. We were all fooled ?
Sounds like Gubbins is going to take after her Granny and be an independent young lady ?

Missedout Thu 26-Nov-20 00:05:56

Hi gangsters, I've been enjoying your posts enormously, especially some of the holiday tales. DH and I went to Rovaniemi in Finland a few years ago, I can relate to Doodle's Scandi noir!

Cherry, instead of a low slung hammock, couldn't you have a comfy mattress on the floor! Just asking. shock

DH has started driving again and is obviously a lot better. I'm beginning to believe my hand will heal eventually, I have a small amount of movement in my thumb and less pain although new skin is still forming. I still need a dressing.

I've been quite busy. I have been trying to update a laptop and get it working properly. It has meant hours of frustration but I have been asked to help someone and I can't unless I have a similar build of computer. DH just heads for the garage when he can see I'm 'annoyed'.

I've also just had a call from the bank to say there are unusual transactions on my credit card. I checked, and there are. So DH and I have to wait for new cards to be posted out. Such fun! All our saved accounts will have to be updated.

Now DH and I know the Covid rules about Christmas, like millions of others, we have a quandary. Who do we exclude?

This is just a short visit. I will do better next time.

Take care all, stay as well as you can.

BradfordLass73 Thu 26-Nov-20 06:41:55

Good grief *Missedout never rains but it pours shock

It also sounds as if you and Doodle are trying to cram far too much into your days. Please be kind to yourselves.

About your hand, if we had not had this wretched virus, would you have received different treatment?

Just back from Christmas jollities with my elders group. I got my smoked eel and Paua, raw fish and a delicious ham salad.
Then we did some singing and dancing to work off a few calories. grin

This is NOT a complaint smile

A month ago, Hanna asked me if I would tutor her nephew (apparently he's in the genius grade) in Korea.
I agreed.
She decided that 3pm in Seoul would work; it's 7pm here.

I asked if the genius boy could send me an email so we could work out what he needed before we spoke.

Every week she's asked if he's contacted me yet. He hadn't.

I'm currently sitting at my computer, Skype open, waiting for him to come online. It's now 7:30pm.

Without a very good reason, students do this to me only once

I really don't care if he can astonish MENSA, if he hasn't the good manners to turn up - or flick me an email of apology, I'm not wasting my time.

I'll finish writing up my journal and then I'm off to bed....and all is still sweetness and light Doodle I promise sunshine sunshine sunshine la la lah, la la lah sunshine sunshine sunshine skip hop la la lah sunshine.

grin wink

Grammaretto Thu 26-Nov-20 10:11:43

What a beautiful creature the dragonfly is.
The Carers have begun. I am impressed so far. They are quick and efficient and managed to get his medicine down and a couple of gulps of tea. They wash and dress him.

DS is going through old photos in the attic. Good luck to him. grin

I am thinking of you all. Such a supportive team. Thanks.

Mamissimo Thu 26-Nov-20 10:41:20

Good Morning!

Great joy for me today.....my bare root roses have just been delivered so I can get muddy ?

It will be good to take my mind off things....or maybe to sift my thoughts. DD2 will have a sad day today as her cat will be probably be put to sleep. Bella Boo is a rescue cat and DD was told she was about 2 when she got her four years ago. She was tiny but very rapidly became a giant big furry chunk weighing nearly 7 kilos! I think in retrospect that Bella may have really been a starving older cat. She is showing signs of kidney failure. DD has to teach all day today - I hope her pupils are kind and well behaved!

DD1 also dropped a complete bombshell last night....they have made an offer on a house 2 fields away from us! I knew she missed living here but it's thrown me into a tizz. We are close and get on well and on the whole it will be lovely but......does this mean she thinks we need someone keeping an eye on us? Am I old now?

Thinking of you all

Grammaretto Thu 26-Nov-20 11:03:38

Oh my! Mamissimo that will come as a surprise but a nice one?
MrG's parents bought a house 4 miles from us about 15 years ago. It has been fine but any closer.....

Great about your roses.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion