Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

The Lockdown Gang - Keep Calm and Carry On

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Thu 22-Oct-20 13:14:46

Or to give it its full title , The Keep calm and carry on shielding crew.
Our forth thread. Who would have believed it.
Welcome all

Nortsat Sat 24-Oct-20 09:46:22

Good morning Carry On Gang ... I think that makes us Cog-sters. I have my coffee and am sitting comfortably (thank you Doodle), so am ready for a good catch up ...
Doodle, did you manage to make headway (no pun intended) with your hair and the skin treatment. Hope so.
Bradfordlass I note that you recognise you may have been doing too much (sorting out your seasonal wardrobe, two loads of washing and kitchen cleaning) but I wonder if there is any evidence of slowing down ...!
I hope you have a good night and feel better thereafter.
I loved the idea of your in your floral dress and your shooting skills surprising all the men... that’s the way to do it!
Grammaretto, it’s wonderful that the cafe opened and was busy. Glad your DH was able to have something as a takeaway, at least. What a bittersweet day for you both, as your husband’s leadership, hard work and vision had founded the whole thing. I hope he is able to derive some satisfaction from the fact that it has been brought to fruition and is successfully open. Congratulations to him.
Panache, so pleased to see your head popping around the door. Sorry to learn that yesterday wasn’t a good day. I do so admire your spirit, in having faced so much together. I hope you both have as peaceful and comfortable day, as possible. We gang of reprobates are here, ready to welcome you, whenever you feel up to popping your head around the door.?
Missedout, hope your hand is more comfortable today. I have to say that both my partner and I dribble toothpaste down our fronts, when we clean our teeth (and we have no significant injuries). I wrap a towel around my shoulders like a shawl, to catch the toothpaste, otherwise my nightie would be decorated with it.
I well remember turnip lanterns for Halloween, I don’t think you saw pumpkins when we were children.
Oh Mammissimo what a show stopping story about blocking Honfleur Harbour with an expensive yacht. Inspector Clouseau would not have been out of place, if he had joined MrM, the PoliceChief and the criminal, on board.
As a couple of us have mentioned Honfleur I am adding a photograph of the Honfleur Carousel.
Good morning Nfkdumpling ... I don’t think the Carry On Gangsters we’re quite ready for your peach liqueur, in the hot tub last night ...
Dragonfly’s floral arrangement is looking fine this morning.

2 final questions:
- has Cherry found us, in our new home? Hope all is well with her.
- will somebody fill me in on the lettuce issue ... I have obviously missed it ...

Have a good day Cog-sters ?

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Oct-20 11:15:20

Good morning everyone.

I loved your story about Honfleur Mammissimo - how exciting. We went there when DH first retired and drove around the region staying in little restaurants with rooms.

So sorry your hand is still painful Missedout.

Panache what can I say I am so sorry things are so bleak at the moment. I suppose lockdown is not affecting you too much.

As others have said Bradfordlass that bug you had has still to get out of your system so maybe sleep is the answer.

The shop looks wonderful Grammaretto what a pity your DH cannot go but at least he knows he has achieved something amazing.

I believe Nortsat lettuce is supposed to be soporific, at least according to Peter Rabbit!

No I haven't seen Cherry for a while I do hope she is okay.

We had to venture out to B&Q yesterday as DH's car battery was low. We bought a charger but got it home and as we are both pretty useless in the do-it-yourself category it took us quite a while to set up. We did have an amazing sense of achievement when done though.

I am determined to display the flowers I brought so here they are again (hopefully)!

dragonfly46 Sat 24-Oct-20 11:17:17

That ointment sounds lethal Doodle. Maybe you should shave your head grin. I have a very nice wig you could borrow!

Panache Sat 24-Oct-20 12:35:04

A very wet and decidedly miserable day here in Wales........matching the mood of the country as it newly faces another lockdown.

Indeed true to say it affects us none at all!!

Our prescripptions arrived mid afternoon, although our Tesco delivery eventually made it...... but 10pm is not exactly the right time for us right now!
However apart from the wrong pears and bread we got all we requested
Having a brand new driver who did not even know where the entrance to the building was did nothing to help.
The whole place would be dark inside although outside we resemble Blackpool!!
With a lot of directions from an overly tired me we did manage, but it was not quite a pleasant experience taking in all those crate containers at that late hour......so heavy....with all the work involved afterwards.
But at least we have provisions!!

What a miserable predicament to find yourself in Doodle.
I think a pretty turban,or better still taking Dragonfly`s suggestion of borrowing her wig might very well tide you over this "sticky patch".......apologies for the pun!
These things are certainly sent to try us and they do just that.
Hopefully the situation has much improved by now?

Another fairly peaceful few days hopefully for us both and for each one of you Cog-sters as our Norstat would say.
These grey clouds cannot........and will not.......last forever.

Perhaps a crumb trail to ensure our Cherry finds us is in order?

Doodle Sat 24-Oct-20 13:36:25

Afternoon all. Just back from trip to hospital for blood test for DH. Nearly didn’t make it in time as part of the motorway was closed for repairs. Collected my new prescription for my hair. Hopefully a few more washes will take the grease out of it thanks for asking Nortsat. I think Cogsters may be more appropriate than gangsters......although with Bradforlass’ shooting skills and our lockdown masks it is hard to say ?
dragonfly many of us seem to like Honfleur. Perhaps we should organise a trip for the cogsters when this lockdown is over. Bradfordlass could do her usual parachute jump over. Do you think they’d let Mamissimo back there again after the boating incident? ?
Those flowers are beautiful. I love the colour combination.
Well done on getting the battery charger sorted. A useful gadget to have.
While many people look attractive with a shaved head, I am pretty sure I’m not one of them. I am hoping extra washes will get rid of the grease but I will keep your wig offer in mind just in case.?
I am wondering about Cherry too. Hope she is ok.
I will send Jeeves out to look for her later.
Panache the area a mile or so up the road is now in level 2.
I have had a few late deliveries and I find them exhausting. In your case it must be even harder to deal with having those crates to unpack and sort out, Hope you can arrange better time slots but I know sometimes you just have to take what you can.
I am going to have another go at my hair in a minute. DH is snoring gently in the chair beside me. He had another restless night last night so not surprised he has nodded off now.
Hope all are ok. Back later.

Grammaretto Sat 24-Oct-20 18:27:11

Hi Cogsters,

What beautiful flowers Dragonfly

I 'm sure Cherry will find us when she's ready. I'm so glad the grease is gradually coming out Doodle I wouldn't like that at all.
I can remember my DSis and I doing awful things to our hair when we were teenagers. Egg and beer were popular as "setting" agents., then we slept in our rollers , ouch! Sellotaped our fringes down so they didn't stick up and back combing if all else failed. God knows what we looked like. luckily no selfies and hardly any photos back then.

We decided about midday to set off into the Perthshire countryside, and happened to be passing DD's house. Seriously though we saw the house they should be moving into soon and then drove down to Birnam Woods. We collected acorns from the forest floor so we can grow our own ancient oak.
Both DH and I had a great day out and got to see the family, if briefly, and only outdoors.

All these new tiers! Nicola has a variation just to keep us on our toes thoroughly confused.

I am very glad you didn't land on the floor Bradfordlass and it was just a case of overdoing it.

I am shocked that Tesco delivers so late at night Panache how are you expected to be happy with that?

I love the thought of a trip to Honfleur with you all. Let's book now!!
Here is the Birnam Oak. My own photos had little people in them were not very good

Doodle Sat 24-Oct-20 19:51:35

Grammaretto did you ever iron your hair between sheets of brown paper? I did ?
That is truly a magnificent tree. Glad you and your DH had such a nice day and had a little visit to the family. Hope the little people enjoyed it.
Sainsburys and Waitrose both deliver up to 10 or 11 I think. They have extended their hours to cope with demand. I have to say that all the delivery drivers we have had have been exceptionally pleasant and good natured no matter what time of day they arrive,
I wonder if Honfleur could cope with mass invasion of Cogsters, ?

BradfordLass73 Sat 24-Oct-20 21:35:02

I rather like being a Gangster (this kind, anyway) smile

Panache ! That's not on, delivering to an aged care facilty at 10 o clock at night!
Where are their brains?
It sounds as if you've totally given up on the in-house catering if you're getting crates full delivered. I hope that speaks of better appetites and thus recovery. flowers

Grammaretto I got a little thrill seeing Birnham Wood, having been (and still am in some people's opinion) one of the witches. grin

Nortsat You hit the nail on the head, though you were too polite to say it was sheer stupidity on my part to try and carry on as normal.

What a beautiful carousel horse. Do you remember the one in The Sting? Eileen Brennan sashayed so beautifully as she left it.

Doodle I hope your hair comes right soon. Having your head shaved is pretty cold at this time of year. Do you remember? grin

I had a really good day with Kathy. She's over all the treatments now and just needs to build up her strength but fears she won't be able to work again for at least another year. sad
We went to a Persian cafe where we ordered Pide bread and hummus dip (more carbs in one meal than I eat in a month).
We sat outside in the sunshine but a sneaky, intermittent wind blew the top layer of filo from my baklava - to the delight of local sparrows who pounced on it. smile

We had such a great time catching up, then laughed at one another as we both confessed we'd probably go home for a nap. smile

I sent a parcel of hats, scarves and slippers as gifts to my favourite charity, Koha Kai, Invercargill on 14th October.
Fortunately I paid for tracking.
It was picked up but so far, seems to be still in the NZPost van. angry
They are making enquiries but is it any wonder they are losing out to Courier companies?

If you're interested in what Koha Kai does:
www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/116745744/koha-kai-wins-a-national-maori-business-award

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday flowers

Nortsat Sun 25-Oct-20 08:15:27

Good morning Cogsters/gangsters, it’s pouring with rain here, but I am sitting comfortably and I have my coffee (thank you Doodle).
Grammaretto, so glad you had a nice trip out yesterday and that your DH enjoyed it. I loved the picture of the Birnam Oak and was quite excited at your sentence ‘we ... drove down to Birnam Woods’. I would love to walk in those woods and see the Oak.
I have read the play, of course and I have also read King Hereafter, which is an historical novel by Dorothy Dunnett about the life of Macbeth. It’s a corking read for those who like historical novels.
Dragonfly what a lovely flower arrangement.
Thank you for passing on Peter Rabbit’s advice ... the next time my partner can’t get off to sleep, instead of a warm drink ... I’ll offer him half a head of lettuce ?.
Panache your Tesco delivery sounds like a lot of hard work. It doesn’t seem sensible to me that Tesco deliver so late on a winters night. However, I am sure you’re pleased to have your groceries.
I hope you both have a comfortable and relaxing day.
Doodle I hope your hair is feeling more normal. I think a trip to Honfleur would be lovely ... but Mammissimo may be held back at the border ...
Bradfordlass your Persian lunch sounds delicious. Pide bread and hummus - yum. Your description of the gust of wind blowing the top layer off your baklava and it being feasted on by the sparrows, sounds like a perfect end to your lunch.
Cherry if you’re reading, I hope all is well.

Have a pleasant, relaxing day Cogsters. ?

Grammaretto Sun 25-Oct-20 09:15:30

Hi Gang,

I thought I had written this morning but must have dreamt it or it's gone the way posts sometimes do
I wanted to say how happy to hear of that perfect day Bradfordlass ! Days like that are to be treasured.
Ours was lovely in a different way. The oak is 600yr old so would have been around in Shakespeare's time and back then would have been part of an ancient forest going back before Macbeth's time. Does that make sense?
Beatrix Potter stayed in the house just across the Tay and we could see it. She spent many summers there and Peter Rabbit the book silly was sent to the publishers from there.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-36759452

No witches about but DGD asked me why anyone would want to live in the forest. She said it was spooky....

I'll look out for that book Nortsat

DH had a bad night again.
You always pay for treats.......

I hope others are getting a nice long lie.

No Doodle I can't remember ironing my hair though I did perch a favourite doll in front of the fire to dry her hair and she melted sad

I hope Cherry is nearby and you don't have to send a search party.

Panache Sun 25-Oct-20 12:59:44

After a day needing an arc we have an improved day..... following a night with occasional hailstones...........showers today with bright spells in between.

Feeling slightly more rested after the extra hour,although changing back so many clocks is quite tiring............yes I am a bit of a clock fanatic!!

Actually getting a slot with Tesco is a great feat in itself,remembering we only have the services of 2 stores serving a wide but sparsley populated area...........so we have to take what is on offer most times...........hence that stupid late delivery.
Our next is at a much better time I am pleased to add.

Very astute thinking Bradfordlass but alas we have always bought in as well as having the main meal here,we also buy in protein drinks and vitamins .........fully realising we would not be very healthy relying on what we are served up here!
It is far too expensive forking out like this.................but we need to survive,simple as that.

We both managed an afternoon watching 4 episodes of a good story on i player,so pleased my dear man`s pain is more under control at this time..........so that he could have a pleasing afternoon.
With a bit of luck we will try for the same today.

Thinking of you gang,hopefully your days are peaceful and your troubles few...........hope,hope,hope.

The crumb markers have not yet been followed by our Cherry.......I shall revisit with fresh crumbs pronto!!

Doodle Sun 25-Oct-20 13:28:11

Bradfordlass be it Cogsters or gangsters, this is one gang I like being part of. I love that photo you look jolly and happy or even jolly happy ? I would not look good with a shaved head (I don’t look good with a full head of hair but at least it hides a lot of my features) My head is all front to back and no sides if you know what I mean. Stick a big nose on the front end and you might get some idea of what I look like ?
Ok story time, what’s all this about Birnham Wood witches?
Glad your friend Kathy is doing better. It must have cheered her up having a nice day with you.
Don’t for get to eat and rest. Ra rangimarie.
Nortsat so glad you’re sitting comfortably with coffee. Me too. Well I have never heard of Birnham Wood (Which I obviously should have done) . Thank you for suggesting that book I do like a good historical novel. Have your read any of CJ Sansom’s books?
Hair is getting there. Still greasy but not as bad. A few more washes should do it I hope.
Grammaretto I was not aware (as mentioned to Nortsat) of Birnham Wood. Thank you for the information and the link. I will look it up. It sounds a wonderful place to visit. I love trees the older the better. I hate it when one is chopped down.
Sorry about MrG’s bad night. Hope today is a better one.
I used to iron my hair because it was too curly and I wanted it straight. Oh your poor dolly. ? I had one that lost her hair and had to go to the Doll’s Hospital for treatment and hair transplant ?
Panache it’s much sunnier here today too. We also enjoyed the extra hour.
I’m glad you are supplementing your meals with additional supplies to keep you going. It shouldn’t be necessary but you do need to build up strength.
Glad MrP had a better day. Hope you enjoy more of your iPlayer story today.
Thank you for dropping more crumbs for Cherry. I hope she makes it here soon.
We miss you Cherry ?

BradfordLass73 Sun 25-Oct-20 20:00:40

Good morning Gangsters all,
I was up with the Dawn Chorus (don't worry Doodle I was in bed by 9pm last night) and am determined to find that book if I have to go through every box in the garage, which it's looking as if I shall.

Panache How lovely that you enjoyed a good story; just the thing when the weather is less than kind. I'm glad to read you're at least getting essential protein and vitamins and that your dear man is in less pain. All good smile

Doodle My reference to witches was a wee bit different to Nortsat's as it refers to a prophecy by them that Macbeth wouldn't die "until Birnham Woods should come to Dunsinane".
As he knew this to be impossible, he felt invincible. However, enemy soldiers camouflaged themselves with oak twigs as they crept to the castle, so it looked as if the wood were indeed advancing towards him.

Grammaretto an interesting article on BP and in some ways it's a pity her books overshadowed her expertise in mycology and much more. She was anexceptional woman and scientist in so many ways.
Sad your DH had to pay for his treat. sad

I agree with your DGD, woods are spooky, even when we know and love them; no wonder people believed, and perhaps still do, in woodland sprites.

It's Labour Weekend here and it's going to live up to its name as I have put off re-arranging and clearing the garage for two years too long.
It's not just the book I'd promised my Dil to find but am shedding "stuff" as I go along with a view to the Hospice collection next week sometime.

I now have a nice pile of good furniture; nearly-new clothing, never used household goods I was gifted... and much more. Do not fret Doodle all this work takes the place of the swimming/exercise I'm unable to take at the moment and I am eating better.
Poached egg, silver beet and cottage cheese for breakfast today. I love my food. grin

And by the way, your description of yourself just confirms what I have known from the very beginning - you are beautiful.

Doodle Sun 25-Oct-20 21:12:19

Bradfordlass I do hope you find your book. Just don’t go overdoing it with the lifting. I will send Jeeves to help you.
Thanks for the story. I will need to read up on it.
I find woods spooky too. I love trees but more in the open.
The trees round here are gradually turning yellow and orange. I love this time of year. We often go to an arboretum to see the colours but not this year I’m afraid.
It’s amazing what we collect as the years go by, isn’t it. When we moved into the flat we had to get rid of so much.
I’m glad to hear you are eating more now but please take care no to overdo things. We don’t want you having a ‘funny turn’ alone in the garage.
Ah Bradfordlass once I was very beautiful. At 3 years old I had a head full of blond curls, blue eyes and a sweet smile. It was all downhill from then on ?. I think like many people, I have inherited some things from my parents, I just wish I’d inherited my mums beautiful cheekbones instead of my dad’s nose ? but thank you for your kind words anyway.

Grammaretto Sun 25-Oct-20 21:15:26

I'm feeling a bit lonely tonight. MrG went to bed very early in the hope that the rest will be beneficial even if sleep doesn't come easily.
I do admire your industriousness Bradfordlass. Labour weekend is rightly named.
I get exhausted at the thought of doing a major clear-out.
A few bits and bobs to the charity shop by appointment is about all I can manage.

DH has 2 medical appointments this week so that's an outing.
I try to cook something to tempt him but he just isn't eating much. He did say he fancied tinned peaches!

I hope your hair is back to normal now Doodle How lovely to be blessed with curly hair. Our youngest DGD both have a mop of curls. One gold and the other copper.
Hairdressers have told me my hair is difficult because it has a "kink" in it and is "coarse"

I'm glad you seem to be having a better time Panaches . Long may it last.

I think I'll turn in soon - I suppose old time it would be later.
Some sleepytime tea perhaps. Thanks Jeeves.

Doodle Sun 25-Oct-20 21:42:27

Grammaretto I’m here. Hope MrG does sleep well but I hope you do to. Looking after someone and worrying about them takes a toll on the carer.
Will you be going to the appointments with MrG or is it a case of having to find somewhere to go while he is been seen?
My hair is almost back to normal. A couple more washes should do it.
I may add I only had curly hair as a little one, now I would describe it as your hairdresser described yours ?
Your DGD’s hair sounds lovely. One of my DGDs has very long hair since she was little. As a child I always wanted long hair but as my hair was thick and unruly I wasn’t allowed to grow it long as it took too much drying (before home hairdryers)
I keep getting the time wrong. We haven’t sorted all the clocks yet and I keep looking at the wrong ones.
Hope cherry is ok and comes for a visit soon.
Sleep well.

Grammaretto Sun 25-Oct-20 21:53:56

Thankyou Doodle and hello Cherry
Night night

Doodle Mon 26-Oct-20 11:07:30

Morning all. It’s sunny but windy here.
Housework day today and another session of hair washing. It think the grease is almost out now.
Grammaretto I hope MrG did sleep but I hope you did too. I hope the medical appointments bring some help for you both. Does anyone address your worries about his health?
In the past, I have always gone with DH to his appointments (so I get to have my say and ask my questions too). Not sure how this works with COVID now. Under the circumstances, are you able to attend with him if he sees the consultant?

Cherry and Dragonfly I hope you are both ok and the rest of the gang.

Mamissimo Mon 26-Oct-20 11:22:14

Good morning gangsters ?
I don't know where that weekend went but it vanished! I have to confess to doing absolutely nothing vital but enjoyed digging around in my family DNA studies for almost the whole weekend. The family got fed but that was about it.

This week is chock a block with a bit of everything in the calendar....a blood test, a funeral, and lunches with my DDs....and I'm hoping for good weather for five minutes a morning to sow my shallots and broad beans. Ever since the seeds and sets arrived it's been wet!

Now I must dash off for the blood test - place your bets ladies - will it be the ontime, the five minutes late or the full hour plus wait this morning? Mr M is insisting on driving me which probably means that he wants to go to the builders merchants. It's his favourite retail therapy.

Cherry stop eating the crumbs and follow them!

Hope your days are as mundane as mine with no nasty shocks and excursions.

dragonfly46 Mon 26-Oct-20 11:52:46

Good morning all - that is such a lovely picture Bradfordlass it really cheered me up.

I have had quite an upsetting weekend. A friend died in Holland and I didn't even know she was ill. The daughter in law of my good friend here has been diagnosed with a spinal tumour and having a scan today to see if it has spread to the brain. She is 23 and had been fobbed off by the GP for 2 years!!
On top of that I have been upset by my son - he spends so much time with the inlaws there is no time left for us. It is hard as they live 4 hours away so no quick visits and the in laws are more demanding!

I hope your DH continues to have control of the pain Panache.
I am sure as Bradfordlass says you are beautiful. I look in the mirror these days and see a less beautiful version of my mother!

I hope Cherry is okay and sending love to the rest of you.

Doodle Mon 26-Oct-20 14:20:37

Mamissimo it’s lovely to indulge in a hobby/interest and block other things out . Glad you remembered the food though.
Ok I’ll bet your blood test is between five and ten minutes late. ?
Whatever pleasure can MrM get from a builders merchant?
A clothes shop yes but wood and plaster no ?
dragonfly sorry you had such a miserable weekend.
The news about your friend must have come as a shock if you didn’t know she was ill. That poor girl with a spinal tumour. 23 is so young. I do hope the scan shows no spread and that they can do something to help her.
Sorry about the trouble with your son. Does he realise you are upset? If the in laws live closer it is easy to see how he can spend more time there if there are children involved.
When my children were young we spent almost every Sunday with my mum and dad or my brother and his family as they were about 45 minutes away. We only visited my in-laws, who lived about 3 hours away about 3 times a year and they came to us about once a year.
My DH worked hard and often found it difficult to get time off work. He was often tired at the end of the week and going to my mum’s for a meal and home again was easier than having his parents to stay. (Although we did have them to stay sometimes)
Looking back on it now, I can see how my in laws might have felt left out (although it didn’t occur to me at the time nor was it intended) . I liked my in laws a lot but life was easier with my mum and dad because I was used to them and their home was mine for so many years.
I’m not making excuses for your son but I wonder if you being 4 hours away adds to the problem if there are young children involved. Is it possible you could arrange to stay close to them for a weekend, a B&B or somewhere where you can go out for a meal together (if lockdown permits?)
Whatever the problem or reason, I am really sorry you’ve been upset. I hope you do get to see them soon and things are ok between you.
Take care all and keep safe.

Nortsat Mon 26-Oct-20 15:28:49

Good afternoon gangsters, I hope everyone is having a decent day. It’s sunny here and I am sitting comfortably (thank you Doodle) ...
We took Missy, our 16.5 year old cat for her annual checkup and vaccinations. She seems fine but had to stay in the hospital for blood tests and BP monitoring. So I am waiting for their call, to go and collect her. (This is her in her basket)
Grammaretto, here’s hoping MrG is comfortable today. It must be such a worry. You need to try and look after yourself too. When caring for our loved ones it’s easy to forget our own needs. Sending you both good thoughts.
Mammissimo, my guess is ‘the five minute wait’ for your blood test, but that won’t give MrM much browsing time in the builders merchant. Men have funny ideas about retail therapy don’t they? My partner can spent many a happy hour on the internet looking at music books...
Dragonfly what an upsetting weekend. Hope today is a better day.
Bradfordlass, glad to hear you’ve recovered your appetite ... always a good sign. The outcome from all your garage clearing, will bring benefits to the Hospice ... but take things steadily...
Panache, hoping you are both more comfortable today. Did you watch more on iplayer? Any recommendations?
Have a nice evening gangsters. ?

Grammaretto Mon 26-Oct-20 18:13:26

Hello cogsters,

I hope Missy enjoyed her overnight at the hotel vets.
MrG isn't great but managed some lunch. I made pancakes and soup.

I have cancelled tomorrow's oncology appt. It just seems too unsafe so it will be a phone call.

With all that's been going on I forgot SiL's birthday. He won't mind a late present and we saw him at the weekend.
I want to plant the acorns. Do I have to break dormancy? Mamissimo you will know wink

Hoping you've all had a good day.
It's long past sundown so I'm off for a drink.

Doodle Mon 26-Oct-20 20:21:04

Hello Nortsat. Who’s that? Ah Missy. She’s pretty. I hope all her tests are ok and she’s back home now.
I meant to ask you, were you successful in your bid for the Viking ring? I think I would get over excited if I was bidding for something.
Grammaretto I think you could be wise about that appointment. As it will now be a phone call, would you be able to listen in or ask any questions yourself (I don’t mean without MrM’s knowledge). Whenever I go with DH to an appointment I usually remember things he forgets to ask about.
Sorry his appetite is still poor. I’m sure your SIL won’t hold it against you for forgetting his birthday. I think he will probably realise how much you have going on at the moment.
Enjoy your drink and I hope you have a good night tonight.

BradfordLass73 Mon 26-Oct-20 20:37:56

I'm relieved to know your hair is almost back to normal Doodle, it's taken a while. What did the GP prescribe, sump oil? smile

Jeeves arrived here, thank you, unaccountably disguised as a little Korean lady but bearing coffee and kimchi and determined to help with the garage clearance.

We took it steady (didn't have much choice, I was bushed) so there's still plenty to do today and probably all week.

Oh my, what a sad time for you dragonfly, I do hope the prognosis is good for the young lassie with the tumour.

Family problems always hurt most don't they? I hope that can be resolved too.

I'm glad the photo of me as an egg made you smile. As I can't see myself in the mirror, that was the first time I'd ever realised how badly my eyes looked as a result of all the injections.

Fortunately, the impact was minimal as I've never been beautiful, so no looks to lose. Jolly fat face as always despite the reptilian eyes grin.

Mamissimo nothing stops you does it? I hope you enjoy your eclectic week and as you're a bookie's runner as well, I'll place my bets on the hour's wait. And a hefty bill at the Builder's Merchants. smile

Nortsat Is Missy home yet? She's a bit too elderly to be spending a night away from familiar home and basket but I hope the monitoring went well.

The air is full of the warm, vanilla fragrance of Mimosa (called by an unromantic name, Wattle here) and it's very evocative to me as clouds of it surrounded me when I first arrived in New Zealand aka Paradise. smile

Unfortunately, it's an Australian native and is being eliminated. Not that our Council protects even native trees; the fight to save those in Avondale goes on. It shouldn't be a fight but a right.

Cherry seems to have posted 4 days ago, so she's still around. I hope she finds her way here successfully.

Ah well, the garage awaits......keep smiling everyone.
sunshine smile flowers sunshine

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion