Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Meeting one other person in a public space

(55 Posts)
Nonnapg Sun 01-Nov-20 09:35:05

As I understand the proposed new rules, one person in a household may meet one person from another household outdoors in a public space. Two questions/scenarios come to mind - firstly, how many times a day could people do this (thus meeting many people, surely not the intention)?
Secondly, has anyone thought about a parent with a young child/baby, perhaps on maternity leave, and a partner at work or WFH. Can that parent meet anybody else in a public space with baby in tow or does baby make three? I worry for people in this situation, especially those struggling with post-natal depression or just with being a new parent.

Calendargirl Tue 03-Nov-20 07:47:27

If no butchers, bakers, greengrocers etc weren’t allowed to open, then the supermarkets would be even busier.
Such little local shops in our small town have spent a lot of time and money erecting screens to keep everyone as safe as possible, and customers are limited to 2 in at a time.
It has worked well, people have abided by the rules, the businesses and workers have kept going, the town has stopped looking like a ghost town.

Puzzler61 Tue 03-Nov-20 07:52:01

Bubbling for a person living alone, particularly if elderly (needing actual support or not) is to combat loneliness I took it? So the 80 year old man can form a bubble with libra and her family as long as he doesn’t go into anyone else’s home/bubble?
Please correct me if I’ve got that wrong.

Delila Tue 03-Nov-20 12:46:07

Yes, I think so Puzzler, as long as Libra and her family are not part of another bubble.

Puzzler61 Tue 03-Nov-20 14:59:37

Oh yes, and that’s important Delila.