Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

My husband refuses to believe in coronavirus

(186 Posts)
nightwriter Tue 10-Nov-20 14:00:56

I am finding it difficult to tolerate my husband's continual assertion that coronavirus is not real and is, in fact, a tool used by governments and big pharma companies to control us. He believes that Bill Gates is behind it all. Any reasonable discussion is off limits and he is now trying to convince me that I shouldn't have the vaccine when it arrives. Not sure how to deal with this.

welbeck Thu 12-Nov-20 21:07:32

how many long-flu sufferers do we hear about.

BladeAnnie Thu 12-Nov-20 21:07:46

My daughter is a sister normally working on an elderly medical ward where she has end of life care to deal with on a frequent basis. Last week she had to take charge of a covid ward and she said it was the worst shift she had worked since qualifying as a nurse. She wishes all the doubters and disbelievers could see what she saw. And this is from an experienced healthcare professional used to end of life care

Tillybelle Thu 12-Nov-20 21:25:38

Kryptonite. I think they have changed the nasal swab from doing a deep nasal pharyngeal one (which I would only allow an ENT Dr or Neurologist to do and never in a Car Park!) to a 1-2cms inside the nostril from what I read on advice to Carers online. It was the only thing I could find though.
Thank you for your kind words.
I do hope you are keeping well and your Mother too.
The people I know when they go out do what everyone does I assume because they think like me that to not wear a mask (actually I am exempt but...) and to get near people is just upsetting to people now that everyone is so scared of catching this and has been conditioned to be afraid of other people. It is a huge piece of fear conditioning. But what can one do. <ost of my group saw the kind of psychological tricks that were going on very early and a paper was leaked to us early on from the Govt's little group who concentrate on Psychological methods of changing public behaviour without the public being aware. It was hardly subtle and very reminiscent of the Nazis. Just scare everyone to bits. They wanted people off the streets. They scared people to death and got what they wanted, I put the death statistics up a while ago. Ot's really strange how people cannot see that when Covid had to scare us about death, suddenly the number of deaths they announced for Covid matched the number of deaths that ran short this year on flu and pneumonia compares with the 5yr average. So blatantly obvious. They have lied for years - governments, in the UK always supported by the BBC. The "fact check" affairs only appeared when Covid lies had to be held up. I stopped believing the press and BBC and Govt announcements and checked things by reading from lots of different sources and countries. How many people know about the Zinoviev letter in 1924 which caused a landslide victory for the Conservatives? It came to light on 4th Feb 1999 which meant my Dad died not knowing it was not true. www.theguardian.com/politics/1999/feb/04/uk.politicalnews6
The most recent scientist I have heard interviewed is the one I mentioned above. I'll try and leave you a few to see in your own time they are all sensible not crazy people like you'd think from comments here. Try not to worry yourself, my love. Do the sensible tings. Eat as well as you can. Have vitamin D and zinc and vitamin C people tell me.
1. my favourite at the mo:
youtu.be/ZnpnBYgGARE
Are We Being Told the Truth About COVID-19? | Prof. Sucharit Bhakdi
2. Refers to the Open letter, hopefully still available online but there have been so many, in fact Prof Bhakdi refers to the biggest above
youtu.be/jqIYDTIdg2o Boris Johnson faces rebellion over chaotic coronavirus handling: Stop Project Fear! - Tory MP Desmond Swayne
3. This is slightly old now as things go but I love Karol Sikora for his pioneering cancer work - he's my age and I've followed his career. He mentions the ave age of death for covid. and ave age of death for all causes in UK. Take a note.
Professor Karol Sikora "Lockdown Was an Overreaction". youtu.be/jFRR58D1oW0

I'm sure you don't need any more.

Please, everybody, try not to get worried. Just do the things they ask, eat well and look after yourselves. Please don't fall out over differences of opinion over it all. I think the govt has to be responsible a bit for this as it has been very contradictory in the things it has told us and has hardly made things easy to understand. We'll get through. It can't go on for ever. But we may have to speak out one day for the sake of the children's education. Just see how things go for now.

Tillybelle Thu 12-Nov-20 21:34:19

welbeck. They get called M.E., Fibromyalgia, Postviral Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and some get brushed off until a long time has passed and then they may get to see a Neurologist and be diagnosed with M.E.
The symptoms of M.E. are so similar to Long Covid. Especially if, like me you have both M.E. and Fibromyalgia.

Tillybelle Thu 12-Nov-20 21:43:49

BladeAnnie. Is that in one of the regions which are hard hit at the moment? I do admire her. I have to say my neighbour was nursing during the flu epidemic of (my brain is tired was it 2017?) when our hospital had two refrigerated lorries making quite a noise outside for the overflow of bodies. My friend said it was so terrible she didn't think she could do it again. The complications of pneumonia I think were very bad.
I remember that and the local news showing these refrigerated lorries so vividly so when we were in Lockdown first time I was getting scared of seeing that dreadful picture again. Fortunately it never happened.
The stories that some wards are rushed off their feet, which we hear here and I do not doubt at all, are a great contrast to some areas where the staff are whistle blowing about how they have nothing to do and even though it is the busy season they have empty beds.

BladeAnnie Thu 12-Nov-20 21:59:58

Tillybelle - we are in the East Midlands, tier 3 prior to lockdown. Her regular ward is more than busy atm but I'm so proud of her - does what she is paid for but always goes the extra mile too smile

Tillybelle Fri 13-Nov-20 11:25:44

BladeAnnie. ?

PurpleStar Sat 14-Nov-20 08:56:19

I read an article online that "suggested" that the "deniers" had certain personality traits.More likely to have always had issues with rules and authority,smoke weed,come from dysfunctional backgrounds.The 3 people I know that are non believers are all of the above and more! I've deleted them on social media,one being my sister in law.I just dont understand their mindset.How you keep it together living with your husbands opinion deserves a medal.It infuriates me how blind they are...

Sparklefizz Sat 14-Nov-20 14:23:12

welbeck

how many long-flu sufferers do we hear about.

Actually my husband and I caught a virus in 1989 which we were told was 'flu. He got better, I never did, and developed M.E. All the same symptoms as Long Covid. I have not been able to work since, was bedridden for 2 years, I still go back to bed during the day 31 years later, had to give up all the sports I used to do, spend every day pacing myself.

Those of us with M.E. are hoping that more research will be done now that Long Covid has materialised in the hope that it will help us too.

MayBee70 Mon 16-Nov-20 22:30:10

Iโ€™ve been saying for months now that long COVID reminds me of ME. I had a dear friend that suffered from it and through him I met several people that also had it and everything they told me about their symptoms were so similar to long COVID.