Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Who is the first person on GN to get vaccinated?

(268 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 11:03:26

Congratulations!! Whoever you are???

Jane10 Tue 08-Dec-20 16:43:20

It's not up to the US to 'let' us!
No sign of the first GNer then? Will keep checking.

Pittcity Tue 08-Dec-20 16:53:41

There’s a reason USA is letting us go first?

Yes, Trump didn't order any, preferring to wait for a US version.

Alegrias2 Tue 08-Dec-20 16:54:30

BlueBelle

Not me I ll wait for the Oxford one it sounds a better bet knowing how many lawsuits Pfizer has had in the past
I ll happily wait
There’s a reason USA is letting us go first?

This is for Bluebelle, who loves to tell us about the Pfizer lawsuits. This is a list of the Astra Zeneca lawsuits since 2000.

violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/astrazeneca

Its how big business operates Bluebelle. In the US-owned company I used to work for (non-pharma) we had a lawyer whose sole purpose was to handle the lawsuits.

If you are going to wait for a company who doesn't have a history of lawsuits, you're going to be waiting a long time.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:01:22

Go for it bluebelle think how virtuous you will feel knowing you’ve help the cause?

Urmstongran Tue 08-Dec-20 17:01:43

My stepfather’s brother is 96y and fit as a fiddle. Lives in Egbaston in Birmingham. Self caring does his own shopping. I think he’ll be one of the first I’ll know of. He uses the internet but he’s not on GN. As far as I know anyway!
?

It really IS exciting isn’t it? Thanks again for this heartwarming thread WW. Glad to hear you’re up and about.

Alegrias2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:02:56

Oh UG, you could win by proxy!!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:06:11

No! It’s my thread- the rules are one of us??

Callistemon Tue 08-Dec-20 17:06:18

This brings a whole new meaning to the 'celebrity' threads
grin

Fennel Tue 08-Dec-20 17:17:12

I hope to get a letter soon - I'm well over 80.
Does anyone know if you have to have a test before the vaccination to see if you already have the virus?
Hopefully it's a big step forward.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:20:23

Fennel

I hope to get a letter soon - I'm well over 80.
Does anyone know if you have to have a test before the vaccination to see if you already have the virus?
Hopefully it's a big step forward.

My bet is on you then fennel?

Fennel Tue 08-Dec-20 17:27:05

grin - Bijou is older than me.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:30:29

Oh - changed my mind.

My money is on bijou??

BlueBelle Tue 08-Dec-20 17:36:36

Whitewave I ve never felt virtuous in my life but I am allowed an opinion even if it doesn’t fit with yours
I have made it quite clear I m not anti vax just old enough to ask questions and there nothing wrong with that surely we should all ask questions

gillyknits Tue 08-Dec-20 17:36:46

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Bluebell but there was an article today saying they may use both , one for the first and the Oxford for the second. I think to build up as higher immunity as possible. They’re going to trial it .

Urmstongran Tue 08-Dec-20 17:38:38

Oh - changed my mind.

My money is on bijou??

That made me laugh WW!

Teacheranne Tue 08-Dec-20 17:43:25

Pittcity

^There’s a reason USA is letting us go first?^

Yes, Trump didn't order any, preferring to wait for a US version.

According to Fauci, ( not sure of spelling) they have ordered some of the Pfizer vaccine and Trump is pushing their regulatory body to get it approved - announcement on Thursday allegedly.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:47:50

BlueBelle

Whitewave I ve never felt virtuous in my life but I am allowed an opinion even if it doesn’t fit with yours
I have made it quite clear I m not anti vax just old enough to ask questions and there nothing wrong with that surely we should all ask questions

I was teasing - don’t take it seriously? of course you are allowed your own decision however misguided it is????

Alegrias2 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:47:53

Would anyone like to join me in lobbying to make the phrase "I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but..." illegal for the next six months? Along with "Do your research". grin

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 08-Dec-20 17:52:03

I’ve had a text today from my surgery saying the inoculations are not being delivered at GP surgery level and we will have to drive at least 30 minutes to another town when/if the time comes. Very disappointing ☹️

MrsEggy Tue 08-Dec-20 18:05:39

There must be thousands of over 80s who don't or can't drive, what about them?

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 08-Dec-20 18:27:23

Exactly MrsEggy

Jaxjacky Tue 08-Dec-20 18:37:38

WW best of 3? ?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 08-Dec-20 18:40:57

Jaxjacky

WW best of 3? ?

What does each way mean?

lemsip Tue 08-Dec-20 18:47:30

I'm quite sure those that don't have transport will not be left by the wayside!! When we are all contacted to have it that is the time to discuss transport difficulties so no one should worry!!

SueDonim Tue 08-Dec-20 18:57:32

My dd sent me a report today of a ward housekeeper getting the first jab at the hospital where dd works. The housekeeper is eighty years old! Makes me feel like a slacker. grin