Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Anyone fed up with people not following the rules

(248 Posts)
Blue5 Sun 13-Dec-20 15:51:27

Do people not understand the rules . Am in tier 2 and the amount of people having visitors in my neighbourhood is unbelievable . Not seen my grandchildren for weeks or spending Xmas with them .Does anyone else think its selfish.

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 18:01:43

I wear a mask, and sanitise. But I’m fed up of being told it’s illegal to see my family. We’ve also had a couple of family crises this last couple of weeks and it’s impossible to deal with things if it’s illegal. To be honest, I’ve had enough of it all.

Anniebach Sun 13-Dec-20 18:06:52

Yes I am angry , angry for the man who had a stoke and had to
stay in an ambulance for 17 hours, and for his wife who sat waiting with him.

Angry for those with cancer who can’t have treatment because no beds .

SpanielNanny Sun 13-Dec-20 18:17:07

People who refuse to wear masks, keep their distance, sanitise etc irritate me, yes. But my feelings about people visiting family have literally changed overnight.

Yesterday a dear friend told me that she has lost her 7 month old granddaughter. They did everything right, followed all of the rules, she never even held her. No amount of promising this will be over soon, looking forward to this time next year etc is going to make up for her never getting to give her first grandchild a cuddle.

I have followed the rules all along, and continue to do so. But I can no longer be upset with people who feel like they can’t be separated from their families for any longer. Life is fleeting, all we can do is try and be good to one another.

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 18:19:47

I’m upset about those things too Annie. I have come to the conclusion that whatever we do the pandemic keeps going, so we have to live with it, until such time as most people are vaccinated and things return to something more normal. I’ve had to be involved with family due to problems that needed our support and I don’t have the luxury of isolating myself.

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 18:21:33

Oh SpanielNanny, that’s one of the worst things I’ve heard in all this pandemic. I’m so, so sorry. I have no words.

MayBee70 Sun 13-Dec-20 18:25:21

TwoWolves

I refuse to wear facemasks - I said I wouldn't wear one, and I meant it. Just do not believe they are in any way effective and that they were only ever made mandatory to get people back into the shops. I'm shocked at how gullible people are in thinking they work. I'm don't think I'm invincible - I know I can catch covid as well as anybody else - by contact, rather than by not wearing a mask. Oh, and before you call me selfish, I volunteered 3 times to take part in vaccine trials for covid (but wasn't contacted in the end). Have any of you mask lovers done the same?

Pity you weren’t contacted. You would have been perfect for the trials given that you seem quite happy to get yourself infected if you you were given the placebo. The information given out about hand washing being all that was needed and mask wearing being ineffective is months out of date and the fault of the WHO who have failed people miserably.

MissAdventure Sun 13-Dec-20 18:29:38

There are going to be more and more sad stories...
Covid is going to make sure of that, aided and abetted by people who choose not to comply.

Chardy Sun 13-Dec-20 18:41:06

The mask wearers with it not over their nose make me angry

Lucca Sun 13-Dec-20 18:45:55

MaggieTulliver

No

No what ?

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Dec-20 18:47:36

I am amazed too at people’s interpretation of the rules. They see who they want giving the excuse they are in a bubble. I thought you were only allowed one bubble per family but it would seem you can have lots of bubbles!

Lucca Sun 13-Dec-20 18:50:16

TwoWolves

I refuse to wear facemasks - I said I wouldn't wear one, and I meant it. Just do not believe they are in any way effective and that they were only ever made mandatory to get people back into the shops. I'm shocked at how gullible people are in thinking they work. I'm don't think I'm invincible - I know I can catch covid as well as anybody else - by contact, rather than by not wearing a mask. Oh, and before you call me selfish, I volunteered 3 times to take part in vaccine trials for covid (but wasn't contacted in the end). Have any of you mask lovers done the same?

I cannot think of anything to say to you that would notget me banned. Why not just wear it ?? Dies it hurt you to do so on the off chance it might work ?
Wearing a mask doesn’t mean we have not volunteered for trials by the way,
Sei proprio scema, non ci posso credere.

Grannynannywanny Sun 13-Dec-20 18:51:40

TwoWolves

I refuse to wear facemasks - I said I wouldn't wear one, and I meant it. Just do not believe they are in any way effective and that they were only ever made mandatory to get people back into the shops

Please pass on your knowledge to NHS staff who wear masks for the duration of their 12 hour shifts. Also care home staff, home care staff, shop workers, food production staff, to name but a few.
If they can do it for an entire shift I don’t think it’s any great hardship for granny Bloggs to wear one to pop into a shop for 15 mins.

Fecklar Sun 13-Dec-20 18:53:55

I’ve been ill about 9 times now since March. I work in the Nhs and take all the precautions none of it has prevented me from catching bugs other than covid. Oddly enough the virus catching escalated from March onwards. No idea why but there you go.

Blue5 Sun 13-Dec-20 19:48:03

Spanielnanny So sorry to hear about your friends granddaughter. Agree there are certain reasons why some people don't follow the rules and I wouldn't condone those but bit different from daily visits to see people

AGAA4 Sun 13-Dec-20 19:52:43

We are missing our families but if we all start seeing everyone then the NHS will be overwhelmed and more people will die. I know nurses who are already on their knees as many staff are off sick.

Smileless2012 Sun 13-Dec-20 20:00:24

That's awful SpanielNannysad your poor friend.

growstuff Sun 13-Dec-20 20:01:24

Yes, I'm totally fed up with people who don't follow the rules and twist them to justify their personal exceptionalism.

Looking at the deaths and new cases over the last two or three weeks, it's quite obvious that some people are not taking rules seriously.

Test and Trace has now effectively been abandoned and been replaced by mass testing, which is hugely expensive and will be yet another waste of money if people don't self-isolate and schools remain as they are.

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 20:13:40

So what would you do growstuff with a mental health crisis in the family? A family member who says they want to die. What would you do? Ignore it?

And what would you do about an elderly 93 year old mother who falls and cuts her head open and the sheltered apartment care facility calls you and asks you to go up to the apartment and open the door for the paramedics? I stayed with her for two hours till the paramedics came and took her off to hospital where it was discovered she had two intracranial bleeds. What would you do? Refuse to go?

Don’t give me the people who don’t follow the rules and twist them to justify their personal exceptionalism.

What would you do with these family members? I’d really like to know because that’s what I’ve been dealing with this last week.

Nanna58 Sun 13-Dec-20 20:24:48

I am infuriated with those who not Bly flout the rules but prosper- step forward Kay Burley, who , far from suffering from blatantly breaking the rules, is now enjoying a holiday on full pay at Richard Branson’s safari lodge for ‘ several weeks. I could slap the silly, selfish b*#ch !!!!

AGAA4 Sun 13-Dec-20 20:26:19

Maddy those are emergency situations and you had to respond.

MissAdventure Sun 13-Dec-20 20:28:21

Maddyone
I would think both of those instances would be exempt from "the rules".

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 20:29:26

Thank you AGAA4. It’s been a hard week. Lots of tears, lots of emotions. As you so obviously understand, things are not always what they seem.

maddyone Sun 13-Dec-20 20:30:43

Thank you also MissAdventure.

MissAdventure Sun 13-Dec-20 20:31:54

flowers
You're welcome, and I do hope things get easier for you and yours.

Nadateturbe Sun 13-Dec-20 20:33:57

I think what annoys me is people doing things because it's permitted, even though it isn't safe.