Gransnet forums

Coronavirus

Symptoms list needs revising

(55 Posts)
Flaxseed Sun 03-Jan-21 13:56:53

I know lots of symptoms are listed but the main ones on the Gov & NHS sites are still a High temperature, new or continuous cough and loss of taste and smell.

I worked Boxing Day night with two staff who had the symptoms of a cold but were advised to get a test anyway. They tested positive.
I have felt achy the last few days but no cough, temperature or loss of taste/smell. I have the lateral flow tests from work and they have been negative. Until today confused when it showed I am positive.
I am now off for a PCR test for confirmation.
So please everyone, even if you think you have a cold (I actually thought I was coming down with tonsillitis) get a test!!

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Jan-21 01:09:03

Liz46 What's this about Hancock giving out free vitamin D and sending 'detailed emails' to the CEV?
It's the first that I've heard of it!
We had a few scary texts in March and April (pack a hospital bag and open a window) and that was it!
From which I've read on here the situation in Scotland is far better for the CEV, and there you do get free Vitamin D.
As an aside, when DH came out of hospital he was given Vitamin D tablets to bring home.

Gran32 Tue 12-Jan-21 10:29:27

But you can only legitimately get a test if you have the 3 main symptoms unless your area offers asymptomatic testing. That's the dilemma

Gran32 Tue 12-Jan-21 10:33:19

Callistemon makes you wonder though if the tests are unreliable. Is it just picking up a cold..coronavirus too ?

Greeneyedgirl Tue 12-Jan-21 14:33:12

FannyC I think it was in the article I mentioned about vitD up thread.